• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the 77 points better in slugging really make up for his defensive deficiencies and lack of versatility versus Pena's defense?
I have no idea. But I suspect that it was a bit of a clubhouse statement. Gonor is the hot bat. No way they could have gotten rid of that in this struggling time.

No matter, though, it only bought him a week or so extra.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. But I suspect that it was a bit of a clubhouse statement. Gonor is the hot bat. No way they could have gotten rid of that in this struggling time.

No matter, though, it only bought him a week or so extra.
True. But does Adrianza get to make the team or is he dfa'd as well?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Mac hits the DL and opens a slot for EA?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Mac is okay enough to avoid the dl, who gets moved for him and Duffy?
Gonor is the first, clear option. I think that will clear a spot for EA early this week (Tuesday?).

Duffy just started his rehab yesterday, but apparently they are sending him to Richmond so he will be near the team this week. That indicates he is close. Maybe he gets optioned??? I doubt it, but the Giants do love them their options game.

Maybe Mac gets sent down, with Nunez truly becoming the Zobrist-type?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonor is the first, clear option. I think that will clear a spot for EA early this week (Tuesday?).

Duffy just started his rehab yesterday, but apparently they are sending him to Richmond so he will be near the team this week. That indicates he is close. Maybe he gets optioned??? I doubt it, but the Giants do love them their options game.

Mac seems to be the most clear option, but considering the team's hitting of late, sending him down is not in the team's best option short term. Duffy seems more logical, sell him on the idea that it is for less than a month, but it seems less likely. Barring someone getting injured, a hard decision will have to be made. Mac being optioned does seem most likely, with the next possibility probably being EA designated. That is in the vacuum of no further position players acquired. If that does happen in the next 16 hours, then it will make for an even more interesting situation.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per Shulman, Giants will not DFA Gonor, and EA is coming back Tuesday. This to me makes no sense, as I can't see them carrying seven IF...unless you count Nunez as an IF/OF.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Shulman, Giants will not DFA Gonor, and EA is coming back Tuesday. This to me makes no sense, as I can't see them carrying seven IF...unless you count Nunez as an IF/OF.
Someone is either going on the dl (Span?) or getting traded (Panik?) by Tuesday. How else is EA and Duffy both going to fit on the roster by next week?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there is another trade coming in the next few hours? Maybe they will dump EA for pennies on the dollar?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is either going on the dl (Span?) or getting traded (Panik?) by Tuesday. How else is EA and Duffy both going to fit on the roster by next week?
I don't like the prospect of trading Panik. Dude is an flat-out stud. And who would we get in return that would be of value at this point? Archer? Sale?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were rumors earlier this season that McCutchen was available. But that would require too much shuffling of too many pieces at this time of year to make any sense.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the prospect of trading Panik. Dude is an flat-out stud. And who would we get in return that would be of value at this point? Archer? Sale?
Not trying to say its a good idea. I think it would be awful to trade him. Just trying to figure out how the Giants could fit both Adrianza, Gillaspie and Duffy in the next two weeks, in light of Shulman's comments, assuming that they are accurate.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, we were unwilling to give him up to get Miller, so I think he stays.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to say its a good idea. I think it would be awful to trade him. Just trying to figure out how the Giants could fit both Adrianza, Gillaspie and Duffy in the next two weeks, in light of Shulman's comments, assuming that they are accurate.
Well to be fair, he didn't comment on what will happen when Duffy comes back. I suspect Gonnor is, well, a goner.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will hold off on posting the trade to the roster until we know the follow-up transaction to clear space for Smith on the 25. I will guess Lopez gets a mystery illness??