• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened yesterday, but I am just now getting to it…

Birdsong optioned to make room for Baumann. Birdsong will not miss his turn in the rotation, though, as he will be the 27th man for the doubleheader.

Will his activation for that game interrupt his option clock, assuming he is called back up when eligible? That is a detail I have little understanding about.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened yesterday, but I am just now getting to it…

Birdsong optioned to make room for Baumann. Birdsong will not miss his turn in the rotation, though, as he will be the 27th man for the doubleheader.

Will his activation for that game interrupt his option clock, assuming he is called back up when eligible? That is a detail I have little understanding about.
I would guess not, simply because the 27th man doesn't have to optioned back to AAA after the doubleheader, he is simply taken off the roster.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Hill claimed off waivers from the Rangers

No 40 move is needed, but a 26 move will be required (he doesn’t have any options). I expect that to come tomorrow.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Hill claimed off waivers from the Rangers

No 40 move is needed, but a 26 move will be required (he doesn’t have any options). I expect that to come tomorrow.
Matos down?

Why these 40 man grabs? Yeah, I know that FZ is in charge. But I thought they were clearing space for Cobb and Ray. Guess FZ made space too soon and couldn't help himself.

To be fair, Hill was decent in SSS with Texas, but man, he's bounced around.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matos down?

Why these 40 man grabs? Yeah, I know that FZ is in charge. But I thought they were clearing space for Cobb and Ray. Guess FZ made space too soon and couldn't help himself.

Looks like he is a defense first, OK bat OFer. Looks similar to Yaz.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matos down?

Rumor has it that Hill was a weak hitting middle infielder early in his career. FZ cannot resist.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray activated from the 60
Winn transfer from the 15 to the 60
Hill added to the 26
Rodriguez optioned
Matos optioned

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray activated from the 60
Winn transfer from the 15 to the 60
Hill added to the 26
Rodriguez optioned
Matos optioned
I thoguht Winn was doing some throwing on the side. I guess he had a setback or the Giants have decided he needs "more time".

And is Baumann really better than Rodriguez?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thoguht Winn was doing some throwing on the side. I guess he had a setback or the Giants have decided he needs "more time".

And is Baumann really better than Rodriguez?
Baumann can’t be optioned. I read that as more inventory management than anything else.

This is a lost year. Rodriguez has been struggling. I am in favor of the inventory management move. At least until Baumann gets into a few games and our staff gets a better grasp of his abilities.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baumann can’t be optioned. I read that as more inventory management than anything else.

This is a lost year. Rodriguez has been struggling. I am in favor of the inventory management move. At least until Baumann gets into a few games and our staff gets a better grasp of his abilities.
Meh. They couldn't figure that out by watching tapes of him pitching and the results that it created? It is a lost year, so let the rookies struggle for a while.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. They couldn't figure that out by watching tapes of him pitching and the results that it created? It is a lost year, so let the rookies struggle for a while.
Continually throwing kids out to fail can cause much more damage than giving them a mental break and allowing them to “get right” in an easier environment.