• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Jackson's best seasons came in 2019 and 2021 when his slider usage was above 50%. The Giants tend to simplify/optimize pitch mix with pitchers, so this feels like a logical plan to continue with Jackson.
Per MLBTR:
"It was 2018 when Jackson entirely shelved his changeup, scaled back the usage of his four-seamer and curveball, and began to throw his slider more than any other offering. Since that point, Jackson has seen his strikeout rate leap from an awful 13.4% to a very strong 27.1%. He’s averaged 95.5 mph on his heater along the way and also gone from a fly-ball pitcher to a robust ground-ball worker, keeping a whopping 55.8% of balls put into play against him on the ground."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wynns has accepted the outright assignment by the Giants.

I have not changed my opinion on him (I am not a fan), but I am happy to have him back. We need as many MLB-level options to compete for the spot as possible.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wynns has accepted the outright assignment by the Giants.

I have not changed my opinion on him (I am not a fan), but I am happy to have him back. We need as many MLB-level options to compete for the spot as possible.
His stats aren't bad, esp for a backup. In roughly a third of a season in 2022, he had a 0.5 oWAR, and a 0.2 dWAR. He has had positive dWAR every season. And 2022 was his best season with the bat, posting his highest oWAR and OPS of his career.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats aren't bad, esp for a backup. In roughly a third of a season in 2022, he had a 0.5 oWAR, and a 0.2 dWAR. He has had positive dWAR every season. And 2022 was his best season with the bat, posting his highest oWAR and OPS of his career.

He never passed the eye test for me. Everything he did looked wanting. His arm. His framing. His glove. His bat. All wanting.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This leaves Jose Alvarez as the only guy removed from the 40 man this offseason without a team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated for today’s cuts. But there were some adds that I didn’t catch, so I will need to find those and update

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated for today’s cuts. But there were some adds that I didn’t catch, so I will need to find those and update
Yeah, Andy Thomas wasn't on the initial list of invites. I've noticed that Trevor Hildenberger is on the list of invites now. The others seem to be Robert Emery (catcher), Max Wright (catcher) and Jimmy Glowenke (infielder).

I think, in past spring trainings, the website would update for guys brought up from minor league camp, sometimes. And wouldn't always remove them from the list until the list disappeared.

Edit: They do seem to be differentiating on the transactions page.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link in the other thread says we are at 27 NRIs, but I have it at 29. There were likely 2 other cuts that we missed.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link in the other thread says we are at 27 NRIs, but I have it at 29. There were likely 2 other cuts that we missed.
The NRI list also still had guys on the list that just got cut. Its hard to keep up with all the changes to that group. And sometimes they un-invite players (such as Adon a couple of years ago, due to injury) without any posting of said transaction.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Waites update (I was wondering why he hadn't been used yet):

Conforto's injury is old, but Waites' is dealing with a strained oblique muscle is only ten days old. The timing of the injury makes it likely that Waites starts the season in Sacramento, despite finishing last year with the major league club.

Waites started last season at High-A ball in Eugene and finished it in the majors, a testament to his electric fastball and high strikeout rates. He likely would have started the season in Triple-A anyway, where he only appeared in seven games last year. Since he's not throwing at all, you can probably remove the 23-year-old righty from your bullpen projections for now. Waites is currently ranked the 26th-best prospect in the organization.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Waites update (I was wondering why he hadn't been used yet):

Conforto's injury is old, but Waites' is dealing with a strained oblique muscle is only ten days old. The timing of the injury makes it likely that Waites starts the season in Sacramento, despite finishing last year with the major league club.

Waites started last season at High-A ball in Eugene and finished it in the majors, a testament to his electric fastball and high strikeout rates. He likely would have started the season in Triple-A anyway, where he only appeared in seven games last year. Since he's not throwing at all, you can probably remove the 23-year-old righty from your bullpen projections for now. Waites is currently ranked the 26th-best prospect in the organization.
I thought he only had an outside chance of cracking the bullpen anyway. It is a bummer, though, that he is dealing with an injury. I wonder if he'll start the year on the IL.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some roster cleanup with some moves that I have previously missed. Let me know if you see updates I still need to apply.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some roster cleanup with some moves that I have previously missed. Let me know if you see updates I still need to apply.
Did you want to clean up the NRIs? If so, the following have been reassigned:
Raymond Burgos (L)
Nick Duron (R)
Jorge Guzman (R)
Trevor Hildenberger (R)
Erik Miller (L)

Ricardo Genoves

Armando Alvarez
Tyler Fitzgerald
Ford Proctor
Casey Schmitt
Will Wilson

Vaun Brown
Clint Coulter

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond Burgos (L)
Nick Duron (R)
Jorge Guzman (R)
Trevor Hildenberger (R)
Erik Miller (L)

Ricardo Genoves

Armando Alvarez
Tyler Fitzgerald
Ford Proctor
Casey Schmitt
Will Wilson

Vaun Brown
Clint Coulter
Where do you see these?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond Burgos (L)
Nick Duron (R)
Jorge Guzman (R)
Trevor Hildenberger (R)
Erik Miller (L)

Ricardo Genoves

Armando Alvarez
Tyler Fitzgerald
Ford Proctor
Casey Schmitt
Will Wilson

Vaun Brown
Clint Coulter
Just noticed that Proctor, Schmitt and Wilson are on my list of cuts. I thought I removed them but I obviously did not. They are still in big league camp.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed that Proctor, Schmitt and Wilson are on my list of cuts. I thought I removed them but I obviously did not. They are still in big league camp.
Assigning to minor league camp is not any kind of “end all, be all” move, I know, but I was surprised to see Wilson and Schmitt on your list.