• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny enough, he was actually a guy that Zaidi traded for with LA, and then later traded away.
To be fair, he was included in the Machado trade. Getting a player like that could cause you to part with an asset you value.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny enough, he was actually a guy that Zaidi traded for with LA, and then later traded away.

To be fair, he was included in the Machado trade. Getting a player like that could cause you to part with an asset you value.
This move is a fairly common one for a new executive to make - grab a known commodity that is available on the market. The type of player that Valera looks like is Orlando Calixte . . . and about a dozen other middle infielders that the Giants seem to be infatuated with in the past few years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried in the slightest. In fact, adding NO ONE is exactly what I have been clambering for the last few off seasons.

But it is kinda sad when the biggest add to your team in an entire off season is Pat Venditte...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried in the slightest. In fact, adding NO ONE is exactly what I have been clambering for the last few off seasons.

But it is kinda sad when the biggest add to your team in an entire off season is Pat Venditte...
In my opinion, there are usually only a few free agents worth acquiring each offseason. Most of the rest are either too experience, their contracts will be too long, they just don't fit the roster or they replace someone as good or better than them. I'm fine with no acquisitions as well.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, there are usually only a few free agents worth acquiring each offseason. Most of the rest are either too experience, their contracts will be too long, they just don't fit the roster or they replace someone as good or better than them. I'm fine with no acquisitions as well.

I'm fine with no splashy signings, but I'd like SOME kind of move. Something shrewd, low-key.

Maybe Mike Gerber can be that guy.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't add anyone, we need to trade players away for prospects. Doing nothing at all is worse than getting rid of players as it will take longer for a rebuild. If you are going to suck do it to the max and get great draft picks and reload the farm.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't add anyone, we need to trade players away for prospects. Doing nothing at all is worse than getting rid of players as it will take longer for a rebuild. If you are going to suck do it to the max and get great draft picks and reload the farm.
I believe this will happen. It may take until August, but it will happen.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much fail here....

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen confirmation that Smith was, in fact, offered arb. But I haven’t seen anything Osich. Anyone seen anything on him?
From Baseball Reference:
Giants reliever Will Smith has agreed to a $4.225MM salary for his final season of team control, Nightengale tweets. Smith’s outstanding 2018 season will push his arbitration salary a bit north of his $4.1MM projection as he gears up for his final season before reaching free agency.

That is the last guy on the 40 man roster who would have gone through arbitration. Now, the Giants just need to renew the non-arb eligible guys next month.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland was just re-signed. 1 year $7 mill with a club option for the next season.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on who gets dfa'd for Pomeranz? I would guess Valera, Coonrod, Osich, Law or even Venditte.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless a trade comes in the next day or so, I would assume Law gets kicked. Of the players without options, he is at the bottom of pile.