• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why were Strickland and Hernandez dfa'd instead of non-tendered? I don't know if it makes a real difference in their new contracts, but I believe that will make them minor league free agents instead of major league free agents.

I don't know WHY they were DFA'd, but one difference between the two is that when you non-tender a player, he is gone. If you DFA said player, you have 10 days TO TRADE HIM. So if there was a slight possibility that they might be able to trade the player, they might as well try and get something back for him. If nobody shows interest you don't lose anything at all, so why not?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know WHY they were DFA'd, but one difference between the two is that when you non-tender a player, he is gone. If you DFA said player, you have 10 days TO TRADE HIM. So if there was a slight possibility that they might be able to trade the player, they might as well try and get something back for him. If nobody shows interest you don't lose anything at all, so why not?
Good point, but wouldn't that just look like they didn't try for a trade before the non-tender deadline? I would think that if the FO knew that they were going to be non-tendered that they would have been actively shopped before hand.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Our first “big” add is Venditte??

:sigh:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets signed Gregor Blanco to a minor league deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know opera had a minor league, nor than Blanco could sing opera.
Took you long enough to catch that error. I only saw it after the edit option disappeared. Wasn't worth the request from one of you mods.
And, by the way, there's some interesting opera circuits in the south. You should catch their fall league schedule for the top opera prospects - full of almost fat ladies as well as some real pitchy singing, but some with real potential.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took you long enough to catch that error. I only saw it after the edit option disappeared. Wasn't worth the request from one of you mods.
And, by the way, there's some interesting opera circuits in the south. You should catch their fall league schedule for the top opera prospects - full of almost fat ladies as well as some real pitchy singing, but some with real potential.

The edit button disappears after a while? Did not know that. Not a fan of opera, though we used to take the kids to Bugs on Broadway at the Hollywood Bowl back in the day. They would show Looney Toons cartoons on the screen while a live orchestra played the classical music background and Mel Blanc’s son did the voices. It was fun. Now if we hear a particular classical piece, the now grown kids will say, “I know that music! It’s from Bugs Bunny!”

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The edit button disappears after a while? Did not know that. Not a fan of opera, though we used to take the kids to Bugs on Broadway at the Hollywood Bowl back in the day. They would show Looney Toons cartoons on the screen while a live orchestra played the classical music background and Mel Blanc’s son did the voices. It was fun. Now if we hear a particular classical piece, the now grown kids will say, “I know that music! It’s from Bugs Bunny!”

For us peasants, the edit button disappears after 10 minutes. We don't have the luxury of always appearing right :D

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For us peasants, the edit button disappears after 10 minutes. We don't have the luxury of always appearing right :D
Wait...

Is stokes supposed to always appear right? I missed that one...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still havent made a good or big move. Just sitting back doing nothing until Harper is off the board to see who falls. Probably going to get a really old vet, pay him too much for too long a contract. Typical Giants shit.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3