• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current roster

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate to admit it,but, I am pretty impressed with this team.

anything under .500 will be a disapointment.:squeeze:

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to admit it,but, I am pretty impressed with this team.

anything under .500 will be a disapointment.:squeeze:

Anything over 5 wins would be a huge shock to me. I see a ton of yellow flags and turnovers in this teams future. Pretty much the norm since Marvin took over.

Don't get me wrong, I hope to be dead wrong.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? What part do you like?

Quarterback - Rookie with 5 weeks of practice as experience in the NFL.

Offensive Line - Currently only one player that has ever been labeled above average. The guard play was already weak and now we're dealing with Bobbie Williams suspension.

Receiver - Loads of potential for AJ Green, but not a single accomplished NFL receiver.

Running back - Don't get me started.

That's a bottom 10 offense.

D-Line - Looked good in preseason. Still missing a pass-rusher.

Linebacker - Probably improved from last year, but there was nowhere to go but up.

Corner - Solid. We'll miss Joseph, but I'd take our corners over all the other groups in the AFC-N

Safety - Still awful.

4-12.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gotta agree with cincygrad. This offense is going to struggle all year. Rookie QB, iffy o-line, Benson, and don't forget Marvin. I'm thinking 5-11.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do think the defense has a chance to be pretty decent, you still have to score to win, and this team will struggle to average 13-14 ppg......I believe anywhere from 2-4 wins is most likely......

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think anywhere from 4-6 wins would be about right, you've gotta remember our schedule. With some of the opponents we have, we gotta win some of the games. Anyone ever notice when we're supposed to be good, we suck, and when we're supposed to suck, we're decent? Maybe it'll be like that this year...

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think anywhere from 4-6 wins would be about right, you've gotta remember our schedule. With some of the opponents we have, we gotta win some of the games. Anyone ever notice when we're supposed to be good, we suck, and when we're supposed to suck, we're decent? Maybe it'll be like that this year...

That's been the case much of Palmer's tenure. Before Palmer when we were supposed to suck, we sucked...bad.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somebody woke up and smoked the rock today. We're going to be bad. I'd be surprised to be above .300 at the end of the season. I'm going with 3 or 4 wins. If Palmer comes back, I'm thinking 5 or 6 wins.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 2 wins...and here's why...

SF because SF is crappy and they have to travel from the WC to the EC to play a 1:00PM game.

Arizona due to the same reasons as above, though ARZ shouldn't be crappy. But, the game is also on Dec 24th. A warm weather WC team coming to the EC in december to play at 1:00PM...again, helps the Bengals.

I don't see much help anywhere else. They'll probably split the brown series, because that how it seems to always go...I don't see many other wins out there.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer isn't coming back, at least not to play for the Bengals, and we will win 2 games. The last 2 games of the season. Arizona and Baltimore will have clinched spots and take it easy on us.

We will put up a fight against the Browns, Broncos, Niners, Bills, Hawks and Titans, but it won't make up for our mistakes. Those teams might be in the same tier that we are, but they are more or less all a step ahead of the Bengals. Dalton shows flashes of talent, and its clear why we drafted him and Green, but when you can't hand the ball off to your running back withtout fumbling, you are in deep doo doo offensively.

I see us possibly getting the #1 overall pick, but I can't see Brown signing Andrew Luck after offering those extensions to our core players. Palmer would have to be off the payroll for sure next season, and still, he still would probably like to avoid making that kind of contract. How long would Luck hold out before signing with the Bengals? Wouldn't he demand, like Carson, to be sent to another team?

good grief.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Somebody woke up and smoked the rock today. We're going to be bad. I'd be surprised to be above .300 at the end of the season. I'm going with 3 or 4 wins. If Palmer comes back, I'm thinking 5 or 6 wins.

If Palmer comes back, I believe we have a shot at the playoffs. The schedule is too easy.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 2 wins...and here's why...

SF because SF is crappy and they have to travel from the WC to the EC to play a 1:00PM game.

Arizona due to the same reasons as above, though ARZ shouldn't be crappy. But, the game is also on Dec 24th. A warm weather WC team coming to the EC in december to play at 1:00PM...again, helps the Bengals.

I don't see much help anywhere else. They'll probably split the brown series, because that how it seems to always go...I don't see many other wins out there.

Denver, Jacksonville and San Fran. are close to being as big a train wreck as this team. I'm guessing 3 wins. Maybe not over those three teams but they do suck about as bad as we do.

Also if Payton is out, the colts are going to suck something fierce.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Palmer isn't coming back, at least not to play for the Bengals, and we will win 2 games. The last 2 games of the season. Arizona and Baltimore will have clinched spots and take it easy on us.

We will put up a fight against the Browns, Broncos, Niners, Bills, Hawks and Titans, but it won't make up for our mistakes. Those teams might be in the same tier that we are, but they are more or less all a step ahead of the Bengals. Dalton shows flashes of talent, and its clear why we drafted him and Green, but when you can't hand the ball off to your running back withtout fumbling, you are in deep doo doo offensively.

I see us possibly getting the #1 overall pick, but I can't see Brown signing Andrew Luck after offering those extensions to our core players. Palmer would have to be off the payroll for sure next season, and still, he still would probably like to avoid making that kind of contract. How long would Luck hold out before signing with the Bengals? Wouldn't he demand, like Carson, to be sent to another team?

good grief.

He wouldn't hold out. He would get a max contract and that would be it. The rookie wage scale will prevent large holdouts and the best prospect in the draft will be expected to receive the max. No matter who Mike Brown drafts he will have to account for paying that player number one money or not have that player entirely, Luck or not. If Luck says he won't go to the Bengals then they will have the bargaining chip that will bring in a large number of draft picks.

That being said, Mike Brown would most likely fuck it up like everything else he touches and everything I just stated doesn't mean squat.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer's not coming back. We can all move on. Besides, if you look at what a lot of players have been saying, they don't want Palmer back. They understand it's a business, but the also have let it be known that he was never the leader they expected him to be, and more importantly....needed him to be.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Palmer's not coming back. We can all move on. Besides, if you look at what a lot of players have been saying, they don't want Palmer back. They understand it's a business, but the also have let it be known that he was never the leader they expected him to be, and more importantly....needed him to be.

It was a hypothetical (please don't tell me I'm going to have to dumb it down further). And one that is valid considering Palmer hasn't officially retired yet, implying at some point - whether it this week, during the season, or after the season - he will attempt to come back and force Brown's hand.

As for the bolded quote...you are a liar (and as if that would stop Palmer from coming back anyways...LOL...bring a better argument next time).

Last edited by a moderator:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, come off it flaming...you haven't heard the undertones when Whit gave his interview about Dalton giving a not so subtle shot at Carson's leadership, or lack there of? No one is hiding his poor leadership skills under their hat.

I get that it is hypothetical...there's nothing to dumb down. Everyone can continue to beat this dead horse into the ground, but the fact of the matter is...Carson coming back does NOT in any way, shape, or form force Mike Brown to do anything because A. he doesn't care about team chemeistry, B. he only wants to be "right" and C. he has enough money to take on Palmer without having to trade him for cap reasons, and he'll do this and let Palmer create all the controversy he wants because of A and B. Plus, he also knows that if Palmer comes back, more fans will buy tickets thinking the team will use him and improve.

As for me being a liar...this quote is from a USA today article from Whitworth on Palmer (and Ocho) leaving: Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth appeared to take a shot at both of them when he said, "We didn't lose much of the leadership of this team, really."

Also, this is from a WLWT report: Another member of the Cincinnati Bengals is siding with those who don't really want quarterback Carson Palmer to return. In an interview with 102.3 The Ticket in Denver on Thursday, cornerback Adam Jones said, "If Carson don’t want to be here, damn him, period, point blank."

So, call me a liar...but it simply ain't true. Bengals have said, and hinted, they don't want Palmer back, and losing him wasn't losing much leadership on this team...which fans and players have said and hinted at for years.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i appreciate the OP's optimism...I think most fans will agree, there hasn't been this little excitement going into a Bengals season since like 02-03. Yes, there are some nice young players like A.J Green to be optimistic about. But thats about as far as it goes. The talent and experience we have on the roster right now will translate little to wins this year. Rookie QB, shaky O-line, inexperience at WR....and lets not forget we are 1 or 2 injuries away from being very mediocre on D. I like the youth we have and will watch for that reason. But don't see how we win any more than 5 games.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, come off it flaming...you haven't heard the undertones when Whit gave his interview about Dalton giving a not so subtle shot at Carson's leadership, or lack there of? No one is hiding his poor leadership skills under their hat.

I get that it is hypothetical...there's nothing to dumb down. Everyone can continue to beat this dead horse into the ground, but the fact of the matter is...Carson coming back does NOT in any way, shape, or form force Mike Brown to do anything because A. he doesn't care about team chemeistry, B. he only wants to be "right" and C. he has enough money to take on Palmer without having to trade him for cap reasons, and he'll do this and let Palmer create all the controversy he wants because of A and B. Plus, he also knows that if Palmer comes back, more fans will buy tickets thinking the team will use him and improve.

As for me being a liar...this quote is from a USA today article from Whitworth on Palmer (and Ocho) leaving: Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth appeared to take a shot at both of them when he said, "We didn't lose much of the leadership of this team, really."

Also, this is from a WLWT report: Another member of the Cincinnati Bengals is siding with those who don't really want quarterback Carson Palmer to return. In an interview with 102.3 The Ticket in Denver on Thursday, cornerback Adam Jones said, "If Carson don’t want to be here, damn him, period, point blank."

So, call me a liar...but it simply ain't true. Bengals have said, and hinted, they don't want Palmer back, and losing him wasn't losing much leadership on this team...which fans and players have said and hinted at for years.

As a leader of the team, posed with a question regarding Carson and Chad not being around, Whitworth said what anybody would say, the correct thing. Chad was gone, and under the assumption Carson isn't coming back, you have to exude confidence in the rest of the team, and especially your rookie QB, for the sake of the team. That doesn't mean they wouldn't welcome Palmer back with open arms. And that's the point. Players talk, and it shouldn't be taken as anything more than that.

"I have a hard time believing Carson Palmer said something like that. That's just not him. He's got so much humility and he's so mild-mannered. I don't see it. I know he's upset. He's frustrated. We'd love to have him back. But if he's not happy…this is a tough enough game as it is and if you're not happy where you are, it's all that much tougher to play. He's got to sit back and do what's best for him and his family."
--Whitworth

Additionally, players have not said nor hinted "for years" that Palmer is not a leader. Quit making stuff up.

I wrote that a lot of guys look to me for leadership, but that I looked to him for leadership, I watch him. I watch how much he sacrificed. Fans don't see what happens in the locker room and on the field. There were times he took the blame when it wasn't his fault. A lot of times. There would be a lot of guys that would have blamed someone else. But he never did. That's leadership. He's our quarterback. He's my quarterback. We don't want to lose him.
--Reggie Kelly

And apparently you still don't get it, it isn't a dead horse. The guy has not officially retired. As you've mentioned, and Palmer assuredly knows, Brown is not going to fold. So, why wouldn't Palmer just sign the papers and get it over with? Hmm...maybe he's planning on coming back at some point - whether to play or force Brown's hand is anyone's guess - whether it be this week, during the season, or after the season. There obviously is something else to it. Yet, for some reason you want to believe there's no chance he comes back.

And btw...LOL @ quoting anything Pacman says. "Another member of the Cincinnati Bengals siding with..." ...who are the rest? Sure guys (Benson to name one) have said if Palmer wants to be traded, he should be traded, but again, that doesn't mean he wouldn't be received back.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should clarify what I mean by not coming back...he's not coming back to play. I think if Palmer returns (and I wouldn't be surprised if he did return) he's simply going to be the 3rd QB on this team. They are not going to use him as the starter, or even the backup. It would make no sense...then again, nothing about how this team is ran makes any sense...so there you go.

you can "LOL" all you want at the pacman quote, but it's true. I, personally, think that many other guys feel this way but because of the uncertain status of his contract/retirement...they don't want to burn bridges. But you know, if you've ever played sports, and had a guy basically quit on you...you don't want that guy back. Period.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Palmer goes, I'd take what the comments of Whit and others with a grain of salt. Yes some comments have hinted negativity towards Palmer, and i believe it was Benson who said if he doesn't want to be here, they don't want him. But I ask you this....what the hell are they supposed to say or do? Beg Carson to come back? Tell Dalton to go pound sand? Call out ownership and risk getting blacklisted by MB? You have to work with what you have and support the guys who are here at the moment.

I don't buy any sort of locker room rift if Palmer returns. Sure, he may not be the most popular guy, but i expect most of the vets except maybe Benson would welcome him back.

The sad thing is...it ultimately doesn't matter what guys in the locker room think or say. MB is the ultimate authority, and the track record proves that team chemistry, locker room harmony, and winning football games are not the priority around here. If Palmer comes back, he will likely be the starter. And the vets will have no choice but to suck it up and support their QB.

Last edited by a moderator: