• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current roster

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, I just don't see it, but will remain hopeful, whether it's Dalton or Carson.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer would be unprepared to come in and start right away, so his 4-12 arse wouldn't help us get any closer to the playoffs than Dalton... so, since Palmer is gone next season most likely, we might as well give our long term guy the snaps.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't allow your hate for Palmer cloud your judgement.

Dalton isn't anywhere near the league of Palmer, and that's even with 0 practice time for Palmer.

Rarely do you see teams throw QB's to the wolves in their rookie season. And there's a reason for this. And this reason highly outweighs "giving our long term guy the snaps".

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't allow your hate for Palmer cloud your judgement.

Dalton isn't anywhere near the league of Palmer, and that's even with 0 practice time for Palmer.

Rarely do you see teams throw QB's to the wolves in their rookie season. And there's a reason for this. And this reason highly outweighs "giving our long term guy the snaps".

Especially 2nd round QB's. Who Dey!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think rookies can start and learn from starting early, but I think the conditions have to be a lot better than what guys like Newton and Dalton are dealing with.

First, if you are going to have a young QB, you need to have a solid OL to protect him and give him time. Not the case in Bengal-land. You also need to have some solid WR's, and TE to help the pressure in the passing game. While I think we all agree AJ will be a pretty good WR and Gresham is a solid TE, Simpson still has not proven anything. Not exactly a proven position. Benson will help the running game, and I think a return to focus will help him raise his averages above where they were last year.

Pretty much the same can be said for Newton, but I don't like Newtons inability to read a defense, as he's never had to do it in the past. Dalton at least looks like he knows what he's doing out there, even if he's a bit slow to react.

Bottom line...with the Bengals knowing Palmer was going to sit (or at least calling his bluff) they really did fail to get a solid Veteran to start the season so Dalton can sit. Gradkowski is a good backup, but not the guy I would want to start the season with while Dalton learns.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think rookies can start and learn from starting early, but I think the conditions have to be a lot better than what guys like Newton and Dalton are dealing with.

First, if you are going to have a young QB, you need to have a solid OL to protect him and give him time. Not the case in Bengal-land. You also need to have some solid WR's, and TE to help the pressure in the passing game. While I think we all agree AJ will be a pretty good WR and Gresham is a solid TE, Simpson still has not proven anything. Not exactly a proven position. Benson will help the running game, and I think a return to focus will help him raise his averages above where they were last year.

Pretty much the same can be said for Newton, but I don't like Newtons inability to read a defense, as he's never had to do it in the past. Dalton at least looks like he knows what he's doing out there, even if he's a bit slow to react.

Bottom line...with the Bengals knowing Palmer was going to sit (or at least calling his bluff) they really did fail to get a solid Veteran to start the season so Dalton can sit. Gradkowski is a good backup, but not the guy I would want to start the season with while Dalton learns.

Gresham, Shipley, Benson & Scott will help Dalton because they are sure things at their positions....The offense appears to love this new WCO..so hopefully that translates to confident play on the field...I think that damn Oline is going to SURPRISE I think Smith, Whitworth Cook and Boling will do well...We will use Roland as the 3rd TE and utilize the unbalanced look some I bet...but I think our Oline is going to SURPRISE our fans....AJ & Simpson are the unknowns in the passing game but SIMPSON WILL BLOCK YO MOFO ASS OFF! WE WILL NEED THAT IN THE RUN GAME IN CLEVELAND!

Have faith we can win this game if we limit mistakes, establish the run, STOP THE RUN, RUSH THE PASSER and give Dalton time..LOL :)

Im not saying we are losing definitely...We could lose we could win....but I will believe until we are down 10 or more with 5 mins to go.

Gruden is not Bratkowski and will call a good game.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are gonna win by 14+. Dalton will have 2 ints and Benson will have a lost fumble. It's gonna be ugly.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last I checked, Browns were favored by 7, with the over/under, looks like it could be around 21/14

Our team is a little easy to figure out on defense... we can stop the run ok, so all they need to do is play action and attack our safeties.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have faith we can win this game if we limit mistakes, establish the run, STOP THE RUN, RUSH THE PASSER and give Dalton time..LOL :)

You forgot the thing I'm most skeptical about. Dalton has to then make an accurate pass to the right read.

Hey it could happen.

While my expectations are low, I'm excited for the opening kick off. I might just listen to Welcome to the Jungle 4 or 5 times tonight :rockon:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are a really crappy team. I mean they are starting 2 rookie D linemen, they are switching D's to a 4-3 that they really don't have personel for. Steinbach is hurt, they have 0 WR's worth a crap. All you have to do is stop Hillis and you beat them. Now while he is hard to stop, that is playing to our strength.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are a really crappy team. I mean they are starting 2 rookie D linemen, they are switching D's to a 4-3 that they really don't have personel for. Steinbach is hurt, they have 0 WR's worth a crap. All you have to do is stop Hillis and you beat them. Now while he is hard to stop, that is playing to our strength.

I'll remember you said that when we finish below them.....again.

While you bring up some valid points, starting a rookie QB in week 1 trumps all of that. I see you think Dalton will throw 20 TD's this season.....I'm not sure what preseason games you watched. He looked like shit to me.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically, the Bengals have to play PERFECT football to be a terrible browns team?

And that bodes well for the rest of the season, how?

I will say this...against some of the worst teams we play, the defense could be good enough to at least keep the offense in the game. Now, how the rest plays out depends on the OL, run game, and then how Dalton takes advantage of the 1-1 matchups he's going to see with Benson getting 8 and 9 in the box.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll remember you said that when we finish below them.....again.

While you bring up some valid points, starting a rookie QB in week 1 trumps all of that. I see you think Dalton will throw 20 TD's this season.....I'm not sure what preseason games you watched. He looked like shit to me.

Yeha 20 might be a little high. But hey I like to be optimistic. I in no way see him having more than 16 INT's and I even think that is pretty high.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeha 20 might be a little high. But hey I like to be optimistic. I in no way see him having more than 16 INT's and I even think that is pretty high.

I don't think he'll throw 16 INT's either, but that's because I'm betting he gets benched before the seasons over.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Palmer shows up all my predictions change dramatically. However until he shows up I'm not believing it. And no chance Dalton gets benched. He is either keeping this ship afloat or going down with it this year. Realistically I could see his numbers at like 14 TD's and 10 INT's.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Palmer shows up all my predictions change dramatically. However until he shows up I'm not believing it. And no chance Dalton gets benched. He is either keeping this ship afloat or going down with it this year. Realistically I could see his numbers at like 14 TD's and 10 INT's.

Your insane if you can use the term no chance with anything to do with this team...................

He's not some 1st round golden boy. I can easily see him getting benched if he's playing bad enough. Happens all the time with rookie QB's.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Mike Brown. Dalton is Grudens boy. It's his golden child. They will stick with Dalton all year long. Plus I don't think at any point he will be bad enough to pull. He won't be Jimmy Clausen bad.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is Mike Brown. Dalton is Grudens boy. It's his golden child. They will stick with Dalton all year long. Plus I don't think at any point he will be bad enough to pull. He won't be Jimmy Clausen bad.

I have no idea where this idea began from. He was a 2nd round pick. He's nobody's "golden child". Didn't grab him in the first round. Didn't even trade up for him. He was just a filler because we needed a QB and the best one available at the time.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because everyone said Gruden loved him and wanted him. There was no need to trade up. Just because you want him as your QB doesn't mean you have to trade up to get him. If we didn't want Dalton we would have taken someone else at 4 or in the 2nd. It was reported all draft time long that Gruden loved Dalton. Where were you? Obviously not paying attention then.