• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current roster

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't heard any Palmer news and will be shocked at this point if he's back.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Mike Brown. Dalton is Grudens boy. It's his golden child. They will stick with Dalton all year long. Plus I don't think at any point he will be bad enough to pull. He won't be Jimmy Clausen bad.

It sounds like your implying that Gruden would have rather had Dalton than any other QB in the draft, and I just can't buy that for second. If it is true it's all the more reason to bench him if he's playing poorly. He wants to see him succeed, and if he thinks he's in over his head and would benifit from watching the game from the sideline I can see that happening. Kid couldn't have stumbled into a worse situation with the lock out.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because everyone said Gruden loved him and wanted him. There was no need to trade up. Just because you want him as your QB doesn't mean you have to trade up to get him. If we didn't want Dalton we would have taken someone else at 4 or in the 2nd. It was reported all draft time long that Gruden loved Dalton. Where were you? Obviously not paying attention then.

No. It wasn't reported that Gruden "loved Dalton". That is a lie. Sure there was very credible speculation that the Bengals wanted Dalton because he was the most QB ready and we needed a QB to start right away, but there was nothing that said Gruden was infatuated with Dalton.

On that point, had Gruden been infatuated with Dalton, they would have traded up into the end of the first round to grab him and not take the chance of losing him. And if YOU were paying attention, you'd know that towards the end of the first round, there were rumors that the Bengals were making calls about moving up. But low and behold, they decided to stay put and took the chance of missing out on Dalton. Doesn't sound like the handling of someone the OC or team is in love with.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I haven't heard any Palmer news and will be shocked at this point if he's back.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to have my doubts he returns before the end of the season. It's been quiet on the insider front and I wouldn't expect that if Palmer was a day away from coming back. Oh well.

Screw 'em.