• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current FA's

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious if someone here knew where I could get a list of current FA players. Thanks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for current that will take some digging.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oooo, Steve Johnson is a Free Agent? That'd be nice to swipe him away while Buffalo is busy with Fitzgerald. San Francisco is his home town, not sure if he grew up a 49ers fan though.

He, Edwards, Crab, and Davis would give us the best receiving corp in the league. Bar None. But I would much rather try to give that money to the Jackson brothers (Desean and Vincent - in that order). Desean would kill two birds with one stone with his special teams play. And Harbaugh's offensive plays would cause fits for opposing defensive coordinators. He finds ways to isolate a player and put him in a situation that gives defenses instant mistmatch problems. I would pay top 5 receiver money for Jackson because of what his presence would do for the rest of the guys (Davis, Gore, etc.). I would want to use free agency to beef up our offense, and the draft to target young / smart / explosive defensive players (e.g. Janoris Jenkins / Brandon Jenkins / etc.)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He, Edwards, Crab, and Davis would give us the best receiving corp in the league. Bar None. But I would much rather try to give that money to the Jackson brothers (Desean and Vincent - in that order). Desean would kill two birds with one stone with his special teams play. And Harbaugh's offensive plays would cause fits for opposing defensive coordinators. He finds ways to isolate a player and put him in a situation that gives defenses instant mistmatch problems. I would pay top 5 receiver money for Jackson because of what his presence would do for the rest of the guys (Davis, Gore, etc.). I would want to use free agency to beef up our offense, and the draft to target young / smart / explosive defensive players (e.g. Janoris Jenkins / Brandon Jenkins / etc.)

I'd rather have DeSean and Vincent too, but I was thinking about how Baalke approached Free Agency this last off-season. He let everyone fight over the top names and then brought in guys like Carlos Rogers. I was thinking while everyone was fighting over DeSean and Vincent, Baalke would target Steve Johnson.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flynn and Chris Redman both intrigue me. I like what i've seen from both of those guys. Obviously i wouldn't want to pay them starter money, but i would love to bring one of those guys in.

WR could be addressed in the draft, but if we plan on trading up for a guy like Landry Jones then we may not have many picks in which case it would be smart to go after either DeSean Jackson (in which case we could release Ted Ginn Jr.), Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, or Stevie Johnson. Realistically speaking i doubt any of those guys make it to FA and they are either franchised or signed to long term deals, but it sure would be nice.

One guy i would love to see us go after is Brent Grimes. Hopefully he doesn't demand a huge contract, but i think he is worth quite a bit and would help solidify our secondary for the future.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flynn and Chris Redman both intrigue me. I like what i've seen from both of those guys. Obviously i wouldn't want to pay them starter money, but i would love to bring one of those guys in.

WR could be addressed in the draft, but if we plan on trading up for a guy like Landry Jones then we may not have many picks in which case it would be smart to go after either DeSean Jackson (in which case we could release Ted Ginn Jr.), Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, or Stevie Johnson. Realistically speaking i doubt any of those guys make it to FA and they are either franchised or signed to long term deals, but it sure would be nice.

One guy i would love to see us go after is Brent Grimes. Hopefully he doesn't demand a huge contract, but i think he is worth quite a bit and would help solidify our secondary for the future.

I think you've mentioned him before. I still think the same thing when I read it. "Really?"

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've mentioned him before. I still think the same thing when I read it. "Really?"

Yeah, I've brought it up a few times over the past year. I just think he's a guy who's flying under the radar that we could get fairly cheap. I'm not saying we should break the bank for him, but i like what i have seen from him in the limited amount of playing time he has received. I'd much rather have Luck (even though it's never going to happen now) or Landry Jones. If we are not going to have a chance at either of them i would hope to re-sign Alex Smith and add Redman as well.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've brought it up a few times over the past year. I just think he's a guy who's flying under the radar that we could get fairly cheap. I'm not saying we should break the bank for him, but i like what i have seen from him in the limited amount of playing time he has received. I'd much rather have Luck (even though it's never going to happen now) or Landry Jones. If we are not going to have a chance at either of them i would hope to re-sign Alex Smith and add Redman as well.

IDK, I wasn't that impressed with him. We're talking about the guy that was in Atlanta, right? How old is he now?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IDK, I wasn't that impressed with him. We're talking about the guy that was in Atlanta, right? How old is he now?

He was drafted in 2000. He was another name being thrown around with Carmazzi in that draft. Redman went shortly after Gio.

I have never been even a little bit impressed with him. I don't see him bringing any value to the team.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was drafted in 2000. He was another name being thrown around with Carmazzi in that draft. Redman went shortly after Gio.

I have never been even a little bit impressed with him. I don't see him bringing any value to the team.

I didn't realize he was 34 now, but that's quite a long time to go in the NFL when he's only started a handful of games.

Here's a look at his career stats:

Chris Redman Stats - Atlanta Falcons - ESPN

It's hard to find video on him because there is only so much of it. I just feel that he would bring a more veteran presence to this team instead of adding another rookie to back up Smith and Kap.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't realize he was 34 now, but that's quite a long time to go in the NFL when he's only started a handful of games.

Here's a look at his career stats:

Chris Redman Stats - Atlanta Falcons - ESPN

It's hard to find video on him because there is only so much of it. I just feel that he would bring a more veteran presence to this team instead of adding another rookie to back up Smith and Kap.

I disagree. I don't think he brings anything. I wouldn't want him on the field, and I don't think he brings anything to a meeting room or practice field that Smith, and Harbaugh for that matter, don't already bring.

I'd rather get a young guy who has potential to be a legitimate starter in the league than Redman.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1, totally agree. I have never been impressed with him. If Kap is our future (and assuming we re-sign Smith), then he needs to continue to be our backup so he gets the practice reps that typically aren't given to 3rd string QBs.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I don't think he brings anything. I wouldn't want him on the field, and I don't think he brings anything to a meeting room or practice field that Smith, and Harbaugh for that matter, don't already bring.

I'd rather get a young guy who has potential to be a legitimate starter in the league than Redman.

I can understand your point. Is there any guy in particular you would like to see us go after either in the draft or Free Agency?

My point is i think he would provide a comfortable veteran back up in case we lose Smith. I personally don't think Kap would really be ready to lead this team to the playoffs baring an Alex Smith injury. This is all just speculation thinking along the lines that we won't have a chance at Luck or L. Jones. I'm still not sold on Barkley yet either way so in that scenario i would like us to have another guy who could come in and limit the mistakes as Smith has done so far this year.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand your point. Is there any guy in particular you would like to see us go after either in the draft or Free Agency?

My point is i think he would provide a comfortable veteran back up in case we lose Smith. I personally don't think Kap would really be ready to lead this team to the playoffs baring an Alex Smith injury. This is all just speculation thinking along the lines that we won't have a chance at Luck or L. Jones. I'm still not sold on Barkley yet either way so in that scenario i would like us to have another guy who could come in and limit the mistakes as Smith has done so far this year.

There's always surprise cuts and moves made after the draft. Who would have thunk Garrard would have been cut before the regular season? Next year will be a normal off-season and I would wait to see how things shake out. We still have Tolzien and I think by next season we get a better idea about where Kap is. Josh Johnson would be interesting for the obvious reasons, Flynn is at least a guy with possible room to grow, Henne could be ok, Orton is decent if you just want a vet backup. IDK, at this point there's way too many variables for me to answer.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always surprise cuts and moves made after the draft. Who would have thunk Garrard would have been cut before the regular season? Next year will be a normal off-season and I would wait to see how things shake out. We still have Tolzien and I think by next season we get a better idea about where Kap is. Josh Johnson would be interesting for the obvious reasons, Flynn is at least a guy with possible room to grow, Henne could be ok, Orton is decent if you just want a vet backup. IDK, at this point there's way too many variables for me to answer.

I wouldn't mind having Orton. I think a team like the Dolphins or Redskins might go after him to pave the way for the QB's they draft. In that case he might be seeking out a larger contract, but i would give him a 2 year 6 mil. deal if he would take it. I like Tolzien as well, it makes me wonder if at any point in the season we may end up seeing him on the field.