• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crown Jewel

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cena officially out, replaced by Lashley.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all is such a fucking shit show. Jesus christ.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Hogan is going....and shawn michaels will trot his 90 year old ass out there too

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is no way gonna affect their stock in a negative way for the long term. This is all about the money, same thing with the "greatest royal rumble" PPV and the "Super Show-Down" show. All these things are for the money. It's not about storylines or championships. The money WWE is making from these shows won't make them think twice about doing more shows in SA even with all the horrid shit the government regime is suspected of being involved in. They are gonna be okay lol

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no way gonna affect their stock in a negative way for the long term. This is all about the money, same thing with the "greatest royal rumble" PPV and the "Super Show-Down" show. All these things are for the money. It's not about storylines or championships. The money WWE is making from these shows won't make them think twice about doing more shows in SA even with all the horrid shit the government regime is suspected of being involved in. They are gonna be okay lol
Once WWE took SA's money and signed a 10-year contract they pretty much signed away their souls on this one. They shouldn't signed for so long in the first place or made it 1-yr renewable/cancelable contracts that they could get out of if/when SA did something heinous.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was her I would take a hard pass

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ vs Joe for the WWE title is now a match we’re getting, that’s a damn great replacement for Bryan.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was her I would take a hard pass

Actually that is huge for WWE. Last Saudi Arabia show the Saudi’s didn’t want any females even in a video package, so the fact that we’re getting a female added to the announce team is pretty freaking great.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is huge for WWE. Last Saudi Arabia show the Saudi’s didn’t want any females even in a video package, so the fact that we’re getting a female added to the announce team is pretty freaking great.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the report from PWInsider;

Renee Young has been brought to Saudi Arabia to work on the broadcast team for the event. She would be the first woman brought over by the company to work a WWE event there. We are told that Young has been given special travel arrangements and accommodations while she is in the country and will not be traveling with the rest of the roster. Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported that Young would be working the event. It will be interesting to see if they have Young in front of the audience or if her appearing on the show means the announcers will be placed somewhere else in the venue.

Saudi Arabia is still allowing a woman to commentate on the event. It's not an ideal situation and not what WWE wants but still compared to April where SA wouldn't even allow a mention of a woman this is still a huge win.

Go back and read HHH's comments about women the last time they ran an event in SA, he said it was a slow process but they are committed to make SA change their policy on women and this is a big step in the right direction.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the report from PWInsider;

Renee Young has been brought to Saudi Arabia to work on the broadcast team for the event. She would be the first woman brought over by the company to work a WWE event there. We are told that Young has been given special travel arrangements and accommodations while she is in the country and will not be traveling with the rest of the roster. Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported that Young would be working the event. It will be interesting to see if they have Young in front of the audience or if her appearing on the show means the announcers will be placed somewhere else in the venue.

Saudi Arabia is still allowing a woman to commentate on the event. It's not an ideal situation and not what WWE wants but still compared to April where SA wouldn't even allow a mention of a woman this is still a huge win.

Go back and read HHH's comments about women the last time they ran an event in SA, he said it was a slow process but they are committed to make SA change their policy on women and this is a big step in the right direction.

True, but I don’t think this would have happened had recent events not occured. So even if it is a token gesture it is still a good step IMO.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet again, they treat the title match as a joke with a squash. What does Braun have to do to become a champ?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet again, they treat the title match as a joke with a squash. What does Braun have to do to become a champ?

It's the same situation with Samoa Joe today. Giving the title to someone cold is far worse than actually building to their first title win and making it mean something. And I don't agree with your assessment of a squash. Braun was attacked before the bell by Corbin and then it took twice as many F5's to put him down as it did the last time he and Lesnar had a match, the match was quick but Braun was protected.

WWE clearly wants Braun to be champion but giving it away cold with no build on a show a lot of people are boycotting is about the worst way to do it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you guys feel but I thought that was an absolute embarrassment of an event. Nothing was good about any of the matches to me

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you guys feel but I thought that was an absolute embarrassment of an event. Nothing was good about any of the matches to me

So.......the Saudi government got the show they deserved?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saudis wanted this PPV to continue

They had no say, thank lord, on how it was to be shown!!!

I also got a feeling of Shane vs Miz at WM