• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Credit Where Credit Is Due

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq lost to Jordan except in 95', otherwise he lost just like everyone else while Kobe was in HS

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a bit of similarity with Jordan, Shaq and Lebron. If I recall, Jordan kept losing before Pippen. Shaq kept losing before Kobe. Lebron lost until Wade. Kobe lost on his own until Gasol. These Batmen won until they got their Robins.
1 small detail that you are missing. Lebron and Shaq both got to the Finals without their batmans. Just getting to that point is not the same as losing in the earlier rounds like the others did.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 small detail that you are missing. Lebron and Shaq both got to the Finals without their batmans. Just getting to that point is not the same as losing in the earlier rounds like the others did.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! No logic here please!!!

Everyone mentions that MJ is perfect in the finals, but LBJ was getting farther earlier and he gets condemned for that LMAO

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was the Finals MVP for all of those Lakers 2000-2002 title teams. Not sure how anyone can argue that Kobe was the better player at the time. I still remember pre-Phil Jackson when the Lakers had Eddie Jones, Kobe, Nick Van Exel and Shaq. Yet at times it was everyone at the watch Shaq show and did absolutely nothing to help him.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leader? You mean the team captain?

"Drawing double teams and leaving Kobe open?" Really? YOu mean the other coach's strategy was to have Kobe's man leave Kobe wide open and go double Shaq? Are you sure the strategy was to have Kobe's man and not another player?

In fact, I'm going to have to call Bullshit on you Shane. I watched every game back then, and the strategy was to Foul Shaq, and not double team. Hence the term, Hack-a-shaq.

In fact, Shaq was a liability in the 4th qtr in close games, so Kobe was the go to guy. Shaq was often on the bench in close games.

History will also show that Shaq was SWEPT 5 out of 6 years before Kobe was named starter and blossomed into a Superstar.

However, Shaq did great against the WEAK east in the finals. However back then, the real finals was the Western Conference Finals since those teams, Portland, S.A, Sacramento, were way tougher than Nj. Phila, and Indiana...

History will show Kobe was the go-to guy in those series, and the leading scorer. Hence the real MVP...
Ahhhh....this same old bullshit lie again by the BSman.

Kobe was starting and was swept by the Spurs in the 1999 postseason.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/1999_games.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh....this same old bullshit lie again by the BSman.

Kobe was starting and was swept by the Spurs in the 1999 postseason.

1998-99 San Antonio Spurs Schedule and Results | Basketball-Reference.com

I said, before Kobe became a Superstar and starter...Which is true. His first year starting he was 20 years old, and not a superstar yet. He didn't come into the league on steroids like Lebron. It took Kobe a couple years to mature physically.

The fact remains, Shaq got SWEPT 5 out of 6 years. Once Kobe became a star the laker then win 3 titles....

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Miami Heat. Was there any doubt the Heat were going to win it all with Westbrook, Deng, Rose and Granger all injured this year?

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! No logic here please!!!

Everyone mentions that MJ is perfect in the finals, but LBJ was getting farther earlier and he gets condemned for that LMAO

Lebron got to the finals 1 year when the East was awful...If lebron's team was in the West that year they don't even win a single round....

Mj got stopped by great teams in the East when he was playing...Boston was loaded with Bird, Parrish, Mchale, Dennis johnson and Ainge. And Detroit was winning championships with Isiah, Dumars, Lambeer, rodman, Salley....

Are you saying Lebron would've beat great teams to make the finals when they couldn't won 1 game off the spurs

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was the Finals MVP for all of those Lakers 2000-2002 title teams. Not sure how anyone can argue that Kobe was the better player at the time. I still remember pre-Phil Jackson when the Lakers had Eddie Jones, Kobe, Nick Van Exel and Shaq. Yet at times it was everyone at the watch Shaq show and did absolutely nothing to help him.
Only Kobe lovers like to gloss over how dominant Shaq was. That and how Kobe missed the playoffs after Shaq left. Most people that actually watched the games know the truth. How in the hell can a person that demanded a double and sometimes triple team become a sidenote in the 3 peat? it defies all logic.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Kobe lovers like to gloss over how dominant Shaq was. That and how Kobe missed the playoffs after Shaq left. Most people that actually watched the games know the truth. How in the hell can a person that demanded a double and sometimes triple team become a sidenote in the 3 peat? it defies all logic.

I wonder if the people that say this stuff, actually watched the games? Or if they're just going off the fact that Shaq won the finals Mvp's?

All a person has to do is go look at the box scores and you'll see that Kobe was often the #1 guy on the team. In 2001 for example, Lakers toughest opponents in the playoffs were in the West against the Spurs and Kings. Kobe was clearly number 1 player for the Lakers.

Against S.A Kobe averaged 34 pts in the series.

Against Sacramento Kobe averaged 35 pts in the series...

Then in the finals when they played a weak Eastern Conference team, which had no defense to guard Shaq, Shaq outscored Kobe and won finals mvp....Kobe if he wanted to, could've tried to steal the glory and be mvp, but he let Shaq do his thing since there was no competition.

So how can anyone who knows anything about basketball say a guy who averaged 34 pts and 35 pts in consecutive series was being carried. It's just silly.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the people that say this stuff, actually watched the games? Or if they're just going off the fact that Shaq won the finals Mvp's?

All a person has to do is go look at the box scores and you'll see that Kobe was often the #1 guy on the team. In 2001 for example, Lakers toughest opponents in the playoffs were in the West against the Spurs and Kings. Kobe was clearly number 1 player for the Lakers.

Then in the finals when they played a weak Eastern Conference team, which had no defense to guard Shaq, Shaq outscored Kobe and won finals mvp....Kobe if he wanted to, could've tried to steal the glory and be mvp, but he let Shaq do his thing since there was no competition.

So how can anyone who knows anything about basketball say a guy who averaged 34 pts and 35 pts in consecutive series was being carried. It's just silly.
See this is exactly what I mean. Box scores? :lol::laugh3: No dummy. Watch the games. They you will that see any decent SG or SF would have had similar numbers playing with Shaq. I could avg 40 if the defense was focused on Shaq. Thats why Shaq got all the MVP's. Can you explain that?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Sman. In the experts final analysis Kobe will go down as a more fortunate and healthier TMac.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Miami Heat. Was there any doubt the Heat were going to win it all with Westbrook, Deng, Rose and Granger all injured this year?

Let's see how quickly I can rip this argument to shreds......yawn

1. Westbrook - The Heat beat the Thunder in last years Finals with a completely health Durant, Westbrook and Harden. You guys don't mention that Wade needed surgery after last season's playoffs. But I guess we'll just overlook that then now won't we.

Also, Miami has been owning OKC as the Heat currently have a 6-game winning streak going back to the Finals against the Thunder. Had OKC made it to the Finals you think they have a chance against the same Miami Heat team without Harden? If so, then I can't help you...

2. Deng and Rose - I'll give you this, the Bulls fought valiantly this year. But the Heat actually beat the Bulls in the 2011 ECF with a perfectly healthy Rose and Deng. Wade was definitely hampered with knee injuries. I just can't see how Chicago would've won this series. Besides, Rose is a bitch. Shumpert tore his knee the very same week that Rose did and this guy was playing in January. Fck Derrick Rose.

3. Granger - The Heat beat the Pacers last season in the semifinals without Bosh and a hampered Wade. You can make the argument that w/out Granger the Pacers are a better team. Paul George is a really really good talent and Granger's injury allowed Paul George to blossom. I would be all for Granger taking over the reins so that Paul George's talent is pulled back.

So please tell me more about these players that were injured and that the Heat didn't have a chance. It's sports, injuries happen. Deal with it. If anything we could dissect the Lakers last title had Perkins not tore his ACL in game 6. The Lakers also got to take on the Magic in 2009 when Boston went through the playoffs without KG. You guys still haven't beaten that Celtics starting unit (Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, and Perkins) yet. :laugh3:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how quickly I can rip this argument to shreds......yawn

1. Westbrook - The Heat beat the Thunder in last years Finals with a completely health Durant, Westbrook and Harden. You guys don't mention that Wade needed surgery after last season's playoffs. But I guess we'll just overlook that then now won't we.

Also, Miami has been owning OKC as the Heat currently have a 6-game winning streak going back to the Finals against the Thunder. Had OKC made it to the Finals you think they have a chance against the same Miami Heat team without Harden? If so, then I can't help you...

2. Deng and Rose - I'll give you this, the Bulls fought valiantly this year. But the Heat actually beat the Bulls in the 2011 ECF with a perfectly healthy Rose and Deng. Wade was definitely hampered with knee injuries. I just can't see how Chicago would've won this series. Besides, Rose is a bitch. Shumpert tore his knee the very same week that Rose did and this guy was playing in January. Fck Derrick Rose.

3. Granger - The Heat beat the Pacers last season in the semifinals without Bosh and a hampered Wade. You can make the argument that w/out Granger the Pacers are a better team. Paul George is a really really good talent and Granger's injury allowed Paul George to blossom. I would be all for Granger taking over the reins so that Paul George's talent is pulled back.

So please tell me more about these players that were injured and that the Heat didn't have a chance. It's sports, injuries happen. Deal with it. If anything we could dissect the Lakers last title had Perkins not tore his ACL in game 6. The Lakers also got to take on the Magic in 2009 when Boston went through the playoffs without KG. You guys still haven't beaten that Celtics starting unit (Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, and Perkins) yet. :laugh3:

So you're saying Indiana is a better team without it's best player Granger? LOL...Never heard that one before...Logic says if Indiana goes 7 with the Heat without it's best player, they probably win with their best player....

....Also, the bulls with Deng, Hinrich, and Rose give the Heat a much better series. Perhaps take them 7 which would've wiped them out for the next series Indiana..

Clearly the Heat got lucky this year with all the key injuries to other teams. In fact it was PURE LUCK they beat S.A. A pure fluke they won game 6....

Everyone knows this.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the Heat got lucky this year with all the key injuries to other teams. In fact it was PURE LUCK they beat S.A. A pure fluke they won game 6....

Everyone knows this.

First I heard of it. I thought Ray Allens shot was the result of years of practice combined with some bad plays by the Spurs and Lebrons 3 to make it all possible.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying Indiana is a better team without it's best player Granger? LOL...Never heard that one before...Logic says if Indiana goes 7 with the Heat without it's best player, they probably win with their best player....

....Also, the bulls with Deng, Hinrich, and Rose give the Heat a much better series. Perhaps take them 7 which would've wiped them out for the next series Indiana..

Everyone knows this.

If you honestly think that Granger is better than Paul George then you need to have your head examined. The Pacers fell into finding that Paul George is a super star talent after Granger got injured. Granger was mediocre against the Heat in last year's playoffs and George was definitely the 2nd best player overall in that series.

You can throw out that the Bulls with those players would've taken that series to 7 with the Heat all you want. You have no statistical proof to back your claims. Once again, Jimmy Butler shined for the Bulls and don't be surprised if at some point the Bulls pass on Deng when it's time to renew his contract and go with a younger more athletic Butler. The Bulls had a better lineup against the Heat 2 years ago when they were trying to figure everything out in its first year and with little to no bench. The Bulls also had homecourt and that series went 5. Not seeing how that could've gone any different.

Whether you want to say the Heat winning was a fluke, it doesn't matter. The Heat are still the champs, and you're still bitching. Suck it bitch!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to take Sman seriously. He lies so much about stupid stuff to the point its a waste of time even responding.
That's why people on here should never think all the stats that he posts are fact, because they're not. Just try's to make Kobe look better than he really is. It's done out of sheer jealousy of LeBron.

"please love my Kobe"

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See.....further proof Kobe lovers talk about what happened leading up to the Finals because Kobe was bad more often than he was good in the Finals.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you honestly think that Granger is better than Paul George then you need to have your head examined. The Pacers fell into finding that Paul George is a super star talent after Granger got injured. Granger was mediocre against the Heat in last year's playoffs and George was definitely the 2nd best player overall in that series.

You can throw out that the Bulls with those players would've taken that series to 7 with the Heat all you want. You have no statistical proof to back your claims. Once again, Jimmy Butler shined for the Bulls and don't be surprised if at some point the Bulls pass on Deng when it's time to renew his contract and go with a younger more athletic Butler. The Bulls had a better lineup against the Heat 2 years ago when they were trying to figure everything out in its first year and with little to no bench. The Bulls also had homecourt and that series went 5. Not seeing how that could've gone any different.

Whether you want to say the Heat winning was a fluke, it doesn't matter. The Heat are still the champs, and you're still bitching. Suck it bitch!

Are you really this stupid or just pretending to be?

It doesn't matter who's better, George or Granger. Having them both in the lineup playing major minutes would've been the end of Miami, dummy.