• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Credit Where Credit Is Due

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart basketball play is to let Lebron take open 3s....rather than give Allen, Battier, and Miller open 3s.

Lebron just hit the shots. The strategy was flawless, but Lebron sometimes is just too good.

But, the Lebron 3s don't hurt you with big runs.

Dunks and transition buckets cause the chaotic knockout blows.
Lebron dribbling and shooting 3's takes time and never leads to runs.

By keeping Miami a jumpshooting team, the SPURS avoided the early knockout and were in position to win it late.

Everyone was worried about the Spurs mental health.
Pop did it perfect. He played a strategy that insured the game would be close and lacking big runs.

Had they played tight.
It could have been foul trouble and dunks.

POP knew this. The whole world expected it.
I think the game would have been over by the middle of the 2nd quarter if they played it differently.

Pop did the right thing.
The gameplan worked for the most part.

The SPurs had multiple chances to either tie or take the lead in the last 2 minutes.
If they had tried to man up Lebron, it would have been dunk city and another 33-5 type of run.

10000000 times out of 10000000 you let Lebron take more 3s then freethrows+dunks combined.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart basketball play is to let Lebron take open 3s....rather than give Allen, Battier, and Miller open 3s.

Lebron just hit the shots. The strategy was flawless, but Lebron sometimes is just too good.

But, the Lebron 3s don't hurt you with big runs.

Dunks and transition buckets cause the chaotic knockout blows.
Lebron dribbling and shooting 3's takes time and never leads to runs.

By keeping Miami a jumpshooting team, the SPURS avoided the early knockout and were in position to win it late.

Everyone was worried about the Spurs mental health.
Pop did it perfect. He played a strategy that insured the game would be close and lacking big runs.

Had they played tight.
It could have been foul trouble and dunks.

POP knew this. The whole world expected it.
I think the game would have been over by the middle of the 2nd quarter if they played it differently.

Pop did the right thing.
The gameplan worked for the most part.

The SPurs had multiple chances to either tie or take the lead in the last 2 minutes.
If they had tried to man up Lebron, it would have been dunk city and another 33-5 type of run.

10000000 times out of 10000000 you let Lebron take more 3s then freethrows+dunks combined.

Well have to disagree with you Horns, that leaving Lebron open for 3's is a good strategy. leaving any decent nba shooter wide open for a 3 pter is asking for trouble. And it backfired...

But you have your opinion and I respect that.

However, what about the other moves? Taking Duncan out twice at the end of the game? Obvioulsy that backfired and cost the Spurs game 6 and the championship.

As well as taking Parker out 2 times in the last 20 seconds of game 6 and 7...Those moves backfired as well, as it made Ginobli the playmaker, who just tossed the game away..

Horrible coaching by Pop? Agree or disagree Horns..

And to that moron, Montsho11, it seems like all the sports radio hosts across the nation agree with me as Pop is getting raked over the coals for his Over coaching moves....As much as I like Phil Jackson, he used to do the same type of stuff. But that's another story...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMAN you are reaching for any reason to not credit the HEAT

Pop removed Duncan because he needed guys to defend the 3 point line.

That was 100% the smart move both times.

He got the horrible misses.
It worked both times exactly as Popovich drew it up.

It is not coaching if the misses were so god awful bad that the offensive rebounds were crazy lucky caroms to the Heat guys.

With Duncan in the game, the HEAT would have far better first looks.

By taking Duncan out, the Spurs forced the bad 3 point shots they wanted.
Miami had a tiny lineup. You didn't need Duncan for rebounding.
ORBS are sometimes just lucky bounces.

Who the heck coaches this way:

1. I 'll put my weaker 3 point defensive unit on the floor.
2. That way I can have the rebounds if they miss.

That is pure 100% stupidity.

Pop did the right thing.

he put the best possible defensive lineup to force missed 3 pointers.

Weird offensive rebound caroms are not his responsibility to coach.
You cannot judge a coaches move because Lebron's first shot was so bad that it caromed into a weird offensive rebound.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Shane, telling me what I can and can't say. LOL.."keep it yourself, no one wants to hear it..."

Looks like Shane has been brainwashed by Espn/nike. Only positive things can be said about Lebron...LOL..

Here's some positive things about Lebron:

2007 Nba finals shot 35 pct in getting swept. Never happened to Mj or Kobe...

2011 nba finals, set Nba record for biggest dropoff in the finals compared to the regular season going from 27 pts to 16 pts per game..

2012 finals, got outplayed by Durant

2013 finals shot 10 pct under his season shooting average..

In 22 finals games, Lebron has shot above 50 pct in 4 games.....

Lebron career fg pct in nba finals is 42 pct.....

Lebron career avg in finals is 21 pts...

Lebron really Choked away the season this year again, shooting 2 airballs in the last minute of game 6 and 2 turnovers....Was SAVED by Ray Allen and Bosh who rebounded his Choke shots...

That's enough for now, Shane. I'll provide more interesting stats, later.

Peace, Shane...And cool it with wishing people dead because they're not in love with the same tall black man that you are.

That's ok, you can shut it. Lebron at his age has accomplished more than MJ and Kobe. Only difference is Kobe has one more title bc Shaq carried the team.

Give it up man and this point he has a higher IQ than anyone in the league, great defensive already, can score at will, has established a jump shot (can still get much better), can post up, and he has 2 straight Finals and regular season MVP's and titles.

Don't be butthurt bc you were WRONG and Lebron already is a legendary player and could be the best. It just needs time to sink into that pea brain you got. :yahoo:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to that moron, Montsho11, it seems like all the sports radio hosts across the nation agree with me as Pop is getting raked over the coals for his Over coaching moves....As much as I like Phil Jackson, he used to do the same type of stuff. But that's another story...

:wtf2:Are you kidding me or are you serious? You freely admit you get your validation from a sports radio host? Youre dumber than I thought. Have you ever played the game? Probably not hence your penchant for making dumb statements. Pop did the best he could do. Lebron was just better.

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a totally different Lebron than 2 yrs ago against the Mavs. The official disappearing act in the 4th in the Finals is now closed.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a totally different Lebron than 2 yrs ago against the Mavs. The official disappearing act in the 4th in the Finals is now closed.

Lebron game 1, 18 pts

Game 2 17 pts,

Game 3 15 pts....

Game 4,,,32 pts, but 9 pts in garbage time..

Game 5, 25 pts

Game 6 lebron was 2-13 going into the 4th qtr with 12 pts..

It was almost the identical Lebron from the Dallas series. Plus lebron shot 2 airballs and 2 turnovers in the last 2 minutes..Ray allen bails him out..

Otherwise Lebron is a failure yet again..

So who got "carried" again? Lebron..

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMAN you are reaching for any reason to not credit the HEAT

Pop removed Duncan because he needed guys to defend the 3 point line.

That was 100% the smart move both times.

He got the horrible misses.
It worked both times exactly as Popovich drew it up.

It is not coaching if the misses were so god awful bad that the offensive rebounds were crazy lucky caroms to the Heat guys.

With Duncan in the game, the HEAT would have far better first looks.

By taking Duncan out, the Spurs forced the bad 3 point shots they wanted.
Miami had a tiny lineup. You didn't need Duncan for rebounding.
ORBS are sometimes just lucky bounces.

Who the heck coaches this way:

1. I 'll put my weaker 3 point defensive unit on the floor.
2. That way I can have the rebounds if they miss.

That is pure 100% stupidity.

Pop did the right thing.

he put the best possible defensive lineup to force missed 3 pointers.

Weird offensive rebound caroms are not his responsibility to coach.
You cannot judge a coaches move because Lebron's first shot was so bad that it caromed into a weird offensive rebound.
Ok, Horns, I understand. Pop is a god to you and you won't criticize him despite how horrible his moves are. Everyone else says Pop blew the series with is awful moves, and over coaching. But pop is god to you. So nevermind.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ok, you can shut it. Lebron at his age has accomplished more than MJ and Kobe. Only difference is Kobe has one more title bc Shaq carried the team.

Give it up man and this point he has a higher IQ than anyone in the league, great defensive already, can score at will, has established a jump shot (can still get much better), can post up, and he has 2 straight Finals and regular season MVP's and titles.

Don't be butthurt bc you were WRONG and Lebron already is a legendary player and could be the best. It just needs time to sink into that pea brain you got. :yahoo:

What year did Shaq "carry" the team?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first yr they won, but he was always the best player and the leader for the 3 ships.

He is higher on mine and most everybodys top-10 list then Kobe for a reason.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first yr they won, but he was always the best player and the leader for the 3 ships.

He is higher on mine and most everybodys top-10 list then Kobe for a reason.

Statistics show Kobe was the leading scorer in two of the 3 years in the Western conference playoffs which were the real finals.

Like when Kobe avgd 34 beating the spurs, and 35 beating the Kings....

And you say Shaq carried Kobe the first year they won? Well how come when Kobe sprained his ankle and missed game 3 of the finals the Lakers lost?

How come when Shaq fouled out in game 4, Kobe scored 8 pts in overtime to give the Lakers the win.

Uh, uh, uh, exactly.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron game 1, 18 pts

Game 2 17 pts,

Game 3 15 pts....

Game 4,,,32 pts, but 9 pts in garbage time..

Game 5, 25 pts

Game 6 lebron was 2-13 going into the 4th qtr with 12 pts..

It was almost the identical Lebron from the Dallas series. Plus lebron shot 2 airballs and 2 turnovers in the last 2 minutes..Ray allen bails him out..

Otherwise Lebron is a failure yet again..

So who got "carried" again? Lebron..

Not a shocker you can not even be consistent with your stats for one post. Also the ststment you quoted was specifically for the 4th qusrter which is what you left out of game 6 snd most likely whst quarter garbsge time was in. I respect your gimmick abilities but this one was poorly thought out and horrificaly executed.

The years where kobe got his 1st 3 rings

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop is originally from my area and having met the guy, I was ready to hand him the title of Greatest Basketball Coach of All-Time. However, I can honestly say his decisions in Game 6 were questionable to say the least. It was "overcoaching" on his part. Similar with Pacers coach Vogel with Hibbert, Pops needed to stick with the guys that got him there and used Duncan to secure that defensive rebound. Then on the final possession in overtime, he fails to call timeout a leaves the ball in Ginobili's hands??? The guy had 8 turnovers at the time...

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a shocker you can not even be consistent with your stats for one post. Also the ststment you quoted was specifically for the 4th qusrter which is what you left out of game 6 snd most likely whst quarter garbsge time was in. I respect your gimmick abilities but this one was poorly thought out and horrificaly executed.

The years where kobe got his 1st 3 rings

And yet the Stats show Kobe as the leading scorer often. Please explain your definition of "carry".

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistics show Kobe was the leading scorer in two of the 3 years in the Western conference playoffs which were the real finals.

Like when Kobe avgd 34 beating the spurs, and 35 beating the Kings....

And you say Shaq carried Kobe the first year they won? Well how come when Kobe sprained his ankle and missed game 3 of the finals the Lakers lost?

How come when Shaq fouled out in game 4, Kobe scored 8 pts in overtime to give the Lakers the win.

Uh, uh, uh, exactly.

Can you read. Shaq dominated the first year. He was still the leader and strong point for all 3 ships though, drawibg double teams abd Kobe was open. It is a fact.

:lame: Your argument is stale.

Shaq dominated LA in their first year.

LOL@ 8 pts in OT and he dominated :laugh3:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read. Shaq dominated the first year. He was still the leader and strong point for all 3 ships though, drawibg double teams abd Kobe was open. It is a fact.

:lame: Your argument is stale.

Shaq dominated LA in their first year.

LOL@ 8 pts in OT and he dominated :laugh3:

The Leader? You mean the team captain?

"Drawing double teams and leaving Kobe open?" Really? YOu mean the other coach's strategy was to have Kobe's man leave Kobe wide open and go double Shaq? Are you sure the strategy was to have Kobe's man and not another player?

In fact, I'm going to have to call Bullshit on you Shane. I watched every game back then, and the strategy was to Foul Shaq, and not double team. Hence the term, Hack-a-shaq.

In fact, Shaq was a liability in the 4th qtr in close games, so Kobe was the go to guy. Shaq was often on the bench in close games.

History will also show that Shaq was SWEPT 5 out of 6 years before Kobe was named starter and blossomed into a Superstar.

However, Shaq did great against the WEAK east in the finals. However back then, the real finals was the Western Conference Finals since those teams, Portland, S.A, Sacramento, were way tougher than Nj. Phila, and Indiana...

History will show Kobe was the go-to guy in those series, and the leading scorer. Hence the real MVP...

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Drawing double teams and leaving Kobe open?" Really? YOu mean the other coach's strategy was to have Kobe's man leave Kobe wide open and go double Shaq? Are you sure the strategy was to have Kobe's man and not another player?

In fact, I'm going to have to call Bullshit on you Shane. I watched every game back then, and the strategy was to Foul Shaq, and not double team. Hence the term, Hack-a-shaq.

In fact, Shaq was a liability in the 4th qtr in close games, so Kobe was the go to guy. Shaq was often on the bench in close games.

History will also show that Shaq was SWEPT 5 out of 6 years before Kobe was named starter and blossomed into a Superstar.

However, Shaq did great against the WEAK east in the finals. However back then, the real finals was the Western Conference Finals since those teams, Portland, S.A, Sacramento, were way tougher than Nj. Phila, and Indiana...

History will show Kobe was the go-to guy in those series, and the leading scorer. Hence the real MVP...

Glad I shut Shaneman up. No response. Exactly.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a Laker fan, you seem to be twisting the facts. Shaq commanded so much attention including the hack-a-Shaq that he basically placed nearly every defender of the opposing team in foul trouble. It demoralized the opponent. It is much easier for other players to score. Kobe indeed contributed to the Lakers championships being the great player that he is, even at a young age. But this was Shaq in his prime and in his dominance. You have to admit that Lebron is pretty much doing the same thing.

Now I know you are deeply saddened about Lebron's success and yes I have read some of your posts giving him credit. Why don't you simply accept the fact that this is Lebron's era now? I won't be surprised if the only way Kobe can win more championships is if he is a role player next to Lebron. I know you can do it friend.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Laker fan, you seem to be twisting the facts. Shaq commanded so much attention including the hack-a-Shaq that he basically placed nearly every defender of the opposing team in foul trouble. It demoralized the opponent. It is much easier for other players to score. Kobe indeed contributed to the Lakers championships being the great player that he is, even at a young age. But this was Shaq in his prime and in his dominance. You have to admit that Lebron is pretty much doing the same thing.

Now I know you are deeply saddened about Lebron's success and yes I have read some of your posts giving him credit. Why don't you simply accept the fact that this is Lebron's era now? I won't be surprised if the only way Kobe can win more championships is if he is a role player next to Lebron. I know you can do it friend.

Wrong. Please explain why Shaq got SWEPT 5 times out of 6 years in the playoffs before Kobe became a star. Suddenly the Lakers win 3 in a row.

Please explain why Lebron never came close to winning a ring till stacked the deck with Bosh, Wade and Ray allen.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Please explain why Shaq got SWEPT 5 times out of 6 years in the playoffs before Kobe became a star. Suddenly the Lakers win 3 in a row.

Please explain why Lebron never came close to winning a ring till stacked the deck with Bosh, Wade and Ray allen.

There's a bit of similarity with Jordan, Shaq and Lebron. If I recall, Jordan kept losing before Pippen. Shaq kept losing before Kobe. Lebron lost until Wade. Kobe lost on his own until Gasol. These Batmen won until they got their Robins.