• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Stat

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Witherspoon pick simply because I believe with a top of the draft pick you draft BPA and a guy that can be an immediate impact player, regardless of positional need. To me, he was the most impactful player on the board. Carter could turn out to be special but his red flags popped out and might not have been a good fit. As for the other interior Dline, there were some okay guys in this draft but nothing special and certainly nothing worth the value of a #5 pick as was evident by other teams not going after guys until later. We will have to see how much improvement there is on the defense before we can really judge it. It's really almost a complete change over on the front from last year and the LB play should be vastly improved. Mainly just by gap discipline and Bobby Wagz presence.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'4" 203 lbs doesn't seem that skinny to me.

It's a little low for the height. Ja'Marr Chase is 201 but also 6'0". Randy Moss was 6'4" and 210lbs so Landers could stand to add maybe 5 pounds. And then you have DK who is like 235 lbs lol.

Moss was also not really that physical of a WR, he just torched everyone with speed. It's not super skinny, but it's still a bit under average inches to pound ratio. Even Woolen is 210 lbs... I'd say if Landers could put on 10 lbs of muscle and not sacrifice speed it'd be in his interest.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Witherspoon pick simply because I believe with a top of the draft pick you draft BPA and a guy that can be an immediate impact player, regardless of positional need. To me, he was the most impactful player on the board. Carter could turn out to be special but his red flags popped out and might not have been a good fit. As for the other interior Dline, there were some okay guys in this draft but nothing special and certainly nothing worth the value of a #5 pick as was evident by other teams not going after guys until later. We will have to see how much improvement there is on the defense before we can really judge it. It's really almost a complete change over on the front from last year and the LB play should be vastly improved. Mainly just by gap discipline and Bobby Wagz presence.

I'm still pretty cold towards the pick, but I get it...

If there was a trade down option there and Seattle didn't take it that annoys me, but it's possible there wasn't. That all said, Pete LOVES Witherspoon so even if there was a trade down option it might've been the pick all along.

That said, given that Witherspoon was the BPA and we've morphed into a passing league, I get it. Witherspoon also plays the run exceptionally for a corner (which is weird to say, but he does) which does help. With Bryant on dime packages and Witherspoon teams will be hard pressed (no pun intended) to pass or run. It was amusing last year, because when Bryant was on the field (pretty good tackler and plays the ball) teams passed, and when we subbed in Barton and took Bryant off, they ran lol.

My only concern with Witherspoon is going up against NFL size (vs. College size), will he have durability issues? He's a ball hawk/instinctual player and tremendous hitter, but NFL size and aggressiveness from your opponent is just a different animal.

I'm just happy we didn't end up with Richardson. I STILL don't get that... not even CLOSE to Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson's athletic ability/size/accuracy yet people are just hung up on him being the best thing ever. Guess I'll happily eat crow if he works out for the Colts but I'm not counting on it. Feels like Tim Tebow 2.0.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy we didn't end up with Richardson. I STILL don't get that... not even CLOSE to Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson's athletic ability/size/accuracy yet people are just hung up on him being the best thing ever. Guess I'll happily eat crow if he works out for the Colts but I'm not counting on it. Feels like Tim Tebow 2.0.
I think Jake locker is a much better comparison:
Big arm
Crazy athleticism
Terrible accuracy, though to be fair to locker he was more accurate

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pretty cold towards the pick, but I get it...

If there was a trade down option there and Seattle didn't take it that annoys me, but it's possible there wasn't. That all said, Pete LOVES Witherspoon so even if there was a trade down option it might've been the pick all along.

That said, given that Witherspoon was the BPA and we've morphed into a passing league, I get it. Witherspoon also plays the run exceptionally for a corner (which is weird to say, but he does) which does help. With Bryant on dime packages and Witherspoon teams will be hard pressed (no pun intended) to pass or run. It was amusing last year, because when Bryant was on the field (pretty good tackler and plays the ball) teams passed, and when we subbed in Barton and took Bryant off, they ran lol.

My only concern with Witherspoon is going up against NFL size (vs. College size), will he have durability issues? He's a ball hawk/instinctual player and tremendous hitter, but NFL size and aggressiveness from your opponent is just a different animal.

I'm totally with you on Richardson. He may prove everybody wrong and if he does, great but he is a major project that will not be given the time to develop in Indy and I think that will spell bust. I'm just glad Indy took him ahead of us. Lots of different comps out there on him and all pretty much the same. Super athletic, no ability to read defenses and horribly inconsistent accuracy. I don't think he's Tebow level bad but he is going to struggle, imo.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little low for the height. Ja'Marr Chase is 201 but also 6'0". Randy Moss was 6'4" and 210lbs so Landers could stand to add maybe 5 pounds. And then you have DK who is like 235 lbs lol.

Moss was also not really that physical of a WR, he just torched everyone with speed. It's not super skinny, but it's still a bit under average inches to pound ratio. Even Woolen is 210 lbs... I'd say if Landers could put on 10 lbs of muscle and not sacrifice speed it'd be in his interest.
Here are a few current DB's that are under 6' who were pretty good during their prime...
  • Tre Davious White
  • Chris Harris Jr
  • Casey Hayward

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few current DB's that are under 6' who were pretty good during their prime...
  • Tre Davious White
  • Chris Harris Jr
  • Casey Hayward

Did you mean to reply to my post? I was talking about wide receivers and the discussion is about Landers (6'4") and his weight, but you posted about DBs? Not sure I follow why you brought that up - hence asking if you misquoted.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean to reply to my post? I was talking about wide receivers and the discussion is about Landers (6'4") and his weight, but you posted about DBs? Not sure I follow why you brought that up - hence asking if you misquoted.
I'm getting old... Give me a break... ;)

I read post #21 and then read yours #22 and "ASS"umed you responded to #21...

Rooster Teeth Reaction GIF by Achievement Hunter

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting old... Give me a break... ;)

I read post #21 and then read yours #22 and "ASS"umed you responded to #21...

Rooster Teeth Reaction GIF by Achievement Hunter

Oh no worries dude... it's fine, I was just confused is all. I didn't mean anything by my post or mean to cause offense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no worries dude... it's fine, I was just confused is all. I didn't mean anything by my post or mean to cause offense.
Don't worry Shark, I don't think any of us get offended ever. It's all friendly banter. Besides, your a shark riding a fucking bicycle, dude. It's hard to take anything too seriously when we are laughing our asses off, buddy. :suds: