• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

crazy recruiting scandal breaking right now: USC, Texas & Wake among schools listed

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC - Hundreds of athletes taking fake classes to stay eligible for almost a decade= no cable or internet for a week

USC - some rich lady trying to get her kids in = Death!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shock! Money and other things used to get around college entrants requirement! :doh:

I had many ex students that attended "prestigous" schools tell about how they despised students that were admitted to the university they were attending via legacy/money/influence. Not only did they get in under "influence", they were also kept from flunking out due to "influence". They claim many were dumber than rocks! They'd even say things like "Sir...some of them are dumber than _______ ________(fill in the blank with the name of one of their high school classmates we both knew weren't the sharpest tools in the shed.)

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollywood. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I am going to BUY my child into the college I choose for them.

"By GOD I am entitled to buy whatever I want."

Unless there is evidence against any school besides Yale, Stanford, and Georgetown, this is a non football event.

Felicity Huffman was a child of privilege, she probably thinks this is the norm. At least she didn't invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in the fraud.

From the article

"Singer would accommodate what parents wanted to do," Lelling said, adding that it "appears that the schools are not involved."

Schools not involved, just corrupt humans with money.

I will add, I do admire the parents for trying to make their children successful, too bad they did it by a bad example.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have just “donated” the $100k+ to the university and buy their kids into schools the legal way.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes money is just the thing you need to get in.

giphy.gif

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day, another case of the University of Southern Cal making a complete mockery of higher education . . .

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin going down.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These college basketball tapes have the NCAA so pissed, they are going to go medieval on crew coaches from Yale to Stanford

I appreciate and enjoy the tongue-in-cheek remark from a UK fan.

And no doubt..."Cleveland State just got another 2 years probation for their basketball team._

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollywood. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I am going to BUY my child into the college I choose for them.

"By GOD I am entitled to buy whatever I want."

Unless there is evidence against any school besides Yale, Stanford, and Georgetown, this is a non football event.

Felicity Huffman was a child of privilege, she probably thinks this is the norm. At least she didn't invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in the fraud.

From the article

"Singer would accommodate what parents wanted to do," Lelling said, adding that it "appears that the schools are not involved."

Schools not involved, just corrupt humans with money.

I will add, I do admire the parents for trying to make their children successful, too bad they did it by a bad example.

Yeah, I have a hard time getting too upset with the parents. End of the day, they're trying to take care of their kids.

I am honestly not sure what I'd do if any of my kids wanted to go to a certain school, but came up short of the minimum score for that school on the ACT or SAT and someone came to me and said "Hey, for $15,000 I can guarantee they'll get the score they need."

I like to think that I would end up doing the right thing. But I know I'd give it a lot of thought and it would be hard to not write that check.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have a hard time getting too upset with the parents. End of the day, they're trying to take care of their kids.

I am honestly not sure what I'd do if any of my kids wanted to go to a certain school, but came up short of the minimum score for that school on the ACT or SAT and someone came to me and said "Hey, for $15,000 I can guarantee they'll get the score they need."

I like to think that I would end up doing the right thing. But I know I'd give it a lot of thought and it would be hard to not write that check.
I would do it not even a question. There are many different reasons people get an advantage with college entrance if I can help I will

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly 1 of the top stories of the past couple days. Will be interesting to see what happens here.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While kids have their "preferred" school, there are plenty of undergraduate programs that would still provide a stellar education and the "college experience".

Compromising principles is not the example I would want to set...

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked a little about this on The Dan Patrick Show. Seems to be more about college entrance exams than actual recruiting.
You’re right but one of the work Around was scholarship athletes who get preferential treatment during admissions. Coaches on teams like golf, tennis and lower profile sports were taking brides to take walk on’s.

No one is stupid enough to waste a scholarship in a major sport but this is serious shit.