• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree to miss entire Preseason?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree expected to miss entire preseason
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 9, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams AP

The 49ers signed Braylon Edwards last week in large part because they have no idea what they are going to get from Michael Crabtree.

The third-year receiver has been walking around training camp with a boot on his injured foot. Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com writes that the coaching staff thinks Crabtree may be “ready” late in the exhibition season, but the staff is likely to hold him out into the regular season.

In the same article, Maiocco points out that Ted Ginn has probably been the most impressive receiver in 49ers camp. On the downside: Ted Ginn has been the most receiver in 49ers camp.

Crabtree expected to miss entire preseason | ProFootballTalk

-I found that last paragraph to be pretty amusing...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on roto that he might be back for end of pre-season.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on roto that he might be back for end of pre-season.

I hope that's the case. He needs some real in-game work in this new offense before the regular season begins.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised... whether the injury is "real" or not to force him out of preseason, i figured he wasn't going to get much touch/action in the preseason.

At the same time, even if the injury isn't bad, I would stay with the precaution side just because this offseason is very short vs others plus the actual football season bearing its head in a month so why take the chances. Let him recover and such.

It would be Edwards, Davis, Ginn & Walker who would see the ball more until Crabs is ready.

Then again, as bad as Crabtree acts as a character, he does play football and learns real quick. Kind of annoying yet admirable.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have seen profootballtalk.com’s report this morning that wide receiver Michael Crabtree is expected to miss the entire exhibition season. That’s old news, folks. The Sacramento Bee broke the story nearly two weeks ago that Crabtree’s injured left foot will sideline him four to six weeks and force him out of his third exhibtion season in as many campaigns with the 49ers. Crabtree, responding to a fan inquiry Saturday, said his foot is getting better every day and he is “on my way.” Crabtree re-injured his foot on June 6, the first day of player-organized workouts at San Jose State, and it is the same foot he had surgery on before the 2009 draft. He was all smiles after Monday’s practice as he limped over to signing autographs for fans. Crabtree is on the physicall-unable-to-perform list.

Checking in before 49ers a.m. practice | 49ers Hot Read

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am very interested in just how Harbaugh will resolve this, come 9/11.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily referring to Crabtree but has Harbaugh spoke ill of anyone thus far?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not necessarily referring to Crabtree but has Harbaugh spoke ill of anyone thus far?

Just the fans ;)

Thus far all the comments I have heard and read are have been diplomatic.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp? Crabtree don't need no training camp. We talking bout training camp.

But it would be nice to see him complete one for a change.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with the article's POV. Having Ted Ginn as our best receiver is scary. I guess Joshua Morgan is going to have another subpar year. I've just about given up on him. He's had plenty of time to fit into that number 2 role.