• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

crabs torn Achilles no!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel Kaep was going to spread it around more and defenses were going to focus more on Crabtree resulting in fewer than the 96 extrapolated catches (as targets could go down) but maybe more yards per catch.

Could this injury knock his contract leverage down enough for us to keep him? I doubt it, but maybe.

Crabs has had foot injuries from the get go, how much do we want to commit to him?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs has had foot injuries from the get go, how much do we want to commit to him?

Well I guess it is better that this happened now instead of happening after an extension with a $15-20M signing bonus.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree aftermath: Do you need great No. 1 WRs to win titles? There really is no recent correlation | Talking Points

good stuff from Tim Kawakami. in particular, i like the part where you need a top QB (yeah obvious to all), a pass rush, and stop the run.

the key is Kap and we have enough 'variation' to score against anyone. but for the play-offs, we need to stop other teams from scoring. well ok, it is more like SLOWiNG other teams from scoring, but IMO it comes down to defense.

we couldn't generate enough pass rush in the play-offs.

looked another way, what is more of a concern with Seattle, their offense or their defense? what about the Rams?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the 'bullet dodging' part of your post - We were hit pretty hard last year with injuries - As for 'Tree, we have time to recover, I think we'll be fine.

Okay just to clear things up, here's the health ranking from last year...

This chart lists the games lost by starters due to injury during the 2012 NFL season. It lists the team, the number of games lost (Games), players placed on injured reserve (IR), the number of 16-game starters (16g) plus the key injury and his games lost:

Team
Games
16g
IR
Key injury
games

1. San Francisco
WR Mario Manningham

2. Seattle
G James Carpenter

3. New Orleans
LB Jonathan Vilma

4. Chicago
G Chilo Rachal

5. Miami
CB Richard Marshall

6. Houston
LB Brian Cushing

7. Minnesota
WR Percy Harvin

8. St. Louis
C Scott Wells

9. New England
G Logan Mankins

10. Atlanta
CB Brent Grimes

11. NY Giants
S Kenny Phillips

12. San Diego
OT Jared Gaither

13. Baltimore
LB Ray Lewis

14. NY Jets
CB Darrelle Revis

15. Oakland
CB Shawntee Spencer

16. Tampa Bay
G Davin Joseph

17. Arizona
OT Levi Brown

18. Cleveland
LB Chris Gocong

19. Tennessee
C Eugene Amano

20. Denver
DT Ty Warren

21. Pittsburgh
S Troy Polamalu

22. Buffalo
WR David Nelson

23. Cincinnati
LB Thomas Howard

24. Kansas City
C Rodney Hudson

25. Philadelphia
OT Jason Peters

26. Carolina
CB Chris Gamble

27. Indianapolis
G Seth Olsen

28. Detroit
HB Jahvid Best

29. Jacksonville
G Will Rackley
30. Cowboys
S Barry Church

31. Washington
OT Jammal Brown

32. Green Bay
LB Desmond Bishop

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree aftermath: Do you need great No. 1 WRs to win titles? There really is no recent correlation | Talking Points

good stuff from Tim Kawakami. in particular, i like the part where you need a top QB (yeah obvious to all), a pass rush, and stop the run.

the key is Kap and we have enough 'variation' to score against anyone. but for the play-offs, we need to stop other teams from scoring. well ok, it is more like SLOWiNG other teams from scoring, but IMO it comes down to defense.

we couldn't generate enough pass rush in the play-offs.

looked another way, what is more of a concern with Seattle, their offense or their defense? what about the Rams?

I think VD's gonna come up big. Heck, he's as fast as any of our receivers, so why can't he be the speedy vertical complement to Boldin?

Yeah, our defense was allowing too many touchdowns instead of holding the other team to a field goal. Baltimore's first possession in the Super Bowl still haunts me. We could've held them to a FG if not for the offsides penalty. Red zone play is the key to winning nowadays since most every team seems to be able to move the ball pretty well down the field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think VD's gonna come up big. Heck, he's as fast as any of our receivers, so why can't he be the speedy vertical complement to Boldin?

Yeah, our defense was allowing too many touchdowns instead of holding the other team to a field goal. Baltimore's first possession in the Super Bowl still haunts me. We could've held them to a FG if not for the offsides penalty. Red zone play is the key to winning nowadays since most every team seems to be able to move the ball pretty well down the field.

agree on VD, and why shouldn't we use him more? but we do need a WR to compliment Boldin, the guy who runs routes vice sprint down field.

agree with red zone, cause all play-off teams have good offenses. so it comes down to your D slowing them down, slowing them down while your offense keeps going. apply more pressure to Flacco and it slows him down, same with Ryan or any good QB we'll face.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the 'bullet dodging' part of your post - We were hit pretty hard last year with injuries - As for 'Tree, we have time to recover, I think we'll be fine.

A lot of truth to that, at this point everything they plan to do will not include Crabtree. It'd really hurt if this was just before opening day and they planned to have Crabtree be a big contributor, then had to either scramble to fill his role or come up with a whole new plan of attack.

I believe that is where most teams run into problems when they lose a big name player during the season. If they can't successfully fill his role then when they try to regroup and come up with a new plan of attack... it is too late.

The way this does compare to the Suggs injury is that it happened so early that the Ravens had plenty of time to move forward and develop a successful defensive plan without Suggs. I'm 100% confident that Harbaugh and Roman can easily reshuffle the deck and come up with a successful plan of attack without Crabs.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of truth to that, at this point everything they plan to do will not include Crabtree. It'd really hurt if this was just before opening day and they planned to have Crabtree be a big contributor, then had to either scramble to fill his role or come up with a whole new plan of attack.

I believe that is where most teams run into problems when they lose a big name player during the season. If they can't successfully fill his role then when they try to regroup and come up with a new plan of attack... it is too late.

The way this does compare to the Suggs injury is that it happened so early that the Ravens had plenty of time to move forward and develop a successful defensive plan without Suggs. I'm 100% confident that Harbaugh and Roman can easily reshuffle the deck and come up with a successful plan of attack without Crabs.

Exactly! Timing has a lot to do with my seemingly 'ho-hum' attitude toward this event. I didn't want to lose Mikey but if we had to lose him 'now' was the time to lose him.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also need to get to the QB, as deep alluded to. A few of us here were clamoring for the need for an effective pass rush even before the PO's and especially during and after the PO run. The Niners lack of getting to the QB - as evidenced by Flacco out running our edge rushers, was what led Baalke to getting Tank and Lemonier in this past draft and grabbing Dorsey in FA. With Haralson perhaps coming back, the Niners can substitute their defensive lineman more, which is something they did a lot of in pretty much all of their SB winning teams.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Timing has a lot to do with my seemingly 'ho-hum' attitude toward this event. I didn't want to lose Mikey but if we had to lose him 'now' was the time to lose him.

Actually the last play of the Super Bowl would have been the time if it had to happen. Then we might have him back for the start of the regular season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also need to get to the QB, as deep alluded to. A few of us here were clamoring for the need for an effective pass rush even before the PO's and especially during and after the PO run. The Niners lack of getting to the QB - as evidenced by Flacco out running our edge rushers, was what led Baalke to getting Tank and Lemonier in this past draft and grabbing Dorsey in FA. With Haralson perhaps coming back, the Niners can substitute their defensive lineman more, which is something they did a lot of in pretty much all of their SB winning teams.

Indeed - Nice re-visit to the past Yosh.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really we have the dynamic Quitton Patton we drafted this year. Ricordo Lockette is also a hidden gem. Kyle Williams will finally explode this year and be the weapon (WR/RS) we envisioned him to be when he entered the league in 2010. Furthermore, Jim's brother failed to utlize Boldin properly, he is truly an elite player and will be back to his rookie form in our offense.

I guess you are trying to be funny? I notice you didn't mention AJ Jenkins in your dream above though.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate, true, but there is always a sense of satisfaction when it happens to an asshole like Crabtree.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. He seemed like he grew up a lot last year. And he really busted his ass.

Huh? I thought he busted his Achilles tendon? This story just keeps getting bigger and bigger. But, being in San Francisco and all, I can definitely see how his ass could get busted also.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I thought he busted his Achilles tendon? This story just keeps getting bigger and bigger. But, being in San Francisco and all, I can definitely see how his ass could get busted also.

LOL @ blade....

The irony ... calling someone an ass all the while being an ass. :yahoo:

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ blade....

The irony ... calling someone an ass all the while being an ass. :yahoo:

Hammer told me to
report.gif
you fi you got out of line. That's IT! You're going down, bitch.
report.gif