• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

crabs torn Achilles no!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer told me to
report.gif
you fi you got out of line. That's IT! You're going down, bitch.
report.gif

LOL it was a compliment, I thought you were TRYING to be an ass.:yahoo:

Go ahead and
report.gif
me to Hammer, whatever the hell that is...

I don't care, Hammer is a cool dude, he'll see it for what it's worth.

Bitch! :laugh3:

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL it was a compliment, I thought you were TRYING to be an ass.:yahoo:

Go ahead and
report.gif
me to Hammer, whatever the hell that is...

I don't care, Hammer is a cool dude, he'll see it for what it's worth.

Bitch! :laugh3:

You don't know what it is either? Well, fuck. That didn't work.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what it is either? Well, fuck. That didn't work.

I agree he has been immature early on but he grew a whole hell of a lot last year. Could be said the best WR in the NFL, that probably resulted more from the maturity than the QB change (however the connection is undeniable). Whatever the case it doesn't make him a fudge packer...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MM has already started running, this is encouraging even if 'baby steps'.

Manningham sustained a season-ending left knee injury Dec. 23 at Seattle, and he’s been constantly rehabilitating from that anterior cruciate ligament tear.

“I have started and running cutting and doing little things,”
Manningham said. “When you have knee injuries, you can’t really take any time off. Every time I think about it, I’m trying to do something with my knee.

“I’m not rushing it but I am going hard on my knee.”

Manningham, the 49ers’ second-leading receiver last year, is not expected to be ready for the start of training camp in two months. The 49ers open defense of their NFC title Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers at CandlestickPark.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel Kaep was going to spread it around more and defenses were going to focus more on Crabtree resulting in fewer than the 96 extrapolated catches (as targets could go down) but maybe more yards per catch.

Could this injury knock his contract leverage down enough for us to keep him? I doubt it, but maybe.

The list is in no particular order, but the first ramification on the list includes this.

Six ramifications of the Michael Crabtree injury - I'd think Crabtree would love to price himself out of San Francisco and if he wanted to give a hometown discount. The suggestion states it as if he'd be like, "phew, glad that didn't happen. Silver linings, man, silver linings."

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The list is in no particular order, but the first ramification on the list includes this.

Six ramifications of the Michael Crabtree injury - I'd think Crabtree would love to price himself out of San Francisco and if he wanted to give a hometown discount. The suggestion states it as if he'd be like, "phew, glad that didn't happen. Silver linings, man, silver linings."

Unfortunately, this isn't true. He'll have all of 2014 to re-establish himself as a 50 - 70 million dollar WR.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 49ers Anticipate Michael Crabtree to Return

Video of Kaepernick stating as much, too.

I love his answer to the woman asking him to describe the things he did with Crabtree in the off-season: "We're here to talk football." He wasn't going to spend time answering a bull-shit question. She was obviously wanting to write about their camaraderie off field because she had already asked him about the Warriors game they both went to - to which he said yeah, we're friends. Again, she asks, but asking for details. He could have given her details that were too boring to quote. Like one time we went to Taco Bell...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, this isn't true. He'll have all of 2014 to re-establish himself as a 50 - 70 million dollar WR.

Yeah, you're right. Sando talked about it as if he wasn't sure of this either, but I'm sure you're right. Crabtree missed out on being able to void the last year and he'd only do so if he has that leverage to push for more.

Included for relevance, not substance of what you said:

Joe: [A]ny thoughts about Crabtree's injury actually being a long term plus for the Niners, from a stainpoint of being able to re-sign him after 2014?

Mike Sando: Yeah, that is a back-of-the-mind consideration. Colin Kaepernick had to get a contract first. Now it's maybe easier politically to wait on Crabtree, which the team might have done anyway. But we could also be in a situation like the one that arose in 2009, when concerns about a foot injury created a gap in what Crabtree thought of himself (top three talent) and what the 49ers thought of him (not drafted in the top three). See what I mean? Crabtree could get healthy again and then expect to get paid like the guy who had 1,105 yards receiving in 2012. The 49ers might not see him that way at that time.

Chat: Chat with Mike Sando - SportsNation - ESPN

P.S. The Chat talks about a lot more than this and a significant amount about Crabtree if anyone wants to read it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so the 49ers ranked better in 2012 (1st) than in 2011 (8th)??!!

would've bet anything the 2011 season was healthier, much healthier?

Its an illusion. The team is deep enough that when they do have an injury someone has stepped up and done an admiral job. They haven't had a big drop off in results because of it, thus creating the illusion of being injury free..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its an illusion. The team is deep enough that when they do have an injury someone has stepped up and done an admiral job. They haven't had a big drop off in results because of it, thus creating the illusion of being injury free..

but didn't we have more depth in 2012, than 2011?

also, we felt the Justin Smith injury so unfortunately, there was a drop off with this particular injury. granted, we lump in Aldon Smith's drop off wioth Justin's.

anyway, not a big deal here, just surprised.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but didn't we have more depth in 2012, than 2011?

also, we felt the Justin Smith injury so unfortunately, there was a drop off with this particular injury. granted, we lump in Aldon Smith's drop off wioth Justin's.

anyway, not a big deal here, just surprised.

Agreed on the Justin Smith injury...

However, that has been one of the few drop-offs. In 2011 Willis was injured and missed 3 games because of it. Larry Grant did a great job filling in for Willis, and Bowman picked up his game as well. I also think the coaching staff does a good job pre-game planning to cover up and disguise some of our injuries. Unfortunately they haven't been as good with in-game adjustments when injuries have occured...

But all and all, I don't think we have been as healthy as some people might think...