• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

crabs torn Achilles no!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
will Baalke go out and sign a FA wr, and if so, when?

on one hand, you hope to give these young guys a chance in OTA's and TC? on the other, IF you're going to bring in a vet, the more time he spends learning our scheme, the better.

don't think they'll bring in another vet ('notable' vet anyway), unless someone else goes down?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 7-15!!!! what could've been.... damn I really didnt want to see the ticker say Breaking news: 49ers.... I knew it was bad once i read 49... then it was Crabtree.. fucking A....

Do we press to trade for a WR immediately? if we are serious about SB aspirations, should we go make a run via trade for a WR?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. what wr's are left? possible june cuts?

crabtree was just starting to show what he can do when healthy and bang.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
injuries are part of football, no tears and lets not make excuses.....no 'what could have beens'.

doubt this is the only injury we face, what we hope for is no more season ending or long term ones?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 7-15!!!! what could've been.... damn I really didnt want to see the ticker say Breaking news: 49ers.... I knew it was bad once i read 49... then it was Crabtree.. fucking A....

Do we press to trade for a WR immediately? if we are serious about SB aspirations, should we go make a run via trade for a WR?

we need at least 2 starting calibre wr's. right now we only have boldin healthy, so we'll need another body. need to make sure kap has weapons.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
will Baalke go out and sign a FA wr, and if so, when?

I don't know that there's anyone good still available. They'd have t' make a trade.

Who's out there? Steve Smith was rumoured to be on the block last season (Baalke should have traded for him then).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we need at least 2 starting calibre wr's. right now we only have boldin healthy, so we'll need another body. need to make sure kap has weapons.

ideally yes, but at what cap cost?

at worse case, i'm fine letting the rest of them prove themselves? use them in combination till one starts to stand out? Jenkins can be the starter till KW comes back 100%, then Mannhingham will come back 100%. let them all compete or work in combination?

maybe Patton or Lockette can be adequate 'situational' receivers?

not a bad thing to lean a LITTLE more to Vernon Davis? or a LITTLE bit to RB's in space?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at worse case, i'm fine letting the rest of them prove themselves? use them in combination till one starts to stand out? Jenkins can be the starter till KW comes back 100%, then Mannhingham will come back 100%. let them all compete or work in combination?

if crabtree is off the books then we'll have cap room to sign a guy or two. maybe a wr and a te. heap is listed, does he have anything left in the tank?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if crabtree is off the books then we'll have cap room to sign a guy or two. maybe a wr and a te. heap is listed, does he have anything left in the tank?

Is that Heap as in Todd Heap, the TE? If so, I think we're covered there.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titus Young is out there and he's quite cheap right now.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not a bad thing to lean a LITTLE more to Vernon Davis? or a LITTLE bit to RB's in space?

Let them prove themselves? We're talking about(aside from Bolden) rooks, a potential bust and injured WRs.... do we have the window or could we afford to go through their struggles(if any)?

Look what happen to the lack of impact with WRs for the offense back two NFC title games ago... Zero in on Boldin n Davis this time around and where does Kaep go? No doubt defenses will be more focused towards Kaeps' running, but its even more so since the weapons are limited again.

Could Jenkins come through, yes, but going on what we've seen or lack of, he's no better than a 3rd wr. He would REALLY need to make leaps IMO cause he was any good, I sincerely believe we would've seen him more especially after KW went down.

When MM comes back, I think we'll be fine, but doesn't he return(or set date) in november/december? maybe I'm recalling it wrong. I think KW is more in line to come back sooner, but again maybe I'm off in remembering.

We are HURT....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Titus Young is out there and he's quite cheap right now.

And he won't even need to learn the playbook since he's going to line up where ever he feels like anyways.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it wasn't Kaepernick and if it is to happen, I'm glad it's now, not pre-season. Longer time to recover and we have more time to prepare or replace. Before free agency would have been better but can't control when it happens. Wonder how this affects re-signing, cap, and is there a similar thing to compensatory picks for injured starters? I know it wouldn't be the same, just similar reasoning. Does Crab now have to negotiate with potential, with 2012 second half, or as an injured number one?

I didn't want this to happen to anyone, especially as important as Crabtree, but was glad it wasn't Kaep because Kaep is more important and I feel is more modest despite his success. I rarely see Crabs make comments, but I've never seen Kaep do so. Both are shy with the media. I am not calling Crabs a diva or anything, just saying he is more vocal than Kaep despite neither talking much.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need to bring in 2 free agent WRs off this list and then hopefully we will have some good camp competition and some of them will step it up.

Devery Henderson may be a good option too, Brees seemed to hit some long TD homeruns to Henderson from time to time. We have our possession guy in Boldin, Vernon can do both, so maybe we need a home run guy with some wheels?