• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i think the whole thing stinks from an NFL side of things.

he probably hit her. more than once. one woman says she recommends no charges, and a giants fan immediately slaps him with 6 games, and refuses to let the original investigator testify.

that stinks. there is no "due process".

Funny enough, Im watching the 5 part Scott Peterson story, and the lead investigator is the one guy that swears Laci Peterson wasnt killed by Scott

is the lead investigator a black lady?

Cause unfortunately, thats probably all it takes, cause the girl is white

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny enough, Im watching the 5 part Scott Peterson story, and the lead investigator is the one guy that swears Laci Peterson wasnt killed by Scott

So was Laci...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was that lead investigators findings considered in the final decision?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Elliott did anything -- but it's enough to draw an inference that Elliott likely caused her harm. .
Was agreeing with everything you said up until this. No it's not. Not when she contradicted herself and made the statements that she did beforehand that would lead a reasonable person to assume she may not be telling the truth and also has not even one person that will corroborate her story even though there were many others around. That's why there were no charges. Not just no felony charges but no charges whatsoever and that's why this whole suspension is shady and even more shady after this latest development. My opinion still hasn't changed from day one. Show me something coming from someone other than this woman that Zeke was the one that did this to her. I still haven't seen it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the "he's guilty!" crowd

If the lead investigator, the ONLY PERSON TO INTERVIEW THE ALLEGED VICTIM, does not believe anything happened to warrant a suspension........then WHAT are you basing your opinion on?

Just curious. The so called "evidence" is flimsy at best.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the cowboys turn:suds:

The NFL Players Association filed a temporary restraining order in Texas calling on the courts to block any suspension upheld by NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson.
It is a preemptive lawsuit designed to challenge the appeals process arising from Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension, and to ultimately block the six-game ban from being imposed by the league should Henderson approve all or part of the suspension. Per PFT's Mike Florio, who has an attorney background, the next step will involve a battle by Elliott to win a ruling that would delay any suspension until all litigation has concluded. The goal of Zeke's camp will be to get that ruling as soon as possible so that Elliott can play in Week 1. Based on the league's to-date bungling of the situation, we would at this point bet on Elliott playing against the Giants next Sunday night

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the "he's guilty!" crowd

If the lead investigator, the ONLY PERSON TO INTERVIEW THE ALLEGED VICTIM, does not believe anything happened to warrant a suspension........then WHAT are you basing your opinion on?

Just curious. The so called "evidence" is flimsy at best.

There was a 160 page report if I am not mistaken. As I said before I am not saying Zeke did or did not put his hands on her. I honestly don't know. However I am pretty sure the decision to suspend was not based on what the alleged victim said.. In fact the letter that Zeke got even stated so.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a 160 page report if I am not mistaken. As I said before I am not saying Zeke did or did not put his hands on her. I honestly don't know. However I am pretty sure the decision to suspend was not based on what the alleged victim said.. In fact the letter that Zeke got even stated so.

That report has nothing conclusive at all. And it was compiled WITHOUT the lead investigator's evidence or opinions, which makes it suspect at best.

Once again......they ONLY person that actually investigated and spoke with the victim does not find her believable or credible. WHY was this omitted, and why would anyone passing judgement gloss over this?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That report has nothing conclusive at all. And it was compiled WITHOUT the lead investigator's evidence or opinions, which makes it suspect at best.

Once again......they ONLY person that actually investigated and spoke with the victim does not find her believable or credible. WHY was this omitted, and why would anyone passing judgement gloss over this?

None of us knows what is in the report and what is not. There are things in there that I am sure Zeke does not want out. In fact they are not arguing guilt or innocence. They are arguing that the NFL appeals process is unfair. They go on to say the NFL is guilty of "egregious violations of legal due process in connection with the NFL's investigation". The problem with that is the NFL does not need legal due process. This is not a criminal matter. The NFLPA was stupid to give the NFL this kind of power.

The NFL is going to win simply by stating Article 46.

I am going to say again. I do not know if Zeke did or did not put his hands on the accuser. I just don't know and I do not have access to the report. If the full report is ever released I can say what I believe based on that information. I just don't have enough information to give my real honest opinion.

The smart play is to let this go. They are going to lose in the end. Better to lose Zeke early in the season than late.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is key IMO. The police are saying he may have done something, but there's no way to prove it. To the best of my knowledge the police are better teained to dig up evidence.

The Columbus, Ohio, police department declined to press charges, citing “conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence.” One witness told prosecutors that Thompson had asked her to lie to police about the alleged assault and provided text messages that appeared to show as much. Principal assistant city attorney Robert S. Tobias later told USA Today, “I personally believe that there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened.”

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing for sure....the NFL looks real bad again.
Look for them to beg Jerry to drop this for a 2 game suspension

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone here remember the Tom Brady case??

Article 46 says that Roger Goodell can do any fucking thing he wants to do and the courts will back it.

If he want EE to get 6, he gets 6. If he wants EE to get 8, he gets 8.

Bitch, moan, complain, whatever............EE gets what Goodell gives him, end of story.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone here remember the Tom Brady case??

Article 46 says that Roger Goodell can do any fucking thing he wants to do and the courts will back it.

If he want EE to get 6, he gets 6. If he wants EE to get 8, he gets 8.

Bitch, moan, complain, whatever............EE gets what Goodell gives him, end of story.

OK, but it won't hurt Elliott to take it to court.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the league suspended him for 2 games and used all the issues asvthe reason, I dont think Zeke stands a chance, however the league already said the other issues were not considered.
Zeke might be the one who rips Goodell's GOD Power out from under him. I will agree it's a long shot but his case got a stronger with this latest bit of information.

See, I wasn't sure what their reasons were...so yeah, I hope he takes that smug prick down. I still think the NFL gets their way, but at least Roger and his clowns look really bad in this!!

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to know the NFL front office is full of Giant and Jet fans...makes sense why both NY teams get away with the shit they do. Rogers balls are permanently in Mara's mouth....bottom line is, the players signed off on the contract that gave all power to Roger. The courts ruled it in Brady's case. If Roger say's it's 6 games, it's 6 games...just be thankful you didn't lose draft picks over it....cause with all the arrests in Dallas, and suspensions for Ped or whatever they want to call it....it could be considered repeat offender, same thing the Patriots were bagged for even when they were cleared....

Not sure how Jerry can tell Kraft to suck it up and you cannot sue the league, now wants to sue the league....I mean come on Jer....The only way this ends, is for the players to strike and I am pretty sure 90% of NFL fans would stand by them.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I wasn't sure what their reasons were...so yeah, I hope he takes that smug prick down. I still think the NFL gets their way, but at least Roger and his clowns look really bad in this!!

Odds are definitely against Elliott. I'm amazed a CBA can nullify Labor Laws.
I'm betting (Hoping) the NFLPA, has learned their lesson doesn't give Goodell GOD Powers again.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to know the NFL front office is full of Giant and Jet fans...makes sense why both NY teams get away with the shit they do. Rogers balls are permanently in Mara's mouth....bottom line is, the players signed off on the contract that gave all power to Roger. The courts ruled it in Brady's case. If Roger say's it's 6 games, it's 6 games...just be thankful you didn't lose draft picks over it....cause with all the arrests in Dallas, and suspensions for Ped or whatever they want to call it....it could be considered repeat offender, same thing the Patriots were bagged for even when they were cleared....

Not sure how Jerry can tell Kraft to suck it up and you cannot sue the league, now wants to sue the league....I mean come on Jer....The only way this ends, is for the players to strike and I am pretty sure 90% of NFL fans would stand by them.

Most of us see things differently when were wearing the shoes.