• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, I am on your side....it sucks!! The powers are the NFL are to powerful....
I know what side your on, just noting in all walks of life things happen. Something could happen to a guy down the street, you may think its no big deal, a week later it happens to you and alll hell may break loose.
To be honest, I was a little surprised Jerry stood tall with Goodell against Brady, after Goodell and Mars fucked over Dallas with the cap penalty in a uncapped year.
I'll never figure out how that went through. I know Kraft talked Jerry and Snyder out of suing the league, however I think Kraft didn't want to give the NFLPA ammo for a colussion case. I dont recall Kraft ever screaming about cap violations.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what was said behind closed doors when the Cap thing came down. This day and age, everything is leaked to the media or something.

I have no issue what so ever with the Brady suspension. Once the phone thing came out, I knew he was done for it and that was gonna be the reason he hung for it. I mean, it was pretty stupid of Brady to get rid of the phone. Someone should have known better. How hard would it have been to lock it away in a safe till this thing was over. The part the pisses me off the most, was the loss of draft picks. Roger literally fuck over the entire fan base and a 1st rd pick when NE was cleared of it all. I doubt Kraft was deflating footballs. That is what pisses me off the most. They punished them for spygate all over again because certain owners thought the first punishment wasn't fair. Fuck them...I feel bad for Zeke, the players and fans, but not one bit remorse for Jerry on this...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what was said behind closed doors when the Cap thing came down. This day and age, everything is leaked to the media or something.

I have no issue what so ever with the Brady suspension. Once the phone thing came out, I knew he was done for it and that was gonna be the reason he hung for it. I mean, it was pretty stupid of Brady to get rid of the phone. Someone should have known better. How hard would it have been to lock it away in a safe till this thing was over. The part the pisses me off the most, was the loss of draft picks. Roger literally fuck over the entire fan base and a 1st rd pick when NE was cleared of it all. I doubt Kraft was deflating footballs. That is what pisses me off the most. They punished them for spygate all over again because certain owners thought the first punishment wasn't fair. Fuck them...I feel bad for Zeke, the players and fans, but not one bit remorse for Jerry on this...
I always thought Brady should have been $25,000 as was the precedent set by other equipment fines. I'll admit to enjoying spining up a few pats fans, but the suspension was unwarranted. I have to think Jerry probably would change his tune had he knew this was going to take place.
That said I have no issues with you having hard feeling against Jerry.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us knows what is in the report and what is not. There are things in there that I am sure Zeke does not want out. In fact they are not arguing guilt or innocence. They are arguing that the NFL appeals process is unfair. They go on to say the NFL is guilty of "egregious violations of legal due process in connection with the NFL's investigation". The problem with that is the NFL does not need legal due process. This is not a criminal matter. The NFLPA was stupid to give the NFL this kind of power.

The NFL is going to win simply by stating Article 46.

I am going to say again. I do not know if Zeke did or did not put his hands on the accuser. I just don't know and I do not have access to the report. If the full report is ever released I can say what I believe based on that information. I just don't have enough information to give my real honest opinion.

The smart play is to let this go. They are going to lose in the end. Better to lose Zeke early in the season than late.

After reading over 300 pages that included the NFL report, Zeke's lawsuit, the investigator's interview with sweet Tiffany and the transcript of the hearing...

You're right. There are things in there that I'm sure Zeke didn't want out. But they are. He'll need to work on his humanitarian efforts a little.

Read Ezekiel Elliott's lawsuit, including full interview with accuser, NFL report

(Gotta have a Dallas Morning News subscription but I imagine you can find all of this on Yahoo as well)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see someone else get kicked in the nuts, you laugh because it's funny and you know how much it hurts. Then someone comes along and kicks you in the nuts and the scenario has a total different aspect. When we Pats fans went beserk over a four game suspension for Brady, a lot people thought it was funny. The Cowboy Nation is hasn't been kicked yet, but they know that it's coming and they can't cover or protect their nuts from Roger's foot.

I'd have to guess that Article 46 will become a part of NFL history when the next CBA is negotiated. Until then, the owners have no one to blame but themselves for spreading their legs and giving Roger a free shot. Then again, didn't they just re-up his $45M a year contract?????

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us knows what is in the report and what is not. There are things in there that I am sure Zeke does not want out. In fact they are not arguing guilt or innocence. They are arguing that the NFL appeals process is unfair. They go on to say the NFL is guilty of "egregious violations of legal due process in connection with the NFL's investigation". The problem with that is the NFL does not need legal due process. This is not a criminal matter. The NFLPA was stupid to give the NFL this kind of power.

The NFL is going to win simply by stating Article 46.

I am going to say again. I do not know if Zeke did or did not put his hands on the accuser. I just don't know and I do not have access to the report. If the full report is ever released I can say what I believe based on that information. I just don't have enough information to give my real honest opinion.

The smart play is to let this go. They are going to lose in the end. Better to lose Zeke early in the season than late.
I thought the report was made public?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone here remember the Tom Brady case??

Article 46 says that Roger Goodell can do any fucking thing he wants to do and the courts will back it.

If he want EE to get 6, he gets 6. If he wants EE to get 8, he gets 8.

Bitch, moan, complain, whatever............EE gets what Goodell gives him, end of story.
I agree on the courts not helping Zeke or any player and I hate when players take things to the courts and don't want Zeke to. The court battles are for the criminal or civil side of things. This seems dead from that perspective. If that arises I would certainly not criticize him for fighting it 100% if he feels he should. You fight the NFL by not giving them this stupid power in the first place or in the future. IMO Zeke's chance for a reduction or eradication is in the appeal (regardless of what odds you want to put on it happening). The filing won't reduce or eliminate his suspension but it should give him/the team more control over when it happens. That is why I think the NFLPA took this action on his behalf.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us see things differently when were wearing the shoes.
Jerrah is such a self centered POS. Having said that I hope he helps bring down heir Goodell for once.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Brady should have been $25,000 as was the precedent set by other equipment fines. I'll admit to enjoying spining up a few pats fans, but the suspension was unwarranted. I have to think Jerry probably would change his tune had he knew this was going to take place.
That said I have no issues with you having hard feeling against Jerry.
:mad2::lm:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah is such a self centered POS. Having said that I hope he helps bring down heir Goodell for once.
Won't be easy, but this looks like the best chance to date. All they need is one judge to rule Article 46 is unfair under labor law.
Before I get ripped, I know they players agreed under the CBA, but I believe CBAs have been changed by law suits in the past. I can't find any on line, I do personnally know of one that changed, but it never made it to court.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell and the NFL have looked bad for years wrt discipline.

Yet the train keeps rollin'

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be easy, but this looks like the best chance to date. All they need is one judge to rule Article 46 is unfair under labor law.
Before I get ripped, I know they players agreed under the CBA, but I believe CBAs have been changed by law suits in the past. I can't find any on line, I do personnally know of one that changed, but it never made it to court.
Can't believe I'm saying this but I think you're right:doh:I need a drink :lol:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That report has nothing conclusive at all. And it was compiled WITHOUT the lead investigator's evidence or opinions, which makes it suspect at best.

Once again......they ONLY person that actually investigated and spoke with the victim does not find her believable or credible. WHY was this omitted, and why would anyone passing judgement gloss over this?[/QUOTE]

Ezekiel Elliott case: This isn't first time NFL's Lisa Friel was accused of withholding evidence
Too dirty to work for the courts? Work for the NFL front office.....

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I'd have to guess that Article 46 will become a part of NFL history when the next CBA is negotiated. Until then, the owners have no one to blame but themselves for spreading their legs and giving Roger a free shot. Then again, didn't they just re-up his $45M a year contract?????

I have a hunch that Article 46 will be one massive bargaining chip for Goodell to get an 18 game schedule. Because it's no secret that he wants that.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of Elliots lawsuit by the NFLPA

Kia Roberts, the NFL's director of investigations, recommended no suspension for Elliott, she testified at the appeal hearing, and was the only NFL investigator to interview Thompson and other witnesses. But Roberts wasn't asked to attend meetings when Goodell determined Elliott's discipline.

"The deliberate exclusion of her recommendations and findings constitutes a failure to follow the NFL's own Personal Conduct Policy, which the League unilaterally imposed and refused to collectively bargain."

"Arbitrary decision-making and internal inconsistencies continue to plague the most senior level of management of the League. This is the latest and best example of the Players' belief that independent, transparent and collectively bargained policies generate the best systemic results for all parties."

I thought the Personal conduct policy was in the CBA it looks here like it was not according to the NFLPA

very messy going to get worse and like every pissing contest ever done everybody is already soaked

Elliot is no angel but this lawsuit might change the Status Quo under Herr Goodell. With the facts we now have everybody looks like IDIOTS and the NFL looks worse for not just giving Elliot a 2 game time out under Herr Goodells "conduct policy"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Elliott for the fantasy leagues.