• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have yet to hear from ANYONE the justification for a 1 game ban for a Giants player who admitted guilt in DV.

There isn't one and anyone that tries to justify it is a moron. However that asshole is on the Commisioners exempt list IIRC and he will never set foot on a football field again. Yes they fucked up but his career is completely over.

The NFL leadership are a bunch of asshole boys club members. The sad thing about all of this is that Ezekiel Elliot is more of a wrong place at the wrong time player. I still am not sure if he did or did not put his hands on his girlfriend. The NFL has had egg on their face way too many times when it comes to domestic violence and Elliot was given the max because of that. Right or wrong they are trying to error on the other side this time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REad my latest post, and explain to me why a Giants player GUILTY of abuse gets 1 game and a Cowboys player who's accuser has self-admitted to making it all up gets 6.

It's the league just making sh&t up as they please.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, with zero evidence whatsoever you think he did it........ Part the course for eagles fans, LMAO

I don't think you know what "zero evidence" means. Par for the course for Cowboys fans. Laughing my ass off, indeed.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't one and anyone that tries to justify it is a moron. However that asshole is on the Commisioners exempt list IIRC and he will never set foot on a football field again. Yes they fucked up but his career is completely over.

The NFL leadership are a bunch of asshole boys club members. The sad thing about all of this is that Ezekiel Elliot is more of a wrong place at the wrong time player. I still am not sure if he did or did not put his hands on his girlfriend. The NFL has had egg on their face way too many times when it comes to domestic violence and Elliot was given the max because of that. Right or wrong they are trying to error on the other side this time.

There is a weird precedent being set. If there are no charges and no proof of wrong doing then how can you suspend a player? If they are just basing it on the allegation of domestic abuse, or rumors of domestic abuse then that opens a Pandora's box that can be easily abused. If I was some unscrupulous coach or owner who wanted to win at any cost, why couldn't I just hire some bimbo to accuse one of my competitor's star players of abusing her, and make sure I do it right before the playoffs to get the guy suspended if proof isn't really required to get it done? Or what if I'm just some bitter and pissed off ex-girlfriend of a player who wants to get revenge for being dumped? One call to the NFL saying so-and-so hit me and I can cost him 4 game cheques and ruin his reputation. No proof required? I just don't like the precedent this sets.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zeke is no choir boy, but suspending him under the DV policy is where they fucked up. If they had given him 1 game for being a dolt then that would be more understandable. All of his smaller issues he actually did could be lumped together and slapped with the equivalent of LOIC. But they overcharged and this will get tossed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you know what "zero evidence" means. Par for the course for Cowboys fans. Laughing my ass off, indeed.

Please provide evidence that Zeke hit this woman.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have yet to hear from ANYONE the justification for a 1 game ban for a Giants player who admitted guilt in DV.
One notable difference is Brown was more cooperative with the NFL, Elliott and co. have been less so.

I think it's been demonstrated on more than one occasion now... if you try to stonewall or obstruct Goddell and the NFL... they are going to throw the book at you in return.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree here. The sad or funny part os the first case where they could go easy they throw the book.
Maybe they're trying to bring Night Court back on the air.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please provide evidence that Zeke hit this woman.

Photos of bruises, data confirming the dates and times of those photos, testimony from Thompson that Elliott caused the bruising, other testimony from Thompson that can be corroborated by text messages and phonecalls, and I believe Elliott has admitted he was with her at various points during those time frames. That's called evidence. Whether you think it's credible or not is a different question.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "real" authorities did say they had no evidence. Is it really that hard to comprehend?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photos of bruises, data confirming the dates and times of those photos, testimony from Thompson that Elliott caused the bruising, other testimony from Thompson that can be corroborated by text messages and phonecalls, and I believe Elliott has admitted he was with her at various points during those time frames. That's called evidence. Whether you think it's credible or not is a different question.
Lol, it seems obvious that even the cops think the injuries were self inflicted. You are digging yourself a hole.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One notable difference is Brown was more cooperative with the NFL, Elliott and co. have been less so.

I think it's been demonstrated on more than one occasion now... if you try to stonewall or obstruct Goddell and the NFL... they are going to throw the book at you in return.

Proof that he hasn't cooperated? he attended all meetings and handed over the records they asked for, that's how the NFL used the photo "meta data" to know they were near each other that night.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what about the text messages Thompson asked one of her friends to lie and say Zeke did it when in reality those bruises were from a chick that she fought with at a bar that night? Just gonna ignore those and go with your ill-conceived opinion?

So i'll ask AGAIN. Please provide any proof Zeke hit this woman.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In theory, but in this case we have a Giants fan ,Friel, taken upon herself to weaken the cowboys.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knowyourenemy needs to read up

Did Ezekiel Elliott’s accuser succeed with threats to ‘ruin’ his career?

▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”

▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”

▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man. B----, keep (messing) with the wrong, b----.”

▪ After not being allowed into the after party, Thompson was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.

▪ Elliott is also “100 percent certain” that Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to believe you.”

Per the documents, Friel was unable to give an clear endorsement of Thompson’s credibility because she repeatedly misled investigators.

The above threats were made on July 21 and the early morning of July 22, the date Thompson called police accusing Elliott of assaulting her while they were in a parked vehicle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with this, but not in this case. They set a penalty for DV now. So the norm should be 6 games. It's not like the old days (or other infractions) where they investigate and then decide on whatever they feel is an appropriate penalty. And what has Elliott not cooperated with if he is indeed innocent? If he is innocent everything he has said and done is truthful and fully cooperative. Now conversely of course if he is guilty then he has lied and been obstructive and maybe deserving of a stiffer penalty, but at this point we've yet to see that is the case.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this, but not in this case. They set a penalty for DV now. So the norm should be 6 games. It's not like the old days (or other infractions) where they investigate and then decide on whatever they feel is an appropriate penalty. And what has Elliott not cooperated with if he is indeed innocent? If he is innocent everything he has said and done is truthful and fully cooperative. Now conversely of course if he is guilty then he has lied and been obstructive and maybe deserving of a stiffer penalty, but at this point we've yet to see that is the case.

NFL said this suspension was simply for DV. It wasn't like Brady's suspension which was for destroying his phone (right or wrong, not arguing if he did).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how credible you think it is, there is evidence in this case. Based on what the "victim" has said and done in the past it really is incredibly weak and there is a pretty good chance she lied and made it all up. But by definition it is evidence.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is no choir boy, but suspending him under the DV policy is where they fucked up. If they had given him 1 game for being a dolt then that would be more understandable. All of his smaller issues he actually did could be lumped together and slapped with the equivalent of LOIC. But they overcharged and this will get tossed.
The NFL really botched this one and this mess could be tied up in the courts for years. The best lawyers in the country are going to get on a waiting list when Zeke sues the NFL for potential lost wages and defecation of character. This case makes bradys case look like a zit on a horses ass