• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would have been a public relations nightmare......
Yea because the NFL doesn't have that now? The pissed off the NFLPA and the general public thinks the NFL is full of shit. They did a great job of avoiding that PR nightmare.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that relevant? Whether there is sufficient evidence to convict him of a crime is a totally separate question than whether there is sufficient evidence to suspend him. O.J. Simpson wasn't convicted of murder but it doesn't mean he didn't do it. Bill Cosby wasn't convicted of a crime but it doesn't mean he didn't do it. Cosby has had people pull endorsements or back out of working relationships because of the allegations against him. Were you beating the drum for Cosby based on insufficient evidence? O.J. Simpson hasn't gotten an acting gig since his ex-wife was murdered. Why didn't you fight for his right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty?

There are really only three options: (1) you're a biased Cowboys fans unable to see things objectively here; (2) you're a buffoon; or (3) you're both.
It's a question, a question you seem unwilling to answer.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are wrong. No one......not the NFL, Prosecutor on the case or a representative from any Ohio Law Enforcement agency made a statement that the accuser lied.

I don't need the prosecutor to tell me, I've read the the texts and sworn statements.
Maybe if you could read, you'll see it too.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the CBA:suds:

Standard of Conduct: While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

if u dont want to get suspended stay out of trouble:suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood, but I think this could be the case that the courts roll the NFL over their lack of Due Process.
courts cant do a damn thing about it the players signed a contract:suds:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood, but I think this could be the case that the courts roll the NFL over their lack of Due Process.

Why do you think that? There's less evidence to support that belief than there is to support the belief that Elliott beat up his girlfriend. But I guess I shouldn't expect you to be consistent about anything.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I asked a simple question that apparently those 100% calling for his suspension, refuse to answer.

Because it doesn't fucking matter.

"While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think that? There's less evidence to support that belief than there is to support the belief that Elliott beat up his girlfriend. But I guess I shouldn't expect you to be consistent about anything.
Let's let the appeal process play out, then the law suits that may follow.
You're obviously ready to convict a man on evidence, you've never seen.
That Dallas hatred will eat you up, let it go.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it doesn't fucking matter.

"While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."
Bullshit, it does matter.
Forget about the NFL for a minute, if you sat on a Jury for a case just like this, with this exact known evidence, would you convict?

If you can't answer or refuse to answer I'm done with you.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about the NFL for a minute, if you sat on a Jury for a case just like this, with this exact known evidence, would you convict?

I am not going to forget about the NFL for a moment because my entire argument was based on the NFL and the CBA. You are the one that keeps asking questions about if we would convict him criminally. I am not answering that because it does not fucking matter. I am not wasting my time on your stupid argument about if I would convict him of a crime or not. Unless you can submit to me every piece of information available to investigators the question is ridiculous.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good retort. I can see why this hypothetical scenario matters so much. Let me ask you this similarly important hypothetical: would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's let the appeal process play out, then the law suits that may follow.
You're obviously ready to convict a man on evidence, you've never seen.
That Dallas hatred will eat you up, let it go.

The only thing I'm ready to do is point out the foolishness of Cowboys fans defending Elliott and complaining as if he's gotten a raw deal.

You have no reason to believe that the courts will "roll the NFL" other than the fact that you're a Cowboys fan that hopes that's what ultimately happens.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke can make more than his current contract after he sues the NFL and wins. The NFL will regret this if they dont drastically reduce the suspension. Lol at the Cowboys haters on here