• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Cowboys vs Vikings

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure hes just frustrated that another season is heading "down the tubes"

"where are these tubes?" George Carlin

Love the George Carlin reference. One of the smartest guys I have ever heard. Would love to hear his commentary on the world today. Way ahead of the game.

R.I.P. George Carlin

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAL was a very beatable team last night. The blow to the head was a bad miss and should've resulted in another play, but MIN simply did not convert when they had opportunities earlier in the game and kicked FGs instead.

The Cowboys were the better team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAL was a very beatable team last night. The blow to the head was a bad miss and should've resulted in another play, but MIN simply did not convert when they had opportunities earlier in the game and kicked FGs instead.

Incorrect. The blow to the head shouldn't have happened because the false start on that play should have been called.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right, but holding court after the game with the media looks petty

Me? I thought the worst call was the Dallas INT nullified buy the so called hands to the face. Still not sure what the ref saw on that one but it saved the vikes ass from being down perhaps 14-3. HUGE CALL

was a legit call, but like the OPI on Patterson it was tick tack call they often let go.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. The blow to the head shouldn't have happened because the false start on that play should have been called.

So either way we should've had another chance :)

Stalling in Red Zone and ST's is what lost it

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand why they can't see that

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either way we should've had another chance :)

Stalling in Red Zone and ST's is what lost it

True. And backed up another 5 yards, that airmail from Sam might have dropped into the field of play :)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beatable but won.

Did what they needed to, took advantage of the opportunities.

Dallas got screwed on a couple of cheap penalties earlier, everything evens out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the hands to the face wasn't called. Yes by the rule it was a penalty. But come on it had zero to do with the result of that play. It didn't hurt Bradford. Good no call in my opinion. Officials should be allowed some leeway on these type of calls. Just because a hand touches a helmet/face mask shouldn't warrant a potential game changer.

There was either a false start or an offsides that should've been called. I'd have to see it again but when the play happened I like others saw something. Those fouls give a much more unfair advantage to a play then a touch on the facemask.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, back 5 yards. It would not mean another play 1/2 the distance closer.

Another play nonetheless.

My point here is that nearly every game has obvious calls that officials miss...I've heard the FT ref thing, but imo that's not the answer...they need to use the technology they have in the last 2 mins of the game or start coming down on officials that can't see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beatable but won.

Did what they needed to, took advantage of the opportunities.

Dallas got screwed on a couple of cheap penalties earlier, everything evens out.

I'm not suggesting the facemask cost MIN the game...at the end of the day, the better team won...they made the plays...MIN didn't.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the hands to the face wasn't called. Yes by the rule it was a penalty. But come on it had zero to do with the result of that play. It didn't hurt Bradford. Good no call in my opinion. Officials should be allowed some leeway on these type of calls. Just because a hand touches a helmet/face mask shouldn't warrant a potential game changer.

There was either a false start or an offsides that should've been called. I'd have to see it again but when the play happened I like others saw something. Those fouls give a much more unfair advantage to a play then a touch on the facemask.

It doesn't matter if it affects the outcome of the play. Neither does drilling the QB well after the ball is gone, or a defensive holding away from the play, or holding during a punt that ends in a fair catch. That said, it certainly seemed to impair his ability to follow through on the pass, as erratic as it was.

The false start on Clemmings was a split second early. The official they talked to said he would've let the false start go. Either way, at worst it should've been offsetting penalties and a re-try.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting the facemask cost MIN the game...at the end of the day, the better team won...they made the plays...MIN didn't.

I realize. I just thought the missed face mask slap evened things out.....

I am really starting to dislike refs.....

Minny moved the ball after a fashion but couldn't get the TDs.

The only part of the game I was really unhappy with was Dallas' last drive that looked really awful and ended up giving Minny a short field.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another play nonetheless.

My point here is that nearly every game has obvious calls that officials miss...I've heard the FT ref thing, but imo that's not the answer...they need to use the technology they have in the last 2 mins of the game or start coming down on officials that can't see.

Why last 2 minutes? The last two minutes of last night would have been a lot different if a lot of bad calls earlier in the game were corrected.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if it affects the outcome of the play. Neither does drilling the QB well after the ball is gone, or a defensive holding away from the play, or holding during a punt that ends in a fair catch. That said, it certainly seemed to impair his ability to follow through on the pass, as erratic as it was.

The false start on Clemmings was a split second early. The official they talked to said he would've let the false start go. Either way, at worst it should've been offsetting penalties and a re-try.
What? You can't have offsetting penalties when one is false start. Anything after that doesn't count, the play is dead right then

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the last play, the outcome could have been different in Minny's garbage QB had checked down or thrown a dump pass (like he does most of the time)and given his team a chance to make a play, rather than throw it 12 rows into the stands. That was one of his longer throws of the night.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why last 2 minutes? The last two minutes of last night would have been a lot different if a lot of bad calls earlier in the game were corrected.

True.

Largely because they're already supposed to be in heighten review mode, but it wouldn't bother me to see the entire game subjected to it. Worst case give the HC the ability to challenge questionable or presumed missed calls.