• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Cowboys vs Vikings

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize. I just thought the missed face mask slap evened things out.....

I am really starting to dislike refs.....

Minny moved the ball after a fashion but couldn't get the TDs.

The only part of the game I was really unhappy with was Dallas' last drive that looked really awful and ended up giving Minny a short field.

Cowboys showed a lot of resolve to grind out a win on the road when they clearly didn't have their best stuff on OFC...credit MIN for some of that, but you just don't see that too often with a rookie QB.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs have been bad all year IMHO and while the rules are the rules they are not enforced evenly across the referee crews one crew will let the players play and only call the most blatant penaltys and the next crew calls everything that even looks like a penalty.

Does anybody really even know what a catch is, Holding, or hands to the face or helmet ? Its different every single week depending on which ref crew your team draws
I know the refs miss things and call stuff that was way on the edge but the NFL really needs to get this cleaned up.
This year seems way worse or maybe the technology we have with the HD TV's just make it look worse either way the NFL has a problem even if they wont admit it. They will have 2 eventually 2 much money is at stake.

JMHO

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if it affects the outcome of the play. Neither does drilling the QB well after the ball is gone, or a defensive holding away from the play, or holding during a punt that ends in a fair catch. That said, it certainly seemed to impair his ability to follow through on the pass, as erratic as it was.

The false start on Clemmings was a split second early. The official they talked to said he would've let the false start go. Either way, at worst it should've been offsetting penalties and a re-try.
Come on you're not serious? That's like comparing murder to j walking. The rule is in place to protect the QB. It's not there because it may or may not have impeded his ability to follow thru. The hand on the shoulder could've been enough to do that. This was not a Deacon Jones head slap.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody really even know what a catch is,

Dez does.

Dez caught that fucking ball.

Cause that's what Dez does!! We just can't believe he could do what he did......

And he had two great catches with impact yesterday evening.

The almost but not quite in the end too long bomb, and his TD in 4th qtr.

Dez knows what a fucking catch is. And how to make them.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez does.

Dez caught that fucking ball.

Cause that's what Dez does!! We just can't believe he could do what he did......

And he had two great catches with impact yesterday evening.

The almost but not quite in the end too long bomb, and his TD in 4th qtr.

Dez knows what a fucking catch is. And how to make them.

I agree Dez caught that ball

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on you're not serious? That's like comparing murder to j walking. The rule is in place to protect the QB. It's not there because it may or may not have impeded his ability to follow thru. The hand on the shoulder could've been enough to do that. This was not a Deacon Jones head slap.

Not sure what your point was. My point is that it was a penalty and should've been called. I guarantee it would've been called if someone hit Brady in the facemask.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your point was. My point is that it was a penalty and should've been called. I guarantee it would've been called if someone hit Brady in the facemask.

And there should have been a false start called before the play even began which would have stopped the play from happening in the first place.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there should have been a false start called before the play even began which would have stopped the play from happening in the first place.

Sure. That was a tighter call and the tackles seem to be given some leeway in borderline false starts, but it was early. That still gives the Vikings another attempt.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. That was a tighter call and the tackles seem to be given some leeway in borderline false starts, but it was early. That still gives the Vikings another attempt.

I wouldn't call it borderline. Both my girlfriend and I caught it and normally I don't see that sort of stuff unless I'm really looking for it as the play was happening.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call it borderline. Both my girlfriend and I caught it and normally I don't see that sort of stuff unless I'm really looking for it as the play was happening.

I see the OTs consistently getting early starts, especially noticeable on shotgun snaps. The official they talked to on the broadcast called it negligible.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the OTs consistently getting early starts, especially noticeable on shotgun snaps. The official they talked to on the broadcast called it negligible.

Honestly it affected the play more than the slap to the head did. The false start helped him get a jump to block the DE. On the other hand Bradford had already launched the ball into the 5th row of the bleachers when he got the love tap.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it affected the play more than the slap to the head did. The false start helped him get a jump to block the DE. On the other hand Bradford had already launched the ball into the 5th row of the bleachers when he got the love tap.

Helped even more than our end let up and was pointing at the tackle during the play.