• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys vs. Eagles

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still early, but it seems like both of these teams are on a late season collision course to decide the top seed in the NFC. How do you guys think the Cowboys match up against the Eagles?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still early, but it seems like both of these teams are on a late season collision course to decide the top seed in the NFC. How do you guys think the Cowboys match up against the Eagles?

I think any team with an OLine blowing open huge holes and having a RB on pace for 2000 yards matches up well with anyone. Those are going to be critical games and WILL decide the division crown. I expect them to split with Philly and as of now win the division cause Philly has a harder schedule from here on out.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Eagles threw the Cowboys a curveball and came out and pounded McCoy 30 times, their OLine would handle us up front. Otherwise, I think the Eagles hurry up will work against them as Dallas owns time of possession

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of football to be played between now and 11/27.

Lots to be learned - especially over the next two weeks with both teams playing another team that looks like they belong in this conversation.

Gotta let it breathe...

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but it's do far down the road, I don't think so can even get into that match-up yet. Perhaps in another 3 weeks...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but it's do far down the road, I don't think so can even get into that match-up yet. Perhaps in another 3 weeks...

I have to agree Carl. My mind is on Garçon, Djax, Reed and others right now. We aren't good enough to think ahead. One at a time.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans have the luxury of thinking ahead...... Our thoughts and opinions don't really matter in the overall scheme of things. I think you guys will see that I'm right. The #1 seed in the NFC will come out of this division.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans have the luxury of thinking ahead...... Our thoughts and opinions don't really matter in the overall scheme of things. I think you guys will see that I'm right. The #1 seed in the NFC will come out of this division.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think my thoughts matter to the success of the team, I'm just curious to see what Dallas looks like in 3 weeks. Before that time, the exercise feels pointless for me, but more power to everyone else.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think my thoughts matter to the success of the team, I'm just curious to see what Dallas looks like in 3 weeks. Before that time, the exercise feels pointless for me, but more power to everyone else.

And - by the same token - I'm just as curious to see what the Iggles look like in three weeks too. Let's face it - after the next two weeks we may both (DAL & PHI fans alike) be looking at the Cardinals and wondering what went wrong.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And - by the same token - I'm just as curious to see what the Iggles look like in three weeks too. Let's face it - after the next two weeks we may both (DAL & PHI fans alike) be looking at the Cardinals and wondering what went wrong.

Possible...... But unlikely. The only impressive win the Cardinals have so far is against the 49ers and they looked bad against Denver.... A team who has an offense on the same level as Dallas and Philly.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible...... But unlikely. The only impressive win the Cardinals have so far is against the 49ers and they looked bad against Denver.... A team who has an offense on the same level as Dallas and Philly.

I don't think the Cards have an offense like Philly or Dallas. We out class them at WR, RB, OLine and QB.... you can throw in TE as well. I think the Cards outclass both of us when it comes to defensive playmakers. The Cards are a top notch team and both of us looked bad vs. The Rams.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woops, I read that wrong. Sorry, the Eagles and Cowboys just don't have the Offense Denver has. Our QBs don't throw 5 TDs every game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woops, I read that wrong. Sorry, the Eagles and Cowboys just don't have the Offense Denver has. Our QBs don't throw 5 TDs every game.

I don't think we can put Foles and Romo in the same sentence either though. Romo is probably Hall of Fame when it's over with and Foles is at his best maybe Pro Bowl worthy? Foles has a long ways to go as a player and career goes, I don't see him as special though, who knows a year or two could change that. I think if we do the break down of Philly vs Dallas, Dallas would own majority of the selections:

QB- Dallas
RB- Dallas
WR- Dallas
TE- Dallas
OL- Dallas
DL- Philly
LB- Dallas
Secondary- Dallas
Special Teams- Philly, although Dallas has best K in NFL
I think though you have to dig deep, because on paper Dallas looks to be a much better team; however looking at it Philly on ST has Sproles giving them great starts on his punt returns, and their play also translates in bad starting position for the other team, as well as takeaways for them on ST. On D our secondary is better, but the Philly pass rush is so good that it forces QBs to make bad throws resulting in takeaways.

Here is the problem though, when the main reason Philly has been winning, their DLine pass rush, meets the main reason Dallas has been winning, their OL, which makes this a win? I think Dallas OL is great, however I think Philly DL (and I say DL meaning the OLB's in this 3-4 scheme also) and say they are really good but not anywhere near great. We will see though come turkey day.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the unexpected good start it is likely the Cowboys win more than 8 games this season. Murray and the ol are key. Must stay injury free all the way around. They can run the ball on anybody with murray running behind martin, smith and Frederick. I don't see a deep playoff run unless we start hitting the qbs more. But a playoff berth is possible

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking on to the next draft if I don't see a worthy s, dl then we got to take either a corner or another stud guard and shift Martin to rt.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking on to the next draft if I don't see a worthy s, dl then we got to take either a corner or another stud guard and shift Martin to rt.

I don't think you mess with the OL. I think they resign Free therefore creating cap space due to the voidable year he has on his contract next year. Just my opinion, as well as I been hearing the plan was never to put Martin on the outside unless Free struggled or can't get resigned for a reasonable contract, neither look to be the case.

The draft coming up, I'd go bpa we need talent, sure we need help on the DL; but if it were me, I'd decline the option on Melton and sign Suh to play the 3 tech. Don't be fooled by what many are saying about the Cowboys "cap problems" they are laughable honestly. Dallas will have more than enough cap to sign Dez, Murray, McClain, Carter, etc and still sign a guy like Suh and another big name if they'd like. I project a cap near 150, and with that Dallas will have currently in the 30's to sign players after declining options on Free and Melton, this doesn't even include restructure of Romo which if he finishes out year healthy and we win a playoff game they will do. Enjoy this year is all I can say, because it will either be a blessing or curse as to what happens in our future.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true question is, if Dallas wins a playoff game, does Jerry restructure Carrs contract and Romos contract and go after JPP and Suh or McCoy? I think with the addition of two of those three players you make Dallas the Super Bowl favorite as long as the draft class is good.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can put Foles and Romo in the same sentence either though. Romo is probably Hall of Fame when it's over with and Foles is at his best maybe Pro Bowl worthy? Foles has a long ways to go as a player and career goes, I don't see him as special though, who knows a year or two could change that. I think if we do the break down of Philly vs Dallas, Dallas would own majority of the selections:

QB- Dallas
RB- Dallas
WR- Dallas
TE- Dallas
OL- Dallas
DL- Philly
LB- Dallas
Secondary- Dallas
I think though you have to dig deep, because on paper Dallas looks to be a much better team; however looking at it Philly on ST has Sproles giving them great starts on his punt returns, and their play also translates in bad starting position for the other team, as well as takeaways for them on ST. On D our secondary is better, but the Philly pass rush is so good that it forces QBs to make bad throws resulting in takeaways.

Dallas does not look to be much better then Philly. Sorry dude.

QB DALLAS
RB EVEN Murray is having an MVP season but the OLine is dominating. You cant look over their careers and say Murray is better then McCoy especially since we are missing 2 star OLineman.
TE EAGLES Witten and Escobar are NOT better then Ertz and Celek. Witten is a hall of famer but right now he isnt better then Ertz.
WR DALLAS And Im saying Dallas because Dez is better then Maclin even though Maclin is having a better year. Just like Murray is having a great year but isnt better then McCoy. (Fair trade off) As a unit Dallas is better.
OLine EVEN When we have 1st team All Pro Jason Peters next to 1st team All Pro LG Evan Mathis and the best Center Ive ever seen in Jason Kelce I give the nod to Philly. Dallas OLine is excellent but I dont think one OLineman on Dallas is better then any Eagle with maybe the exception of a aging Herramins. Even is fair.
DLine Eagles And it aint close.
LB Eagles With Sean Lee Dallas is better but Demeco Ryans has been great, Michael Kendricks is an emerging star and Connor Barwin is a very good player. Maybe with Lee back I'd still go Eagles.
CB/Safety Are you kidding me. All four CBs and all four Safeties are mediocre to flat out bad. Both of our secondaries are terrible.
ST PHILLY easily

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe more I look at this the more I laugh. YOure joking with this right....

QB- Dallas
RB- Dallas
WR- Dallas
TE- Dallas
OL- Dallas
DL- Philly
LB- Dallas
Secondary- Dallas