• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys vs. Eagles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if I came on here and said McNabb is a Hall of Famer you'd probably object even though he has 10 times as many playoff wins and more division titles. Romo a Hall of Famer. Funny dude.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can put Foles and Romo in the same sentence either though. Romo is probably Hall of Fame when it's over with and Foles is at his best maybe Pro Bowl worthy? Foles has a long ways to go as a player and career goes, I don't see him as special though, who knows a year or two could change that. I think if we do the break down of Philly vs Dallas, Dallas would own majority of the selections:

QB- Dallas
RB- Dallas
WR- Dallas
TE- Dallas
OL- Dallas
DL- Philly
LB- Dallas
Secondary- Dallas
Special Teams- Philly, although Dallas has best K in NFL
I think though you have to dig deep, because on paper Dallas looks to be a much better team; however looking at it Philly on ST has Sproles giving them great starts on his punt returns, and their play also translates in bad starting position for the other team, as well as takeaways for them on ST. On D our secondary is better, but the Philly pass rush is so good that it forces QBs to make bad throws resulting in takeaways.

Dallas does not look to be much better then Philly. Sorry dude.

QB DALLAS
RB EVEN Murray is having an MVP season but the OLine is dominating. You cant look over their careers and say Murray is better then McCoy especially since we are missing 2 star OLineman.
TE EAGLES Witten and Escobar are NOT better then Ertz and Celek. Witten is a hall of famer but right now he isnt better then Ertz.
WR DALLAS And Im saying Dallas because Dez is better then Maclin even though Maclin is having a better year. Just like Murray is having a great year but isnt better then McCoy. (Fair trade off) As a unit Dallas is better.
OLine EVEN When we have 1st team All Pro Jason Peters next to 1st team All Pro LG Evan Mathis and the best Center Ive ever seen in Jason Kelce I give the nod to Philly. Dallas OLine is excellent but I dont think one OLineman on Dallas is better then any Eagle with maybe the exception of a aging Herramins. Even is fair.
DLine Eagles And it aint close.
LB Eagles With Sean Lee Dallas is better but Demeco Ryans has been great, Michael Kendricks is an emerging star and Connor Barwin is a very good player. Maybe with Lee back I'd still go Eagles.
CB/Safety Are you kidding me. All four CBs and all four Safeties are mediocre to flat out bad. Both of our secondaries are terrible.
ST PHILLY easily

I think that's a fair take. I would disagree on TE, you have to factor in that Witten and Escobar are two of the best blocking TE's in the league, I would give Dallas the edge at TE. If the Eagles OL is healthy, it is just as strong as the Cowboys OL. If you want to give the Eagles ST, that's fine, but the Cowboys have the best kicker in the NFL, period. Very close matchup