• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys think we had a bad draft!

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep great news. i hate the cowboys and now I have one more area to one up them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For the near term, I agree with them. I don't see any of the 49er draft picks contributing right away. For the long term, that remains to be seen. They drafted some guys who have potential. Harbaugh has made some good picks in the past and some really bad ones, so we'll see.

I disagree completely. I see Reid, McDonald, Patton playing good portions. If tank can recover he will see time as well.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree completely. I see Reid, McDonald, Patton playing good portions. If tank can recover he will see time as well.

He meant the real rookies that were taken after our first four picks. The first four rookies aren't real rookies because they were taken too high. Or something. It makes no sense. Or we have a secret plan to plug all those holes with random people off the street.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep, would have to think Reid will play a lot? not going to claim every snap from game one, but certainly enough to contribute.

don't know how much is 'good portions', but agree McDonald will get his reps too. not as much as Walker had last season, but certainly enough to consider him 'contributing'.

who was that guy drafted especially for ST's?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He meant the real rookies that were taken after our first four picks. The first four rookies aren't real rookies because they were taken too high. Or something. It makes no sense. Or we have a secret plan to plug all those holes with random people off the street.

oh ok, then Moody will play a lot of ST's.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, would have to think Reid will play a lot? not going to claim every snap from game one, but certainly enough to contribute.

don't know how much is 'good portions', but agree McDonald will get his reps too. not as much as Walker had last season, but certainly enough to consider him 'contributing'.

who was that guy drafted especially for ST's?

Moody.

Maybe he meant rookie's with last names starting with the letter L.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patton is only a project. I saw him once in college and he got shut down. I think they are looking at him down the road. McDonald has only played in a spread offense as a "wide tight end", he'll need a lot of work as well but could be a player someday. I agree with you that Reid could get playing time because the need there is so big. In my opinion though he took a huge step back last year at LSU from the season before. I'm not sure what we have in him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patton is only a project. I saw him once in college and he got shut down. I think they are looking at him down the road. McDonald has only played in a spread offense as a "wide tight end", he'll need a lot of work as well but could be a player someday. I agree with you that Reid could get playing time because the need there is so big. In my opinion though he took a huge step back last year at LSU from the season before. I'm not sure what we have in him.

you've changed your opinion on Reid contributing, and thats fine. what about Moody? if they drafted him specifically for ST's, doesn't he have a decent chance?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you've changed your opinion on Reid contributing, and thats fine. what about Moody? if they drafted him specifically for ST's, doesn't he have a decent chance?

I have to admit, I've never heard of him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Oh, ok. Well since you've given it so much study... Thank God we didn't pick up one of these guys:

Kansas State Wildcats vs. West Virginia Mountaineers - Box Score - October 20, 2012 - ESPN

West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Syracuse Orange - Box Score - December 29, 2012 - ESPN

Akron Zips vs. Tennessee Volunteers - Box Score - September 22, 2012 - ESPN

Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers - Box Score - October 20, 2012 - ESPN

Tennessee Volunteers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks - Box Score - October 27, 2012 - ESPN

Tennessee Volunteers vs. Georgia Bulldogs - Box Score - September 29, 2012 - ESPN

Tennessee Volunteers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs - Box Score - October 13, 2012 - ESPN

Tennessee Volunteers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - Recap - November 17, 2012 - ESPN

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re: Patton, one interesting thing I noted looking at his game logs just now. He played some of his best football in his team's three losses. In those games, he combined for 42 receptions for 539 yards and six TDs. His worst performance in those games was 181 yards and no TDs. And none of them was a blowout. They lost to A&M by two points, tied Utah then lost in OT, and Patton's second TD pulled them to within two points in the 4th quarter of the SJSU game before they surrendered another TD late. I find that pretty impressive. He's not a guy who padded his stats a ton in blowout wins - though he did some of that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What I was attempting to say was that I ONLY saw him once so don't know much about him.

Right. So we'll just have to see. He's going to have a real opportunity. Who knows what he'll do with it?