• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys @ Saints

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It not always ab
Come on now...12 points in their building...if we did that every week we'd be the 85 Bears
You can't take a simplistic view at just 12 points. NO controlled the ball on our defense thus not giving our offense many possessions. Is it too much to ask for a three and out and get us the ball back early at the end of a game??? The defense was not bad, but we need them to be clutch when the game is on the line.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will put on my tinfoil hat for a second.

Notice how they cut to commercial right after the Zeke fumble ..and when coverage returns it's already been decided the call stands ....and then you only get to see best replay once or twice.
NBC is really starting to do this too much. They are cutting to commercials before rulings or plays are completed. Annoying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another issue. How in the world do you keep running the ball into a brick wall on 1st down expecting something good to all of a sudden happen? We struggled throwing the ball, but anyone watching the game could see the run wasn't working and instead of giving the Offense an easier down to complete a pass by throwing on 1st down we kept running it and making it 2nd and 9. I would have liked to have seen us go no huddle, spread everything out and throw the ball almost every down to see if we could loosen things up a little and then maybe hit them with a run or two.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem with that. I think you are going to see more of the officials letting it go from now on instead of blowing it dead. It cost NO a TD a couple of weeks ago, by them blowing it dead. If they let it go and call it a fumble then it’s reviewed no matter what and nobody loses a challenge or anything. Of course the problem with that is will they overturn it and will there be exact evidence to overturn it. I mean I thought Zeke was down but then Collinsworth said the ball may have been moving?? When I heard may , that usually means not exact.
The PIs - I was wondering how they were going to work considering it seems u can make a case for a PI on just about every contested play.
That's the key because it wasn't about blowing it dead. The play was over either way because the defender was down if it was a fumble. It was about after the whistle the refs coming together and saying fumble or no fumble. When the replay just requires the official to make a decision you can call it that way, but when it requires definitive evidence to overturn you need to make the call on the field that you think is correct

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the key because it wasn't about blowing it dead. The play was over either way because the defender was down if it was a fumble. It was about after the whistle the refs coming together and saying fumble or no fumble. When the replay just requires the official to make a decision you can call it that way, but when it requires definitive evidence to overturn you need to make the call on the field that you think is correct

Why are we going for it there?? I keep reading all this conservative shit. There was nothing conservative about that at all.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It not always ab

You can't take a simplistic view at just 12 points. NO controlled the ball on our defense thus not giving our offense many possessions. Is it too much to ask for a three and out and get us the ball back early at the end of a game??? The defense was not bad, but we need them to be clutch when the game is on the line.
Man we must have watched different games. NO has Alvin Kamara, great WRs, a crazy good wildcat QB...and we held them to 4 FG's, despite two fumbles by the offense that set them up short field...this isn't Highland Park against Plano East, NO won last weekend at Seattle

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we going for it there?? I keep reading all this conservative shit. There was nothing conservative about that at all.
I probably would have punted personally because I'm not sure we go down and score if we get it, but I have no problem going for it there and look at it like 75% chance we make it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we must have watched different games. NO has Alvin Kamara, great WRs, a crazy good wildcat QB...and we held them to 4 FG's, despite two fumbles by the offense that set them up short field...this isn't Highland Park against Plano East, NO won last weekend at Seattle
If you just want to focus on the 12 points only, nothing else to say. The defense was not bad, just not good enough when it matters.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things really went downhill after the saints caused Witten to fumble. What I dont like is there are ways to call plays where you dont keep running the ball if you are getting stopped. Zeke had no room to run. The playcalling reminded me of how linehan called plays. Just lots of stupid legit penalties committed by the cowboys as well.. the sad part is the cowboys blew the opportunity to beat the saints.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just want to focus on the 12 points only, nothing else to say. The defense was not bad, just not good enough when it matters.
Quinn really gave the pass rush a jolt. Just not getting enough from the defensive tackles. They are not plugging the run. They are not getting much pressure.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else is there? Offense set NO up twice with fumbles, NO had goal to go situations, and they got zero TD's. If the Cowboys go to NO and they beed 13 points to win the game, how can you blame the defense...at all?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things really went downhill after the saints caused Witten to fumble. What I dont like is there are ways to call plays where you dont keep running the ball if you are getting stopped. Zeke had no room to run. The playcalling reminded me of how linehan called plays. Just lots of stupid legit penalties committed by the cowboys as well.. the sad part is the cowboys blew the opportunity to beat the saints.
I agree. It sure looked like either SL or Garrett were calling plays. I cant get over giving them the ball with six minutes left and they almost ran out the clock just running it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys lost a defensive game. I am not distraught over this. I dont think anyone thought we would go 16-0. Gonna have weeks like this.
Now granted the defensive game was in large part the refs calling BS or ticky tack calls on both teams. Those usually end drives, especially if defenses are playing decent.
Pass plays was gonna end with OPi or holding calls, which brings it to the running game.
The Saints kicked ass against Zeke, & Kamara played better against our line. The difference is in these facts.

Our team will always be as good as our line. pass or run. Our Line lost the battle of the trenches last night. Simple as that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys lost a defensive game. I am not distraught over this. I dont think anyone thought we would go 16-0. Gonna have weeks like this.
Now granted the defensive game was in large part the refs calling BS or ticky tack calls on both teams. Those usually end drives, especially if defenses are playing decent.
Pass plays was gonna end with OPi or holding calls, which brings it to the running game.
The Saints kicked ass against Zeke, & Kamara played better against our line. The difference is in these facts.

Our team will always be as good as our line. pass or run. Our Line lost the battle of the trenches last night. Simple as that.
yeah, the loss didn't bother me much either. Unlike most, I thought it was a 50/50 game and maybe at best. Us looking like the Offense we all thought we got rid of was what bothered me last night and I see people mentioning it above...I kept saying to myself last night it was like Linehan was back. It was like we didn't even attempt to throw the ball over 10 yards too much and kept running Zeke into a brick wall and not much in the passing game looked like it had any creativity. No chances for Pollard. Any attempts to Devin Smith or Austin in space to use their speed? I also think Cooper didn't look 100%. But, like I said, one game is one game. We will see if it is a trend or an aberration next week. Right now we are in the drivers seat and I'm happy with 3-1.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the loss didn't bother me much either. Unlike most, I thought it was a 50/50 game and maybe at best. Us looking like the Offense we all thought we got rid of was what bothered me last night and I see people mentioning it above...I kept saying to myself last night it was like Linehan was back. It was like we didn't even attempt to throw the ball over 10 yards too much and kept running Zeke into a brick wall and not much in the passing game looked like it had any creativity. No chances for Pollard. Any attempts to Devin Smith or Austin in space to use their speed? I also think Cooper didn't look 100%. But, like I said, one game is one game. We will see if it is a trend or an aberration next week. Right now we are in the drivers seat and I'm happy with 3-1.

Any winnable game that we lose, bothers me. Blow outs I can deal with better. We have lost too many close games with Garrett in charge.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very annoying loss. The defense did well considering how long they were on the field. The offense could not get going. Did not execute for most of the night. Reverted back to running on almost every 1st down. Too many mistakes, and it seemed like Garrett was calling the plays. The deep middle of the field was wide open and Jarwin could have had a huge game attacking the middle,but garrett too conservative. I been saying forever you attack early and often with the passing game, then kill clock with the running game. This game should have been won. With Tyron smith being out I hope we see Witten blocking on that side. But being pinhead Garret likely makes no adjustments.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any winnable game that we lose, bothers me. Blow outs I can deal with better. We have lost too many close games with Garrett in charge.
I just don't see anyway to blame Garrett unless he was telling Moore what to do and I don't see how that was the case. I'm very interested to see if Cooper practices in full on Wednesdy. I think he was playing hurt Sunday night.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see anyway to blame Garrett unless he was telling Moore what to do and I don't see how that was the case. I'm very interested to see if Cooper practices in full on Wednesdy. I think he was playing hurt Sunday night.
Garrett is the head coach. He is responsible for how the team is prepared. When it comes to close games, I never trust Garrett. He should have aided in offensive adjustments. Never mind, maybe he did..