• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys' Randy Gregory flunks another drug test

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did you just imply that ESPN or any other sports reporter wouldn't exaggerate for the sake of clicks?

Of course they want a story, but are you saying it's not possible he's let go ? Can you guarantee that ?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or guys who can show a young player how to not piss hot when they're smoking weed.

The rules are ridiculous. Who gives a shit if they smoke weed. I worked at one tech company and headquarters was coming down on the whole drug testing thing. We had directors arguing against it because they'd probably have to fire half of the engineers at the place.

The rules are stupid, but they are the rules!

I'll bet all of those engineers would lay off their gonja to make what NFL players do.

Stop with the God Damn pity party over here with people who can't follow directions!

Don't smoke weed, it's a dumb rule, but it is a rule. Deal with it or get a job that let's you smoke.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they want a story, but are you saying it's not possible he's let go ? Can you guarantee that ?

Nothing is impossible, but highly improbable for exactly the reasons I stated. There is little risk or harm in keeping him around. And if he can't stay off pot, then the indefinite suspension that would follow would make the decision for Dallas.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be banned from the NFL. Same goes for A. Smith. I dont know if it me but these players get dumber and dumber.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't the rules though. The league doesn't like failed drug tests either so they basically do it during training camp when everybody knows it's coming. Yes, only an idiot would smoke weed when they know the test is coming but the bottom line is there's no fucking point to it anymore. They don't test for hgh but they test for weed? It's stupid, hypocritical, and totally useless. Just call it what it is. And weed is a lot better than the pain killers they can get super-addictive prescriptions they could get from a doctor to deal with the pain. Just do away with it.

Regardless. It is a rule. Morons who can't follow the rule pay the price. Don't smoke weed until the league allows it and you will make millions. Why is that so hard?

This is not a "legalize it" issue. It is an accountability issue. Any player who gets suspended for failing or missing a drug test deserve to suffer the consequence because they understand they can't do it at this time.

Stupid rule? Sure. I have no problem if they change it. What I have a problem with is people trying to blame the league for a players inability to follow the rules.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Eaglesnut is going to defend this idiot too being that he plays for a division rival. Somehow I doubt it.

You forgot that I have the ethical and moral high ground in this debate. I'm consistent across the board. Randy Gregory is getting railroaded by a backwards league rule. The fans are being denied a talented player. The game suffers.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't the rules though. The league doesn't like failed drug tests either so they basically do it during training camp when everybody knows it's coming. Yes, only an idiot would smoke weed when they know the test is coming but the bottom line is there's no fucking point to it anymore. They don't test for hgh but they test for weed? It's stupid, hypocritical, and totally useless. Just call it what it is. And weed is a lot better than the pain killers they can get super-addictive prescriptions they could get from a doctor to deal with the pain. Just do away with it.

The league doesn't care about their players. They'll give them prescription drugs that ruin their organs long term instead of letting them use a successful thousands year old medicine.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't want idiots in the league may I suggest Ivy League Football for your viewing pleasure. You obviously aren't appreciative enough of the talent on the field at the NFL level.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rules are stupid, but they are the rules!

I'll bet all of those engineers would lay off their gonja to make what NFL players do.

Stop with the God Damn pity party over here with people who can't follow directions!

Don't smoke weed, it's a dumb rule, but it is a rule. Deal with it or get a job that let's you smoke.

Nobody benefits. People are hurt. It's dishonorable to support that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league doesn't care about their players. They'll give them prescription drugs that ruin their organs long term instead of letting them use a successful thousands year old medicine.

The leagues hands are tied. Even if they wanted to they can't endorse something that isn't legal.

Though I would like to see them leading the lobby for federal legalization, because it's a much safer option for pain and concussion relief than what they're currently endorsing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leagues hands are tied. Even if they wanted to they can't endorse something that isn't legal.

Though I would like to see them leading the lobby for federal legalization, because it's a much safer option for pain and concussion relief than what they're currently endorsing.

Not asking them to endorse it, just ignore it altogether. It doesn't need to be a word in their language. Although I agree with you that they could do a lot of good in the medical community if they came to their senses.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not asking them to endorse it, just ignore it altogether. It doesn't need to be a word in their language. Although I agree with you that they could do a lot of good in the medical community if they came to their senses.

It's not their choice. Like most companies (especially ones with high injury risk) it's their insurance companies that require it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it nose candy or the herb superb?

If it's the herb this is getting ridiculous.

LEGALIZE IT!!!!
Even if it become legal nationwide the NFL still has the right to not allow pot use by their players. The NFLPA could fight the NFL on this policy and get it approved in the next collective bargaining agreement.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. If the Cowboys are having trouble getting guys to pass a simple drug test, why doesn't Jerry hire them a tutor?
This is a problem with most NFL teams.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a 4th violation already and he has been in the league for how long?

It's a lot more than that. Flunking one test is a treatment program, no suspension. A 2nd is a fine. A 3rd is a bigger fine. I think it's 4 dirty tests (Not steroids, pot) before you actually get a suspension

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not their choice. Like most companies (especially ones with high injury risk) it's their insurance companies that require it.

Believe me, I understand that insurance companies are most responsible for ruining things. But that's also a cop out by the league.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it become legal nationwide the NFL still has the right to not allow pot use by their players. The NFLPA could fight the NFL on this policy and get it approved in the next collective bargaining agreement.

Hopefully but the NFLPA is nutless, spineless, and brainless.