• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys' Randy Gregory flunks another drug test

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. If the Cowboys are having trouble getting guys to pass a simple drug test, why doesn't Jerry hire them a tutor?
Calvin Hill has done a pretty good job...hard to hold him accountable with McClain or Gregory. That was the hand Jerry dealt him

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL like a boss.

"Suspend me? FINE!" *continues doing drugs*

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at 225 lbs, addiction or not.

Dallas throws second round picks away like they're nothing...there is the story.

In 2015, Gregory appeared in 12 games for the Cowboys and recorded 11 tackles and no sacks.
I think they should be able to fill this void

That's the truth. I said it before and I'll say it again. I think Jerry has an understanding with Stephen that Jerry keeps his grubby hands off the 1st rounders and Jerry gets to make the 2nd round pick. Every year we screw the 2nd up.

Gregory was too small and had drug problems, but we still took him. Stupid move then and now.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know on draft day there is a reason guys drop. As fans we sit there and wonder why this guy or that guy is still on the board and it plays out all the time. This is why he was a top 5 talent pick falling so hard. Hope he gets his shit together
The only reason you should take a chance on a guy like that is because you have a solid organization with quality individuals and players that can make a positive impression and help the young man. A good example is honey badger. The cards we thrashed for drafting him in the 3rd. Aside from the injuries, It turned out pretty decent for them. He was surrounded with guys that showed him what it takes to be a professional.

I'm not so sure the Cowboys have that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a few Cowboy fans posting on a different site that Dallas has a program for difficult players and have had a lot of success on 2nd chance players. Maybe I'm off... but I thought, who? Pac Man? TO? McClain? Gregory? Hardy? Who have they turned around for the better in their program? Let me know if I'm wrong. Dez has had some issues too but has seemed to settle in but he was a thorn a few times too.
I think Dez dodged a MAJOR bullet not get penalized in the Detroit playoff game. He should have been the reason they lost that game.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a few Cowboy fans posting on a different site that Dallas has a program for difficult players and have had a lot of success on 2nd chance players. Maybe I'm off... but I thought, who? Pac Man? TO? McClain? Gregory? Hardy? Who have they turned around for the better in their program? Let me know if I'm wrong. Dez has had some issues too but has seemed to settle in but he was a thorn a few times too.
I think Dez dodged a MAJOR bullet not get penalized in the Detroit playoff game. He should have been the reason they lost that game.

The babysitters did turn around Dez. And PacMan. And TO. Didn't matter much with Hardy. McClain and Gregory haven't worked out yet.

The babysitters have nothing to do with teh Detroit game

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason you should take a chance on a guy like that is because you have a solid organization with quality individuals and players that can make a positive impression and help the young man. A good example is honey badger. The cards we thrashed for drafting him in the 3rd. Aside from the injuries, It turned out pretty decent for them. He was surrounded with guys that showed him what it takes to be a professional.

I'm not so sure the Cowboys have that.

Either that or guys who can show a young player how to not piss hot when they're smoking weed.

The rules are ridiculous. Who gives a shit if they smoke weed. I worked at one tech company and headquarters was coming down on the whole drug testing thing. We had directors arguing against it because they'd probably have to fire half of the engineers at the place.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're saying he might not ever play for the Cowboy's again... Probably a little early to say that BUT it's looking like he could get the boot...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're saying he might not ever play for the Cowboy's again... Probably a little early to say that BUT it's looking like he could get the boot...

Does he take a roster spot while suspended?
Does he cost Dallas money while suspended?

So why cut him?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or guys who can show a young player how to not piss hot when they're smoking weed.

The rules are ridiculous. Who gives a shit if they smoke weed. I worked at one tech company and headquarters was coming down on the whole drug testing thing. We had directors arguing against it because they'd probably have to fire half of the engineers at the place.
Not smoking is a small price to pay in exchange for millions of dollars. I have no sympathy for idiots who can't follow simple rules.

I'm fine with it being a dumb rule. You can make that argument all day.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not smoking is a small price to pay in exchange for millions of dollars. I have no sympathy for idiots who can't follow simple rules.

I'm fine with it being a dumb rule. You can make that argument all day.

Those aren't the rules though. The league doesn't like failed drug tests either so they basically do it during training camp when everybody knows it's coming. Yes, only an idiot would smoke weed when they know the test is coming but the bottom line is there's no fucking point to it anymore. They don't test for hgh but they test for weed? It's stupid, hypocritical, and totally useless. Just call it what it is. And weed is a lot better than the pain killers they can get super-addictive prescriptions they could get from a doctor to deal with the pain. Just do away with it.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know on draft day there is a reason guys drop. As fans we sit there and wonder why this guy or that guy is still on the board and it plays out all the time. This is why he was a top 5 talent pick falling so hard. Hope he gets his shit together

Aaron Rodgers says hello

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's reportedly checked into a treatment facility and won't be going to camp, so it doesn't sound too good.

You don't do that for Maryjane. You do that because your...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know. And I get why they are saying that. They are paid in clicks, and that drives clicks.

They wouldn't say it if there wasn't a possibility .... That doesn't mean it's gonna happen but the possibility is there...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't say it if there wasn't a possibility .... That doesn't mean it's gonna happen but the possibility is there...

Wait, did you just imply that ESPN or any other sports reporter wouldn't exaggerate for the sake of clicks?