• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys preseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random, jumbled thoughts:
One thing that has stood out to me in the first two games is how poorly Gifford is playing. He was a guy I thought could be a starter. He seemed to have the instincts to make plays and was a good tackler. So far he has really struggled. Neal had a nice strip in coverage and Parsons and Cox again showed their athletic ability. In addition to his speed Parsons has good instincts (opposite of what a Penn State fan said on here after the draft) and is a lot tougher than I expected when he gets his nose in there. I can see why he was considered the best run stopper in the draft.

A lot of dropped passes by our WRs and none of the QBs look like they can save our season if Dak misses time. I was hoping Gilbert would play the entire first half. The protection wasn't great and we had those drops, but still he needs to do better against backups.

I thought Osa made some plays at both the 1 and 3 tech spots. Was surprised to see him over center some again. I also thought Bohanna did pretty well (except the stupid offsides) when he lined up as a 3 tech. Was surprised to see him there also after we read he wasn't going to move more than an inch from the center. Maybe we can shuffle guys around a little until Gallimore is back. That last almost sack he got to the QB almost immediately. He really looks quick for his size. That quickness must be why Quinn is moving him around a little - or maybe the Gallimore injury, Anae showed some pass rush, but also like most Cowboy DEs he also completely gave up his edge run assignment a couple of times.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have any idea how valuable a preseason game is in regards to player evaluation?

No practice could ever duplicate the intensity that you get in a preseason game.

Preseason is for their benefit ..not yours.
Did you eat a 2cd bowl of stupid this morning?
Dallas had 5 players injured last night. One with a " significant" injury.
Valuable my ass.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you eat a 2cd bowl of stupid this morning?
Dallas had 5 players injured last night. One with a " significant" injury.
Valuable my ass.

Relax dude, you are going to pop a blood vessel.

The top level conditioning of preseason is a necessary risk.
A ship in the harbor is safe ..but that is not what ships are built for.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Nsekhe has looked bad and now he's hurt. I'd cut him if he doesn't improve. I don't see him as a better option than some of our younger guys who may actually improve instead of decline. Hopefully we are on the waiver wire looking around if Ball won't be the answer this year due to injury or talent or we aren't comfortable with Knight or the others. We saw what happened last year. If we relive it then shame on our front office/coaches for not being prepared if one of our oft injured OTs goes down unless the plan is to kick Martin out. :scratch:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not able to watch game. Did see the highlights. Cedric Wilson looked good. The personal foul call on Anae was total bs. A clean hit to the chest. The ref needs a swift kick in the groin area for throwing that flag. Sloppy play by the offense. Dropped passes and fumbles.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact that ref with #52 on his uniform is always screwing the cowboys.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to be a homer in my assessment of this game. The defense stunk in the 4th quarter. Denucci while better still sucks. Disappointed,although the team had some good moments. The depth at DT is a major issue!!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random, jumbled thoughts:
One thing that has stood out to me in the first two games is how poorly Gifford is playing. He was a guy I thought could be a starter. He seemed to have the instincts to make plays and was a good tackler. So far he has really struggled. Neal had a nice strip in coverage and Parsons and Cox again showed their athletic ability. In addition to his speed Parsons has good instincts (opposite of what a Penn State fan said on here after the draft) and is a lot tougher than I expected when he gets his nose in there. I can see why he was considered the best run stopper in the draft.

A lot of dropped passes by our WRs and none of the QBs look like they can save our season if Dak misses time. I was hoping Gilbert would play the entire first half. The protection wasn't great and we had those drops, but still he needs to do better against backups.

I thought Osa made some plays at both the 1 and 3 tech spots. Was surprised to see him over center some again. I also thought Bohanna did pretty well (except the stupid offsides) when he lined up as a 3 tech. Was surprised to see him there also after we read he wasn't going to move more than an inch from the center. Maybe we can shuffle guys around a little until Gallimore is back. That last almost sack he got to the QB almost immediately. He really looks quick for his size. That quickness must be why Quinn is moving him around a little - or maybe the Gallimore injury, Anae showed some pass rush, but also like most Cowboy DEs he also completely gave up his edge run assignment a couple of times.
Parsons and Cox will be key players Cox was a steal IMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not able to watch game. Did see the highlights. Cedric Wilson looked good. The personal foul call on Anae was total bs. A clean hit to the chest. The ref needs a swift kick in the groin area for throwing that flag. Sloppy play by the offense. Dropped passes and fumbles.
Gallop again with drops. Patrick Crayton 2.0. Defense looks much better. They really are tackling well. Old drop foot took bad angles as usual. Not sold on any of our backup qb's.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bout all I got is:
Bohanna may not dress the first few games. Shit load of work needed and he doesn't seem like a guy running down on too many special team units.

Hope Quinn starts to see Jaylon will be game planned in pass coverage and is a 1st down waiting to happen. If they refuse to cut him then he must rush the passer when between the fat white lines.

My guy this draft, Golston...needs to get his ass on the field if he's going to make this team. My guy from last years draft, Reggie Robinson is history.

Onward thru the Fog!