• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys preseason

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a perfect example of how meaningless the pre-season.
Combined with no pre-season last year, it's a joke.
Nothing but a cash grab for owners.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a perfect example of how meaningless the pre-season.
Combined with no pre-season last year, it's a joke.
Nothing but a cash grab for owners.
I think letting your young guys play actual football for a few hours is a great way to see what they may or may not be, allows the team to get a better feel for the new defense and lets the coaches see if what they are teaching is getting through...etc...etc...

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think letting your young guys play actual football for a few hours is a great way to see what they may or may not be, allows the team to get a better feel for the new defense and lets the coaches see if what they are teaching is getting through...etc...etc...
Granted, but the coach's can see that in practice really.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, but the coach's can see that in practice really.
You have to play actual games against other teams. You cannot see everything in practice. There have been numerous practice warriors, who suck when they have to play actual games. Preseason also helps rookies and new players get use to schemes etc..

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to play actual games against other teams. You cannot see everything in practice. There have been numerous practice warriors, who suck when they have to play actual games. Preseason also helps rookies and new players get use to schemes etc..
There were no pre-season games last year, and they looked like they didn't miss a beat. Matter of fact, it seemed like all the teams played better, less flags, and less injuries, but I could be wrong. :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no pre-season games last year, and they looked like they didn't miss a beat. Matter of fact, it seemed like all the teams played better, less flags, and less injuries, but I could be wrong. :noidea:
I'm not so sure about that. Our defensive players didn't even know the defense last year and had no clue what their assignments were on half of the plays. It was so bad we had t o"dumb down" the defense mid-season. :scratch:

Not blaming that 100% on no preseason games but I think it played a role

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason can be important way to evaluate a player. I remember being very impressed with Dak in 2016.

The opposite is true with Ben Denuchi. Not impressed and I doubt this guy ever develops into even a 3rd string caliber NFL QB. No pocket awareness. Looks scared and the spotlight just too much . They need to sign a FA to replace him on practice squad.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you were looking at last year, but that team looked 100% like a team that missed OTA's and the preseason. Never missed a beat??? LOL

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason can be important way to evaluate a player. I remember being very impressed with Dak in 2016.

The opposite is true with Ben Denuchi. Not impressed and I doubt this guy ever develops into even a 3rd string caliber NFL QB. No pocket awareness. Looks scared and the spotlight just too much . They need to sign a FA to replace him on practice squad.

The light switch flipped for Dak very quickly. I loved Dak in college and thought he would be a good QB in the pros. Of course eveeything you read before the draft talked about his accuracy issues. He was compared a lot to Tebow ( Same college Coaches). Dan Mullen was Tebows OC at Florida. Many though thought he might be a back up.

Well I started to believe what I read. Then the Blue / White annual scrimmage came at the end of July. Dak led one team, while Jameil ?? Showers led the other team. Showers looked so much better that day. I remember Laufenberg talking about how green Dak was. The light flipped within 2 weeks, because he looked really good all preseason. The rest is great history.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. Our defensive players didn't even know the defense last year and had no clue what their assignments were on half of the plays. It was so bad we had t o"dumb down" the defense mid-season. :scratch:

Not blaming that 100% on no preseason games but I think it played a role
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the league as a whole, when the regular season started the other teams and officials didn't miss a beat. They all looked crisp and played well, with minimal flags. I even remember stating that to my wife after about 3 games into the regular season.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you were looking at last year, but that team looked 100% like a team that missed OTA's and the preseason. Never missed a beat??? LOL
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the league as a whole, when the regular season started the other teams and officials didn't miss a beat. They all looked crisp and played well, with minimal flags. I even remember stating that to my wife after about 3 games into the regular season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill has got to contribute this year!!!
I just don't expect him to ever really contribute. I still think he is not a guarantee to make the team. He has shown almost nothing in two years. The writers who talked about how he was playing well and improving last year until he was hurt seemed to be lying to make our draft pick look better or watching different games than I. If we hit on a few of our FAs and draft picks and no DTs get hurt, I'd almost be surprised to see him on the final 53. Maybe he gets stashed on injured reserve or something

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Williams isn’t making much of a case for being the backup center so far.

On another note, Isaiah Stanback is doing a very solid job as the #3 guy in the Cowboys announcing booth.