• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys preseason

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop wants to play at 15 lbs lighter than his norm.

Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) Tweeted:
Cowboys WR Amari Cooper said he weighs 215 pounds now. Wants to play at 210. Faster. “You might not even be able to see me running.” Has been 225 the past three seasons. Cooper’s goal is to have best season of football career. Not just words, he said. Actions been intentional. https://t.co/OTHSlLXJDo
This could be both good and bad. Being lighter could help his speed and agility, but considering he's often injured, it could get him injured easier.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks to me like Dallas may have hit big on some defensive help in the draft. If Hooker can stay healthy, and obviously Dak, people better look out. If the defense can improve to top 20 I think they win the division. Top 10 and they have a shot at the whole thing
I like Urban the former Bear. If Hooker is healthy I get him on the field ASAP. I agree that they got some serious help in the draft. I really not hearing much about the rookie defensive lineman . I guess we are about to find out!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop wants to play at 15 lbs lighter than his norm.

Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) Tweeted:
Cowboys WR Amari Cooper said he weighs 215 pounds now. Wants to play at 210. Faster. “You might not even be able to see me running.” Has been 225 the past three seasons. Cooper’s goal is to have best season of football career. Not just words, he said. Actions been intentional. https://t.co/OTHSlLXJDo
This could be both good and bad. Being lighter could help his speed and agility, but considering he's often injured, it could get him injured easier.
Since he has been with Dallas he usually has the types of injuries (foot/toe, ankle, knee/legs) that IMO less weight should help. He's talking about going down to 210lbs, not 170. So I think this is clearly a good thing :hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Urban the former Bear. If Hooker is healthy I get him on the field ASAP. I agree that they got some serious help in the draft. I really not hearing much about the rookie defensive lineman . I guess we are about to find out!
Those are the two I'm thinking will be the best moves. I jsut saw this on Hooker:

Current Contract
Malik Hooker signed a 1 year, $920,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including $490,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $920,000. In 2021, Hooker will earn a base salary of $920,000, while carrying a cap hit of $920,000 and a dead cap value of $490,000.

Wow. What an amazing deal for the team if he is healthy

About the draft picks, I learned my lesson years ago. I'll believe it when I see it. I am not expecting much week 1 impact from any of them other than Parsons. Hopefully one of the CBs and DL will be ready to contribute right away as rotation guys, but it's probably not too likely we get that impact early on from any other than Parsons...and that's fine for rookies

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the two I'm thinking will be the best moves. I jsut saw this on Hooker:

Current Contract
Malik Hooker signed a 1 year, $920,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including $490,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $920,000. In 2021, Hooker will earn a base salary of $920,000, while carrying a cap hit of $920,000 and a dead cap value of $490,000.

Wow. What an amazing deal for the team if he is healthy

About the draft picks, I learned my lesson years ago. I'll believe it when I see it. I am not expecting much week 1 impact from any of them other than Parsons. Hopefully one of the CBs and DL will be ready to contribute right away as rotation guys, but it's probably not too likely we get that impact early on from any other than Parsons...and that's fine for rookies
I think 2 of the rookie DB's will play a lot from the start. Parsons is going to be a superstar. Every camp report I see says he is already the best defensive player on the field along with Randy Gregory throughout camp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Fame game
So who is everyone most interested in seeing tonight?
For me as always it's the guys I haven't seen before. More so the rookies than the free agents. Game is meaningless of course and avoiding injuries as always is the most important thing. I'd like to see Wright and Joseph get a lot of PT. The main thing for me will be seeing Quinn's defensive alignment. Obviously it will be vanilla, but we still don't even know for sure exactly what he is running so just seeing who plays where will be something I am looking to find out.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Fame game
For me as always it's the guys I haven't seen before. More so the rookies than the free agents. Game is meaningless of course and avoiding injuries as always is the most important thing. I'd like to see Wright and Joseph get a lot of PT. The main thing for me will be seeing Quinn's defensive alignment. Obviously it will be vanilla, but we still don't even know for sure exactly what he is running so just seeing who plays where will be something I am looking to find out.
I'm interested in the Defensive rooks, and the BU QB. I think it will be Gilbert, unless Gucci greatly improved from last season.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Fame game
I am also interested in the defensive alignment and the rookies on defense. Also, like Manster, I want to see if Duncci has improved and or Gilbert is a decent #2 QB.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Gilbert has done nothing to embarrass himself. The red zone issues aside, he’s looking similar to what he did the last time he played the Steelers.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know I dont need to read much into this game, but with that said.

I see our Special teams is still one big pile of shit that needs much more work. LOL
Redzone looks just like our normal offense without Dak. (we better not lose Dak)

I kinda assume people fumbling footballs out there has probably downgraded themselves for the next set of cuts.
Other than that. The game was probably not very useful in evaluating anything. Was kinda hoping to see something to peak my positiveness, but I didnt. Meaningless or not.

Steelers can get rid of their kicker from this game. probably the only definite from this game LOL

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know I dont need to read much into this game, but with that said.

I see our Special teams is still one big pile of shit that needs much more work. LOL
Redzone looks just like our normal offense without Dak. (we better not lose Dak)

I kinda assume people fumbling footballs out there has probably downgraded themselves for the next set of cuts.
Other than that. The game was probably not very useful in evaluating anything. Was kinda hoping to see something to peak my positiveness, but I didnt. Meaningless or not.

Steelers can get rid of their kicker from this game. probably the only definite from this game LOL
Both teams can cut those kickers. Wright and Cox made plays and Osa Odighizuwa played a lot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game, but not impressed with any of our back up QB's.
Obviously an early preseason game isn't an indicator of what is to come, but QB play started poorly and got worse as the game went on. Gilbert had zero awareness of what was going on around him in the red zone. Rush was the exact same Rush we all have come to expect and Dinucci was horrendous. Does Dinucci think he is Kent Tekulve or something?

Someone remind me why our punter (or at least one of our punters) is kicking. Did we lose a bet or something? I know Z is out but there are a million real kickers out there hoping to get brought into someone's camp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams can cut those kickers. Wright and Cox made plays and Osa Odighizuwa played a lot.
Wright was beat a couple of times (once inside when he was in isolation on a blitz and twice he let his guy get behind him but honestly neither was too bad) and kept throwing his hands up in the air mid-play for God knows what reason. Maybe to say I'm not touching him? It's Football not mime school. Cox looked really slow most of the game and got stuck on a few blocks that I saw. Like he didn't really know what to do or was thinking too much. But that last drive it looked like maybe something clicked and he had two good plays in the red zone - one rushing the QB OOB and into a poor throw and the other was right before that on the opposite side of the field. He also had one play earlier where he stuffed a hole nicely which was nice because I wasn't sure about him doing that at this level. He played a lot so I was hoping to see a little bit more from him. But, I read he wasn't getting a lot of snaps in practice so a slow start maybe should be expected. Osa is tough to grade. He looked like he held up OK at the LOS but didn't move much laterally or up the field. He had that one great penetration play he blew up for a loss which was really nice.

Is it just me or does Bohanna look like he is down to about 285lbs? What happened to the fat guy we drafted to clog the middle?

Overall, other than the red zone play and kicking games, I thought it was OK. I didn't see any injuries and we got a lot of snaps for our 2's, 3's and 4's which is really all you want from the HOF game. I found myself having to look at the roster more than usual to know who guys were. I guess a combination of the turnover and # changes this year or was it just me?

Glad to have football back and to start it with a Cowboy game

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wright was beat a couple of times (once inside when he was in isolation on a blitz and twice he let his guy get behind him but honestly neither was too bad) and kept throwing his hands up in the air mid-play for God knows what reason. Maybe to say I'm not touching him? It's Football not mime school. Cox looked really slow most of the game and got stuck on a few blocks that I saw. Like he didn't really know what to do or was thinking too much. But that last drive it looked like maybe something clicked and he had two good plays in the red zone - one rushing the QB OOB and into a poor throw and the other was right before that on the opposite side of the field. He also had one play earlier where he stuffed a hole nicely which was nice because I wasn't sure about him doing that at this level. He played a lot so I was hoping to see a little bit more from him. But, I read he wasn't getting a lot of snaps in practice so a slow start maybe should be expected. Osa is tough to grade. He looked like he held up OK at the LOS but didn't move much laterally or up the field. He had that one great penetration play he blew up for a loss which was really nice.

Is it just me or does Bohanna look like he is down to about 285lbs? What happened to the fat guy we drafted to clog the middle?

Overall, other than the red zone play and kicking games, I thought it was OK. I didn't see any injuries and we got a lot of snaps for our 2's, 3's and 4's which is really all you want from the HOF game. I found myself having to look at the roster more than usual to know who guys were. I guess a combination of the turnover and # changes this year or was it just me?

Glad to have football back and to start it with a Cowboy game

Nope, not just you on the numbers thing. The problem with me was , i could never find a numerical roster. Buck and Aikman werent a big help either, especially with the defensive guys. Of course they had other things going on too with all of the interviews. Hey , it was football at least. I liked the RBs. They looked quick. Gregory looked cool on the sideline in that bucket hat. Damn, i hope he has a good year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not just you on the numbers thing. The problem with me was , i could never find a numerical roster. Buck and Aikman werent a big help either, especially with the defensive guys. Of course they had other things going on too with all of the interviews. Hey , it was football at least. I liked the RBs. They looked quick. Gregory looked cool on the sideline in that bucket hat. Damn, i hope he has a good year.
I had the team website open on my iPad to the roster and sorted it by # so I just kept scrolling up and down

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Jaylon and Micah.

I watched that fumble recovery back a few times in slo-mo. It's really no big deal that Micah recovered a fumble of course as a lot of times it's just being at the right place at the right time. But if you recorded the game go back and watch the angle where the camera is coming from behind the LOS and the two players are facing you and look at both carefully. Right before the ball hits the ground Micah is in an aggressive football position and Jaylon looks like he is doing what we used to call in HS Football the "foot fire" drill. WTF is he doing out there? The ball hits the ground and Parsons immediately moves towards it with no hesitation, while Jaylon is looking like that cartoon character saying "which way did he go George". That split second is the difference between making a play and not making a play. I don't know how else to some up why Jalon is not a good player. It's always too much wasted movement and body parts flailing around. It's like he has no actual instincts.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not watch game, but the lone highlight I watched was number 41 getting beat deep,although it clearly was offensive PI by the Steeler wideout and no flag. You bet your ass if a cowboys receiver did that the flags would have been flying all over the field. Denucci 7-17 with a pick did not surprise me. He stinks. He will be on practice squad or cut. Rush also sucks. Gilbert was ok but not great I am not getting too excited one way or the other.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Jaylon and Micah.

I watched that fumble recovery back a few times in slo-mo. It's really no big deal that Micah recovered a fumble of course as a lot of times it's just being at the right place at the right time. But if you recorded the game go back and watch the angle where the camera is coming from behind the LOS and the two players are facing you and look at both carefully. Right before the ball hits the ground Micah is in an aggressive football position and Jaylon looks like he is doing what we used to call in HS Football the "foot fire" drill. WTF is he doing out there? The ball hits the ground and Parsons immediately moves towards it with no hesitation, while Jaylon is looking like that cartoon character saying "which way did he go George". That split second is the difference between making a play and not making a play. I don't know how else to some up why Jalon is not a good player. It's always too much wasted movement and body parts flailing around. It's like he has no actual instincts.

The 2018 jaylon likely will never be seen again. He is not even in the top 3 on the roster as far as line backers go. Parsons is going to be a force.