• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys preseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about Danny White...3 straight NFC Championship Games and only needed Drew Pearson to break away from a one hand jersey grab at midfield to defeat Joe Montana and the Niners and likely go on to win the Super Bowl and possibly be looked at as a HOFer.
For Romo...I think if the Dez catch is ruled a catch he had a legit shot at winning a Super Bowl and if he is inserted back as starter when he came back Dak's rookie year, he had another legit shot. He did some bonehead shit early in his career but he developed into a truly great QB that injuries derailed. Either guy was as good as any Skins QB the last 50 years

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about Danny White...3 straight NFC Championship Games and only needed Drew Pearson to break away from a one hand jersey grab at midfield to defeat Joe Montana and the Niners and likely go on to win the Super Bowl and possibly be looked at as a HOFer.
For Romo...I think if the Dez catch is ruled a catch he had a legit shot at winning a Super Bowl and if he is inserted back as starter when he came back Dak's rookie year, he had another legit shot. He did some bonehead shit early in his career but he developed into a truly great QB that injuries derailed. Either guy was as good as any Skins QB the last 50 years
Romo was really good. I would never call him great.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was really good. I would never call him great.
And the same for White. If either was "great" they would have had more success because they had their chances. Neither was HOF worthy, but I liked both and we were lucky to have both.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny White had a much better supporting cast.than Romo did. I got Romo rated ahead of White . Romo had a terrible OL and defense for years. The Defense never stepped up when it really mattered while Romo was QB. Romo was done physically by the time the OL got good.

Really though the best QBs are obviously Staubach and Aikman. The gap is huge between the two hall of famers and White and Romo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny White had a much better supporting cast.than Romo did. I got Romo rated ahead of White . Romo had a terrible OL and defense for years. The Defense never stepped up when it really mattered while Romo was QB. Romo was done physically by the time the OL got good.

Really though the best QBs are obviously Staubach and Aikman. The gap is huge between the two hall of famers and White and Romo.
White indeed had a better team around him, but he also had more success than Romo. Because of that, I don't necessarily declare one better just based on the team around them. I give White the edge for his punting!!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the same for White. If either was "great" they would have had more success because they had their chances. Neither was HOF worthy, but I liked both and we were lucky to have both.
I agree. Same for white.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can make any space, seems like it would be nice to add Sherman.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass. He's not the same Sherman as he was in Seattle and The Players in Baltimore wanted him gone. When the guys on the field with you want you gone, that's an extremely loud message.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass. He's not the same Sherman as he was in Seattle and The Players in Baltimore wanted him gone. When the guys on the field with you want you gone, that's an extremely loud message.
He really is a douche for sure. I won't be sad if they don't but also don't think our defense is there yet either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. He isn't what he was but still would be our best DB in 2021. A veteran DB on this team would be huge. I think a guy like Sherman would get the most out of these young DBs just by being on the filed with them because they would be trying to impress him and listen to him. We already know Wright wants to be him and I'm sure the others would love playing with him also. Adding a veteran Safety would be even better from a starting talent perspective. The problem is, as you point out, the cap. Crazy to think our season may ride on the achilles tendon of a marginal FS. It's easy to second guess any draft but the Trystan Hill over Thornhill pick is still a tough one for me to come to grips with...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. He isn't what he was but still would be our best DB in 2021. A veteran DB on this team would be huge. I think a guy like Sherman would get the most out of these young DBs just by being on the filed with them because they would be trying to impress him and listen to him. We already know Wright wants to be him and I'm sure the others would love playing with him also. Adding a veteran Safety would be even better from a starting talent perspective. The problem is, as you point out, the cap. Crazy to think our season may ride on the achilles tendon of a marginal FS. It's easy to second guess any draft but the Trystan Hill over Thornhill pick is still a tough one for me to come to grips with...
Totally agree. I was not happy when we drafted Hill over Thornhill. Thornhill was the guy I wanted with that pick. I do think that kazee will be better than Woods. Woods just seemed like a cancer to the team with the attitude

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake, I confused Sherman with Thomas. Ravens players were glad when he was gone. That said, I still don't want to bring in a 33 year old Sherman.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake, I confused Sherman with Thomas. Ravens players were glad when he was gone. That said, I still don't want to bring in a 33 year old Sherman.
I dont know of many instances where a 33 year old FA corner has come in and played at a high level.. I doubt Jerry would allow this to happen,due to previous comments Sherman has made about Jerry. I like Sherman as a player though. Who knows maybe Wright or the SC defensive back can be Quinns Sherman. Not likely,but stranger things have happened. Imukurama or whatever his name is has impressive ball skills. I happen to like the additions we made on defense.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a bit torn here. On one hand I think preseason helps with players timing, but on the other hand I don't want Dallas to risk injury to Dak in meaningless games.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a bit torn here. On one hand I think preseason helps with players timing, but on the other hand I don't want Dallas to risk injury to Dak in meaningless games.
Let him loose I say.
A Qb is only as a good as his confidence. he hasnt played in forever. let him get any insecurities out in preseason.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him loose I say.
A Qb is only as a good as his confidence. he hasnt played in forever. let him get any insecurities out in preseason.
That's part of why I'm torn. I want him to get reps, but I also want him 100% before he fully tests that ankle.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks to me like Dallas may have hit big on some defensive help in the draft. If Hooker can stay healthy, and obviously Dak, people better look out. If the defense can improve to top 20 I think they win the division. Top 10 and they have a shot at the whole thing