• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys preseason

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game,but just watched the highlights. Defense was not bad. Cox once again was around the football.. I liked the blitzing. Pollard looked real good as did Jarwin

The backup OL really not impressive. Steele is still a bum and why is this guy wasting a roster spot? . Denucci is flat out garbage. They need to look for a different QB to develop. He is terrible.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a hunch the defense will be much improved. Rooks like Parsons,Cox,Osa,Wright,Joseph,mukamaare impressing me this pre season. Osa is going to seize the 3tech spot starting job is my prediction. He is just so disruptive in run defense. Parsons is a future All-pro IMO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a hunch the defense will be much improved. Rooks like Parsons,Cox,Osa,Wright,Joseph,mukamaare impressing me this pre season. Osa is going to seize the 3tech spot starting job is my prediction. He is just so disruptive in run defense. Parsons is a future All-pro IMO
I think it has improved also. Hell by default it has to.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...there will be growing pains but several rookies look like they can play key roles this season. In addition, last night Bradlee Anae got noticed in a good way. Malik Hooker looked good running around. It's going to get very interesting come cut time.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Joseph will be ready for substantial playing time early this season.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I have selective memory but can't remember the last time I saw a Cowboy LB blitz up the middle while taking on two OLineman, push one of them down and damn near chase the QB down for a sack. If that play is any indication of how Parsons will be, this defense will be better than Washington's, a defense that talking heads in the media seem to think walks on water.

Note: I don't doubt Washington's talent on D, but I saw them last year. Any time they faced an offense with a pulse, they weren't that good. They gave up 30 or more several times. That's not the mark of an elite D.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I have selective memory but can't remember the last time I saw a Cowboy LB blitz up the middle while taking on two OLineman, push one of them down and damn near chase the QB down for a sack. If that play is any indication of how Parsons will be, this defense will be better than Washington's, a defense that talking heads in the media seem to think walks on water.

Note: I don't doubt Washington's talent on D, but I saw them last year. Any time they faced an offense with a pulse, they weren't that good. They gave up 30 or more several times. That's not the mark of an elite D.
And the QB Parsons was chasing was pretty fast which made it even more impressive and every game he has had like 3 or 4 highlight plays but he is only playing a handful of plays. He is already our most talented defensive player. I'm not saying he is our best defender because we need to see it in real games, but the talent is clearly there.

As far as the second part I hope you are right but I can't agree at this point. Washington's DL is fantastic and they already have their young superstar in Chase Young. IMO if we had Washington's defense we dominate and may win the SB. I'd be happy with not just being one of the 10 worst defenses (or 3ish worst like last year) and if all of the rookies play as well as they seem to be so far and if one of our FA FSs steps up and we improve 10 fold at stopping the run and the pass, we could be lower middle of the pack to middle of the pack and that would be good enough to make us a playoff team and from there who knows. Right now we are still a defense starting Jaylon Smith in our base D and probably a crap CB and too few top end players in my eyes so I don't see us as middle of the pack or anywhere near as good as Washington, but I do see the potential and am not writing this defense off. We have a lot of guys on defense that I am really rooting for including a bunch of our rookies and all 4 of our LBs that will play in the nickel. Hopefully it all gels together and you can look back on this statement and say "I told you so"

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Parsons looks like the same guy that dominated that bowl game. His skills have translated to the NFL level.

I tend to agree about WFT defense. They did not have to face Dak,Martin,Smith,Collins,Jarwin and they even needed a cheap shot to get Denucci into the game.

I am not saying the WFT sucks ,but let's see them do it when they are not playing half of the Cowboys practice squad offense. Denucci may be the worst QB in the entire league and makes defenses look better than they are including WFT last season.. They need to just give Rush and Gilbert snaps the rest of pre season and quit wasting time on Denucci.