• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins hurts knee in Vegas, Shams reports torn ACL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT makes over $18m this season. You expect the Cavs to throw that money away?

Please please please make a bet with me. 1 year av?

Be careful or bucky-boy will put you on ignore if you ruffle his feathers too much.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful or bucky-boy will put you on ignore if you ruffle his feathers too much.

He might have already. He's not responding. Which means he knows he's full of shit, or I just triggered his sad little ass.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers 2019-20 Team Preview And Win Total Pick

"Don’t be surprised if the Cavs tank this season and trade or buyout as many veterans as they can, in hopes of getting the number one pick."

Yeah, some, but did you not understand what he meant when he wrote this? -
"Tristan Thompson could be an interesting trade asset for the Cavs depending on who is buying. I’m almost positive he won’t stay on the team long if a contender wants to scoop him up as a short term rental."

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for the Lakers shouldn't be whether Tristan Thompson will come up to a buy out agreement with the CAVs after they find out that there is no potential buyer as to trade him, but rather what salary they are prepared to pay in order to extend his contract for the following seasons...

That said the possibility of John Wall (another Klutch) coming up with an agreement with the Wizards as to release him later this season or early in the next, also looks extremely possible.

Therefore the Lakers have to decide what amount of salaries are prepared to set as the roof for the seasons that follow...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for the Lakers shouldn't be whether Tristan Thompson will come up to a buy out agreement with the CAVs after they find out that there is no potential buyer as to trade him, but rather what salary they are prepared to pay in order to extend his contract for the following seasons...

That said the possibility of John Wall (another Klutch) coming up with an agreement with the Wizards as to release him later this season or early in the next, also looks extremely possible.

Therefore the Lakers have to decide what amount of salaries are prepared to set as the roof for the seasons that follow...

I don't think you understand the word "possibility". John Wall just signed a HUGE contract extension and you expect him and Washington to come to terms on a buyout of his $171M contract just to go to the Lakers to play for the minimum?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand the word "possibility". John Wall just signed a HUGE contract extension and you expect him and Washington to come to terms on a buyout of his $171M contract just to go to the Lakers to play for the minimum?

And considering THAT injury and THAT contract...why the hell would the Lakers want him?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was bought out, recovered and cheap? Sure. But that's the ONLY way.

Which brings us back to your point about the Wizards and Wall trying to negotiate a $171 million buyout.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I think it's you that don't understand...

To start with, Wall's salary for this season will be paid by the Wizards, whatever Vet. Min salary he is paid from the Lakers as to sign is extra (for this season and on top of his already guaranteed salary)... Then the buy out is a different matter altogether... If -say- Wall agrees in a buyout with the Wizzards for half the amount he is owned and he refuses his P.O. with the Wizards for the 4th season of his contract, then his salary for the two following seasons the Wizards can stretch over five seasons for half the amount he is owned... Then the Lakers can extend him to a new contract on a new salary that will start from the next season at -say- 60% of his previous salary remaining amount, which means that Wall ends up making even more money, although the Lakers would pay much less than the Wizards did...

Same with Thompson... if he agrees to a contract buy out that drops -say- 6 to 8M back to the Cavs, the Cavs can then stretch the remaining amount over the next 3 seasons and save some money, Tristan can then make some amount back and lose some 4-5M out of this season, but if he signs an extension with the Lakers over the following 3-4 seasons, it can be for whatever amount they agree...

Therefore it all comes down to how much money the Lakers are prepared to spend in salaries and tax over the following seasons in order to built up a "super-super team" ...only to have Giannis beating them:lol: for the title... :scratch::suds::heh:

Common... it's not so difficult to think after all!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think it's you that don't understand...

To start with, Wall's salary for this season will be paid by the Wizards, whatever Vet. Min salary he is paid from the Lakers as to sign is extra (for this season and on top of his already guaranteed salary)... Then the buy out is a different matter altogether... If -say- Wall agrees in a buyout with the Wizzards for half the amount he is owned and he refuses his P.O. with the Wizards for the 4th season of his contract, then his salary for the two following seasons the Wizards can stretch over five seasons for half the amount he is owned... Then the Lakers can extend him to a new contract on a new salary that will start from the next season at -say- 60% of his previous salary remaining amount, which means that Wall ends up making even more money, although the Lakers would pay much less than the Wizards did...

Same with Thompson... if he agrees to a contract buy out that drops -say- 6 to 8M back to the Cavs, the Cavs can then stretch the remaining amount over the next 3 seasons and save some money, Tristan can then make some amount back and lose some 4-5M out of this season, but if he signs an extension with the Lakers over the following 3-4 seasons, it can be for whatever amount they agree...

Therefore it all comes down to how much money the Lakers are prepared to spend in salaries and tax over the following seasons in order to built up a "super-super team" ...only to have Giannis beating them:lol: for the title... :scratch::suds::heh:

Common... it's not so difficult to think after all!

source.gif