• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins hurts knee in Vegas, Shams reports torn ACL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for his "shit" attitude, he wouldn't have fallen so far from grace. He's still a usable defender/rebounder in the post (really what should've been his role all along, but he thought he was going to be a lot more).
He really had the wrong attitude when he played with Kobe Bryant. Clearly Kobe needed to be the leader and set the pace of the game. Had he done that, then I think Chris Paul might have very well signed with the Lakers when he was free agent. I would still take Dwight over Carmelo as long he either one understands and agrees, they are coming off the bench and have to play - not stop the ball movement. I do think Howard is capable of that, but I don't think Carmelo is

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idiot is still acting like he understands the NBA. How cute.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Thompson agree to a buyout with the Cavs and join the Lakers (which is the most probable scenario depending on what contract extension are the Lakers willing to offer in order to sign Thompson), if the Lakers aren't prepared to offer a good contract to Thompson, a good choice would be to get that DPE and use it to sign Tyler Zeller...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Thompson agree to a buyout with the Cavs and join the Lakers (which is the most probable scenario depending on what contract extension are the Lakers willing to offer in order to sign Thompson), if the Lakers aren't prepared to offer a good contract to Thompson, a good choice would be to get that DPE and use it to sign Tyler Zeller...

Lakers can offer the vet min, nothing more. They have an open roster spot, so they don't need the DPE (and probably aren't eligible for it).

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers can offer the vet min, nothing more. They have an open roster spot, so they don't need the DPE (and probably aren't eligible for it).
If the Lakers apply for a DPE (which will surely be approved - it always is in these cases) the Lakers are gaining an extra open roster spot (because with the DPE they can have 16 roster spots)... But the DPE can be used as a trade exception too, which then means that the Lakers can trade in order to get a big (or other position) after Dec. the 15th, but still can still add a "big" on a vet. min. out of free agency...

In any case, getting the DPE it does no harm (because they don't have to use it) but it's good to have because it opens up a roster spot without having to waive the player...

As for offering a contract extension to Thompson, it doesn't mean that the Lakers can offer a more than vet. min to Thompson for this season... It means that they have to offer him a good contract extension for the 2/3/4 seasons that follow if he is gonna drop some 5-7M to the Cavs and be released in free agency...

Therefore Thompson is the most probable candidate to join the Lakers... It's just that on some their brain doesn't work as to see it...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are talking basketball! Is your sis still complaining it was r*pe?
source.gif

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... don't take it personally buddy... I was just talking about basketball, like you did before and therefore asked if your sis insists it was a r*pe... see?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... don't take it personally buddy... I was just talking about basketball, like you did before and therefore asked if your sis insists it was a r*pe... see?

just shut up and go to bed.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You try too hard.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers seem to be signing Howard on a non guaranteed deal... Clearly a temporary solution that isn't expected to last for the whole season...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers seem to be signing Howard on a non guaranteed deal... Clearly a temporary solution that isn't expected to last for the whole season...

If it's not expected to last the whole season then why do it?

How about you man up and admit you were wrong again?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it's a non-guaranteed contract because of Dwight's history of creating drama and issues. It came with a warning that if he starts his shit...he's gone.

The intent is for him to be with the team for the entire season. If he has no issues and plays well, he will be with the team for the entire season.

Amazing that you can't even get the easy ones right.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably give it until Christmas for the Cavs to drop the idea that they can probably trade Thompson and certainly no more that Feb's trade deadline... The sooner they will realize that Thompson is not trade-able, the more the money they can save out of his salary in a buy out agreement so that Thompson can join the Lakers and Howard be waived again...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably give it until Christmas for the Cavs to drop the idea that they can probably trade Thompson and certainly no more that Feb's trade deadline... The sooner they will realize that Thompson is not trade-able, the more the money they can save out of his salary in a buy out agreement so that Thompson can join the Lakers and Howard be waived again...

TT makes over $18m this season. You expect the Cavs to throw that money away?

Please please please make a bet with me. 1 year av?