• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. This isn't about what I think. It's about the points you used in perversely concluding that he wasn't worth keeping when in fact they speak for themselves.

Are you for real?

But I didn't conclude he wasn't worth keeping. Soooo what are you talking about?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't have anything to do with kirk. Kirk isnt a crappy qb with little experience and absolutely no accuracy or pocket presence. At no point did I even suggest keeping cousins is remotely similar to signing brock. Whooosh

You may not have meant it, but you did tie it in. If you're clarifying that now, that should settle the issue. I'll agree with you there that Kirk >>> Brock and the Texans were bat sh#t insane for signing him to that type of a deal.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I didn't conclude he wasn't worth keeping. Soooo what are you talking about?

You said that those weren't factors that should convince you to keep him. The problem is that those are precisely why we should.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH oh.. can i play??

I will say that deep down, as the team sits, you know keeping Cousins is probably best for the team.
But i also think, you wish there was another realistic option.

If the team resigns him long term, you will accept it, but IM not convinced you would be happy with the move.

No I think I'd be pretty happy. I mean I wish aaron rodgers was just handed to us for a 7th round pick but so do you. That's not reality though.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not have meant it, but you did tie it in. If you're clarifying that now, that should settle the issue. I'll agree with you there that Kirk >>> Brock and the Texans were bat sh#t insane for signing him to that type of a deal.

I'm clarifying it because you can't read. It was pretty clear originally. Did you also think I compared cousins to Goff?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm clarifying it because you can't read. It was pretty clear originally. Did you also think I compared cousins to Goff?

It certainly was not, and it pushed a quite different point. It wasn't clearly so, but by implication by mixing up Osweiler with your other points. Just admit that, as we all have, were just a bit unclear. No mortal sin in that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that those weren't factors that should convince you to keep him. The problem is that those are precisely why we should.

No. They aren't. That's my point. Those are the bad reasons to keep kirk. Which is where we started this whole ordeal. And what 50? Posts later you still haven't even tried to defend a single one of the listed points. So unless you're about to do that now I think I'm done. It's been fun as always though, bud.

Until your next misreading of one of my posts.. :suds:

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They aren't. That's my point. Those are the bad reasons to keep kirk. Which is where we started this whole ordeal. And what 50? Posts later you still haven't even tried to defend a single one of the listed points. So unless you're about to do that now I think I'm done. It's been fun as always though, bud.

Until your next misreading of one of my posts.. :suds:

Sure, Vinny. Sometimes you don't need an argument to make a point when what you've raised is glaringly obvious. But hey, ask a guy to make an "argument" about a point that his first impression of a woman is her beauty. Make an argument, man, right?

Hello?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think I'd be pretty happy. I mean I wish aaron rodgers was just handed to us for a 7th round pick but so do you. That's not reality though.

See actually IM NOT a huge fan of the Superman QB any more. Because I have seen too many times where Superman goes out, or has an off day and the whole team flounders. And it irks me when we TRY and make Kirk into that guy. I honestly think, fix the areas that ail our run game (Redzone, short yardage), and get us a defense that can actually play defense... and Kirk becomes more than enough. Kirk will likely never be Rogers. But I think he fits into the Matt Stafford, Alex Smith, Rivers, Palmer and dare I say Brees range rather nicely. I can live with, and would be quite pleased with NOT chasing the elite QB for another 20 years.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See actually IM NOT a huge fan of the Superman QB any more. Because I have seen too many times where Superman goes out, or has an off day and the whole team flounders. And it irks me when we TRY and make Kirk into that guy. I honestly think, fix the areas that ail our run game (Redzone, short yardage), and get us a defense that can actually play defense... and Kirk becomes more than enough. Kirk will likely never be Rogers. But I think he fits into the Matt Stafford, Alex Smith, Rivers, Palmer and dare I say Brees range rather nicely. I can live with, and would be quite pleased with NOT chasing the elite QB for another 20 years.

Ahhhhhh, not Alex Smith! That's the very low end of that spectrum and he shouldn't be included. Brees, of course, tops it out, and it would be great to see him reach his levels.

And Brees is a shining example of how a Hall of Fame QB who's got no support can only do so much for his team.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So are you saying you'd rather have kirk cousins than aaron rodgers?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhhhh, not Alex Smith! That's the very low end of that spectrum and he shouldn't be included. Brees, of course, tops it out, and it would be great to see him reach his levels.

And Brees is a shining example of how a Hall of Fame QB who's got no support can only do so much for his team.

Yea, but I was mostly setting a range. And if Im not mistaken, Alex Smith is in the playoffs this year and the Chefs are the #2 seed in the AFC. Not too bad for a pedestrian QB as some would call him.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but I was mostly setting a range. And if Im not mistaken, Alex Smith is in the playoffs this year and the Chefs are the #2 seed in the AFC. Not too bad for a pedestrian QB as some would call him.

Both San Fran and KC have used him really well. But he's not a top-half QB and certainly not worth mentioning with people like Brees.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying you'd rather have kirk cousins than aaron rodgers?

IM saying I would rather have Kirk long term than keep chasing after an Arron Rogers type yes. But if we are throwing out unrealistic trades... can we get a real Defensive Coordinator for a used commador 64 with a bad keyboard?? :)

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM saying I would rather have Kirk long term than keep chasing after an Arron Rogers type yes. But if we are throwing out unrealistic trades... can we get a real Defensive Coordinator for a used commador 64 with a bad keyboard?? :)

How about buying Madden 2017 and use Ask Madden instead of Joe Barry. A lot cheaper and far more effective.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I can agree there. I don't think another aaron rodgers is coming for a long time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 5 players over 500 yards and two of those are over 1000 with a third so damn close.

He didn't make individual statistics go up...he made the unit better.

Really?

ttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670759/article/ranking-the-nfls-four-best-receiver-groups

Rated ^^^^^^ the 2nd best receiver group in the NFL. Would've been rated the 3rd best if not for the suspension of Pittsburgh's Martavis Bryant.

NFL's 10 best pass-catching units for 2016

Rated^^^^^^^^the 4th best receiver group in the NFL.

Which NFC East team has the best group of pass-catchers? | SportsDay

Rated^^^^^^^the best receiver group among NFC East teams. The same writer rates KC as the 3rd best QB among NFC East teams with a possible move up pending on how he performs in 2016.

This could go on all day. The unit wasn't made better by KC. The unit was already thought to be top notch. Cuz is just catching up to the unit.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

ttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670759/article/ranking-the-nfls-four-best-receiver-groups

Rated ^^^^^^ the 2nd best receiver group in the NFL. Would've been rated the 3rd best if not for the suspension of Pittsburgh's Martavis Bryant.

NFL's 10 best pass-catching units for 2016

Rated^^^^^^^^the 4th best receiver group in the NFL.

Which NFC East team has the best group of pass-catchers? | SportsDay

Rated^^^^^^^the best receiver group among NFC East teams. The same writer rates KC as the 3rd best QB among NFC East teams with a possible move up pending on how he performs in 2016.

This could go on all day. The unit wasn't made better by KC. The unit was already thought to be top notch. Cuz is just catching up to the unit.

Breed, that's all canceled out with zero running game and an absolutely abysmal run defense. The run defense is huge because teams figured out at the end that if you can run the ball against us, you can milk the clock and keep our offense off the field.

And if you're talking about rankings, how about ESPN's QBR list? It has Cuz at fifth overall. KC didn't just uplift the receivers, he did so for the entire team.

If you don't think so, who would you select as the team's MVP? And outside of Jamison Crowder, RGIII had these same guys and a still effective Alfred Morris. Why did he crap the bed in 2014?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree that those are the two ends of thee spectrum, however there was a middle ground game that also has to be considered. That game was the Pittsburg/Miami game, in it we saw a virtual clone of Kirk Cousins playing for the Dolphins. Here are his stats for that game....Matt Moore MIA 29-36, 289 YDS, 1 TD (his problems were two fumbles and an INT. Tough as nails though, took one hellacious shot and came back into the game good to go
Official game stats were....
CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT
29 36 289 80.6 8.03 37 1 1 97.8

As I watched this game I often found myself thinking nice throw Kirk or gotta protect the ball better. It was uncanny how much they resemble one another on the field. This is the middle ground that I often speak of and I really don't envy SM and Co. in the position that they find themselves in when determining either how thet see Kirk or what course of action to take regarding his future.

BTW: I heard something on the radio this morning and will create a new thread about it, please give your take on it if you have time. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!