• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the married lady! Yes cuz that makes sense!

I understand those things are the arguments you would use to keep kirk (and I'm not remotely surprised). I am asking you to please defend said arguments not just restate them.

Like my marriage analogy, they, umm, kind of speak for themselves. In other words, why wouldn't you want to marry a lady with all those traits. Same thing for those items you ticked off. For instance, we had a really bad history in drafting QBs (and so has most of the NFL). How's that for clearing things up?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like my marriage analogy, they, umm, kind of speak for themselves. In other words, why wouldn't you want to marry a lady with all those traits. Same thing for those items you ticked off. For instance, we had a really bad history in drafting QBs (and so has most of the NFL). How's that for clearing things up?

Well the nfl having a bad history is not the same as us having a bad history. That's why I wrote "us" and not the "nfl".

You still aren't defending those points though. I'm getting a little tired here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO to cut this short, we have those that are looking for reasons NOT to resign Kirk. Fact is, you can find a reason not to resign almost any player. In this case, the biggest REASON would be the money, followed by the he is not elite argument.

All great reasons not to resign him, provided thats what you were looking for to begin with.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so that means I compared them? Interesting leap there bud.

Even though I wasn't actually talking about overpaying kirk.

Brock was literally only brought up to point out the serious flaws in your original point about Cutler. I didn't compare him to anybody. Do you get this now?

Here's your quote, "bud," with the language linking the two bolded.

"The Texans spent 75 mil on brock. That shows you throw money at tall dudes with strong arms. Should we just follow that model. Or how about the Rams? Should we follow the trade all our picks for a crappy rookie qb model?"

Get it?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because while she brings some awesome qualities, the deal breaker would be.. .she isnt going to let me quit my job and shoulder the load on her own... and while she is fairly attractive... she isnt a super model.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the nfl having a bad history is not the same as us having a bad history. That's why I wrote "us" and not the "nfl".

You still aren't defending those points though. I'm getting a little tired here.

If you need an "argument" to support an assertion that it's a good idea to marry a lady who's attractive, intelligent, got lots in common with you, is gainfully employed, etc, you've got some serious issues, sonny.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because while she brings some awesome qualities, the deal breaker would be.. .she isnt going to let me quit my job and shoulder the load on her own... and while she is fairly attractive... she isnt a super model.

Well, there you go! :thumb:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's your quote, "bud," with the language linking the two bolded.

"The Texans spent 75 mil on brock. That shows you throw money at tall dudes with strong arms. Should we just follow that model. Or how about the Rams? Should we follow the trade all our picks for a crappy rookie qb model?"

Get it?

Oh goodness. Ok I'll explain it to you. I brought up the Texans and Rams because they OBVIOUSLY have made shitty decisions to put themselves in shitty positions at QB. I was pointing out that your logic was akin to saying we should follow they're example anyways. You were saying oh hey the bears did this to which I was saying who cares the Texans and Rams did this. Aka teams do stupid stuff all the time. Don't do something just because some other team did it. At no point do I compare kirk to brock.

Get it now bud?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need an "argument" to support an assertion that it's a good idea to marry a lady who's attractive, intelligent, got lots in common with you, is gainfully employed, etc, you've got some serious issues, sonny.

Sigh. You're hopeless.

I'll ask you this though. What do you think I think about kirk cousins?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh please lol

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh goodness. Ok I'll explain it to you. I brought up the Texans and Rams because they OBVIOUSLY have made shitty decisions to put themselves in shitty positions at QB. I was pointing out that your logic was akin to saying we should follow they're example anyways. You were saying oh hey the bears did this to which I was saying who cares the Texans and Rams did this. Aka teams do stupid stuff all the time. Don't do something just because some other team did it. At no point do I compare kirk to brock.

Get it now bud?

You may be saying that NOW, but that's not the implication of your statement above. Dense.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. You're hopeless.

Well, Vinny, I think you want to keep him, but not for the very good reasons you cited in your prior post. That's called Cerrato-like thinking. It's nothing different than letting Brad Johnson walk. I'm sure you remember that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be saying that NOW, but that's not the implication of your statement above. Dense.

No that's exactly what I was saying. You just didn't understand it. But that's ok maybe next time bud.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Vinny, I think you want to keep him, but not for the very good reasons you cited in your prior post. That's called Cerrato-like thinking. It's nothing different than letting Brad Johnson walk. I'm sure you remember that.

Lol please explain my thinking and how it's Cerrato like.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's exactly what I was saying. You just didn't understand it. But that's ok maybe next time bud.

"Should we just follow that model?" That's what you said in connection with Kirk. And that was in connection with Brock.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. You're hopeless.

OH oh.. can i play??

I will say that deep down, as the team sits, you know keeping Cousins is probably best for the team.
But i also think, you wish there was another realistic option.

If the team resigns him long term, you will accept it, but IM not convinced you would be happy with the move.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To use your oh so wonderful analogy

My reasons for marrying her are that she's

-- attractive
-- intelligent
-- lots in common
-- great personality
-- about my age
-- gainfully employed

Your reasons for marrying her (aka the ones I originally listed in the thread that you refuse to defend) are

- at least I have somebody
- maybe I won't be miserable
- she nice I guess
- I don't hate
- if she gets some work done I might like her

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol please explain my thinking and how it's Cerrato like.

Because you're not convinced that those factors justify keeping Cousins. Let's see how you thought about this back in 1999.

I'm not convinced that Brad Johnson is worth keeping because

-- his arm is good enough
-- he's a leader on the team
-- he just passed for 4000 yards
-- he led the team to its first division title in years
-- he doesn't cause problems in the lockerroom and doesn't bypass the head coach by airing grievances with you, Vinny, and Dan, sytmie

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To use your oh so wonderful analogy

My reasons for marrying her are that she's

-- attractive
-- intelligent
-- lots in common
-- great personality
-- about my age
-- gainfully employed

Your reasons for marrying her (aka the ones I originally listed in the thread that you refuse to defend) are

- at least I have somebody
- maybe I won't be miserable
- she nice I guess
- I don't hate
- if she gets some work done I might like her

Wrong. This isn't about what I think. It's about the points you used in perversely concluding that he wasn't worth keeping when in fact they speak for themselves.

Are you for real?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Should we just follow that model?" That's what you said in connection with Kirk. And that was in connection with Brock.

That doesn't have anything to do with kirk. Kirk isnt a crappy qb with little experience and absolutely no accuracy or pocket presence. At no point did I even suggest keeping cousins is remotely similar to signing brock. Whooosh