• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it when you ask some one a direct question, they totally ignore it, and proceed to try and make some other point.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on top of that Davis was only on a 1 year contract Reed can't stay healthy we could be losing a lot and Cousins is not the type of player that makes everyone around him better he has to have good players that make him look good

I hear everybody say this but it doesn't make sense. He made everybody better this year and makes everybody a weapon.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the receiving talent contributed to KC's success. And there is no doubt that if we had less talent in this area, it would have an affect on KC's success. But I have two questions. First, what QB wouldn't be negatively affected if their receiving corps took a talent hit? And second, while KC had a bunch of weapons, Who the hell made the passes? He still had to execute, including setting the protection, making the right pre snap reads, going through his progressions, and successfully putting the ball where it needs to be. Some of you act like he just tossed the ball up and one of these superstar receivers snatched it out of the air.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG had the same weapons and we were the king of 3 and outs, check downs, and sacks allowed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the receiving talent contributed to KC's success. And there is no doubt that if we had less talent in this area, it would have an affect on KC's success. But I have two questions. First, what QB wouldn't be negatively affected if their receiving corps took a talent hit? And second, while KC had a bunch of weapons, Who the hell made the passes? He still had to execute, including setting the protection, making the right pre snap reads, going through his progressions, and successfully putting the ball where it needs to be. Some of you act like he just tossed the ball up and one of these superstar receivers snatched it out of the air.

Come on j_y19, its been explained adnauseum and in pain staking detail that with the weapons we have, Peter Dinklage would have thrown for at least 3700 yards and 20 TDs. Funny thing is, the people that are saying Kirk is easily replaced, are also the ones saying we should let Jackson, Garcon and Davis walk as well.

(I swear guys, I wont be as grouchy in another 30 days) :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just cracks me up to see guys make judgement on KC but then herald the accomplishments of others in the league who have done nothing. I've seen guys like Rivers, Stafford, etc being held up as franchise QBs, but the only thing they don't have is support. Rivers gets a pass because he has never had a defense, but that's just an excuse for KC. This is why some think that Washington fans are not the smartest bulbs in the bunch. If they could just pull their heads out of their ass and look at the number of so call franchise QBs who actually sucked for many of their first couple of years as they learned, they might realize that KC is way ahead of them in his development time and he actually might be pretty damn good as he continues to develop. But fuck it. Lets spend our first two picks on finding his replacement. I mean, afterall, a really good QB can overcome NO DEFENSIVE SUPPORT and NO RUNNING GAME. Phillip Rivers has, right?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a bad influence on me, Shark........

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just cracks me up to see guys make judgement on KC but then herald the accomplishments of others in the league who have done nothing. I've seen guys like Rivers, Stafford, etc being held up as franchise QBs, but the only thing they don't have is support. Rivers gets a pass because he has never had a defense, but that's just an excuse for KC. This is why some think that Washington fans are not the smartest bulbs in the bunch. If they could just pull their heads out of their ass and look at the number of so call franchise QBs who actually sucked for many of their first couple of years as they learned, they might realize that KC is way ahead of them in his development time and he actually might be pretty damn good as he continues to develop. But fuck it. Lets spend our first two picks on finding his replacement. I mean, afterall, a really good QB can overcome NO DEFENSIVE SUPPORT and NO RUNNING GAME. Phillip Rivers has, right?

At the risk of starting a major shit storm....

Bob did it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM sticking to my guns and think we should move on because until we get a QB that both the front office and the fanbase finds acceptable, this team is likely never to move forward.
Tebow Time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow Time.

Not sexy enough. We got pick 17 in the draft, I figure if projections are for Trubisky to be available at around pick number 10, you will see a massive outpouring of we should trade up to get him posts. Maybe Webb or Watson.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it when you ask some one a direct question, they totally ignore it, and proceed to try and make some other point.

Oh dear god I am so sorry. *eyeroll*

I think that if you think throwing for 4000 yards back to back years means your beyond criticism you're out of your mind. I'm not anti kirk or bringing kirk back. But you haven't been very rational lately so I'll let it slide that you missed that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well washington fans are pretty dumb I'll agree with you there lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear god I am so sorry. *eyeroll*

I think that if you think throwing for 4000 yards back to back years means your beyond criticism you're out of your mind. I'm not anti kirk or bringing kirk back. But you haven't been very rational lately so I'll let it slide that you missed that.

Nice redirect. But the question was.. do you seriously think we should be considering not resigning the best performing QB we have had in 15 or more years?? Not is he beyond criticism. Very few players are beyond criticism. You can argue the point of if Cousins is elite or not ( for my opinion he is not). But lets be real, not resigning him, especially because we THINK he might be getting over paid, reeks of moves like the team used to make. We let good players walk because we wanted players of more note worthy stock.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice redirect. But the question was.. do you seriously think we should be considering not resigning the best performing QB we have had in 15 or more years?? Not is he beyond criticism. Very few players are beyond criticism. You can argue the point of if Cousins is elite or not ( for my opinion he is not). But lets be real, not resigning him, especially because we THINK he might be getting over paid, reeks of moves like the team used to make. We let good players walk because we wanted players of more note worthy stock.

I absolutely think we should be considering NOT bringing him back. I also think we should bring him back. I've been trying to figure out my overall thoughts on the situation since the game. I think there's a ton of bad reasons being thrown about to keep him but I also think it might be a bad idea to let him go. I think a lot will depend on how a contract looks when signed (if signed). I'm not involved in negotiations so tough to say anything at this time other than that. It's not a cut and dry situating imo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely think we should be considering NOT bringing him back. I also think we should bring him back. I've been trying to figure out my overall thoughts on the situation since the game. I think there's a ton of bad reasons being thrown about to keep him but I also think it might be a bad idea to let him go. I think a lot will depend on how a contract looks when signed (if signed). I'm not involved in negotiations so tough to say anything at this time other than that. It's not a cut and dry situating imo.

I'll bite.. what do you consider bad reasons to keep him?? Please do share.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just saying Cousins is not a.product of pg, dj, and jr.

I dont think anybody thinks it's all them but it's also hard to ignore them. It's a very valid point to raise that he has an excellent offensive supporting cast. Doesn't mean he can't be a good qb too of course.