• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Countdown till Harbaugh goes to the NFL

Does Harbaugh go back to the NFL next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree about JH wanting control. He obviously has that in ann arbor. If he can get what he's looking for he's gone. It'll be interesting to see if daBears try to lure him back to the NFL.

As a Michigan fan, the downside to Harbaugh leaving is that they will likely see a rough patch for a few seasons, even if they get a good coach hired quickly. It's tough to bring in a whole new coaching team and have real success quickly, as well as keeping players from the old coach. The transfer portal speeds up the process though as compared to years past.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Michigan fan, the downside to Harbaugh leaving is that they will likely see a rough patch for a few seasons, even if they get a good coach hired quickly. It's tough to bring in a whole new coaching team and have real success quickly, as well as keeping players from the old coach. The transfer portal speeds up the process though as compared to years past.

No doubt about that. If he jumps back to the NFL UofM will have tough time replacing him. Numbers don't lie. And he's on a short list of HC's that's had success in CFB and NFL. I'm sure he'd like the be the next coach that has a natty and a S.B. ring.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. If he jumps back to the NFL UofM will have tough time replacing him. Numbers don't lie. And he's on a short list of HC's that's had success in CFB and NFL. I'm sure he'd like the be the next coach that has a natty and a S.B. ring.

After this season, I imagine he is the #1 candidate on just about every NFL team's list. Although he can be pretty abrasive in head coaching interviews from what I've read. So maybe he will rub people the wrong way.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is the NCAA investigation going to have an effect? It reminds me of when Pete Carroll left for NFL. If Harbaugh thinks the NCAA sanctions are coming that might force him to NFL

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is the NCAA investigation going to have an effect? It reminds me of when Pete Carroll left for NFL. If Harbaugh thinks the NCAA sanctions are coming that might force him to NFL

I honestly don't think that will have much affect on his decision. He has flirted with the NFL the past few years, and there was no sanctions pending. I think he likes both options, so he has to decide if he wants to walk away from what he called a dream job about a decade ago, or if he wants to stay.

I think he really wants to win at the NFL level though, and now he will get to pick and choose the team he wants, and he is likely going to be given significant power with the team.

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree about JH wanting control. He obviously has that in ann arbor. If he can get what he's looking for he's gone. It'll be interesting to see if daBears try to lure him back to the NFL.
I don't think any team (owner or GM) will give him the kind of control he wants to create his team. And no team owner has the patience to wait years for the payoff, like Michigan.

he should stay at Michigan, become a coaching legend, so that they have that bronze statue of him in front of the stadium, or in front of the athletic complex. get that statue, become a legend.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team (owner or GM) will give him the kind of control he wants to create his team. And no team owner has the patience to wait years for the payoff, like Michigan.

he should stay at Michigan, become a coaching legend, so that they have that bronze statue of him in front of the stadium, or in front of the athletic complex. get that statue, become a legend.
It didn’t take him long to flip the 49ers. I think he took them to the Super Bowl in year 2. He took over a bad team too.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero doubt he goes back.

The whole process of being a college football coach in owning and turning over your roster every 2 to 4 years and being intensely involved in recruiting as more than half your job is not his game.

I don't think the dork of all dorks enjoys that at all. He want's to coach. And he wants to outcoach his brother as well.

I have zero doubt he is in the NFL in 2024.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll get a bronze statue outside of Michigan Stadium as being the only coach to actually win an outright title since WWII for shit's sake.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good reasons to stay in the college game,

*NIL is making it less necessary to whore yourself out to teenagers and parents, i.e. 'It's ok, don't come. We'll sign someone better. We...ahem I mean they...have the money.'

*Once you win you're more guaranteed a job. In the NFL he'll be still trying to make a name, at Michigan he's a legend for life.

*Greater control.

*The money is soon gonna be just as good.

*College girls.

* No Roger Goodell.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tbh, he’s already at statue level now.

His last three seasons are a historical run for his alma mater. Better than any three year run for Bo.

And Bo wasn’t a Heisman finalist for the Wolverines.

Jim’s a UofM legend. Anything else he ever accomplishes will just be gravy as far as his legacy.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scenter was saying for a long time he,s got unfinished nfl business

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes back to the NFL since he's done all what Michigan has asked of him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would make more sense for him to stay at UofM. But like I said yesterday due to his competitive drive that S.B. loss to his brother has to burn him up inside.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Michigan will break every record and give Harbaugh generational money to stay and convince him to make Michigan the next Alabama.