• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could USC actually beat Alabama on Week 1?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can be beaten on any given day, with that said highly doubtful to no chance for this one. Coaching comparison isn't remotely close, plus Saban in a game one scenerio with all this time to prepare (and Lane Kiffen has some revenge on his mind) does not bode well for the play it safe hiring of Clay Helton.
I was going to say -- USC certainly has the talent to compete with anyone in the country. They just don't have the coaching to do so. And it isn't even close. Put it this way, if their head coaches were switched, I'd give USC the huge advantage to win the game. They still might be able to knock them off by getting lucky, but I'd put their odds of doing so somewhere in the 20-30% range.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has some problems with teams that score fast and score often.
Their Offense isn't set up to keep up.
It's USC's only chance.

And by chance, I mean about a 2% chance.

Good Luck Trojans
I don't think it's that low. Few teams recruit, and have the talent, that USC does. Alabama is one of them -- but when you have that talent you can beat anyone. USC returns a lot of talent, Alabama lost a lot of talent. So it could be very easily be a good game that ends in USC's favor; especially that early in the season. Alabama is going to have to break in a new QB...USC isn't.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the responses that point out the coaching advantage and O-Line advantage for Bama. They're just too talented and will wear that Trojan defense out.

It might stay close until halftime because it's the first game, maybe there are some Tide mistakes made, nervous jitters, guys aren't fully conditioned yet, etc., but I'd be shocked if this isn't ultimately a double-digit win for the elephants

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick doesn't run up scores, so I see something like....

Alabama 45
USC 17

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's that low. Few teams recruit, and have the talent, that USC does. Alabama is one of them -- but when you have that talent you can beat anyone. USC returns a lot of talent, Alabama lost a lot of talent. So it could be very easily be a good game that ends in USC's favor; especially that early in the season. Alabama is going to have to break in a new QB...USC isn't.
Both teams will be starting new Qb's Kessler was drafted by he Browns this year. In the end theres so many variables between both teams strengths and weaknesses. It really depends on what style of game plays out. SC definitely has the talent on offense,especially when they slot Adoree in at wr. But like other said the running game will be extremely important. Special teams also has a possibility to factor in. SC has one of the most explosive returners in the country. Nothing is written in stone honestly I just cant wait for kick off.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams will be starting new Qb's Kessler was drafted by he Browns this year. In the end theres so many variables between both teams strengths and weaknesses. It really depends on what style of game plays out. SC definitely has the talent on offense,especially when they slot Adoree in at wr. But like other said the running game will be extremely important. Special teams also has a possibility to factor in. SC has one of the most explosive returners in the country. Nothing is written in stone honestly I just cant wait for kick off.
The clarkson lives!!!!:yes:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. It could happen.

And I could get a date with the girls in my avi too.

I think I prefer your chances.

I've seen a average to mediocre looking dude get a date with girls like that far more than I've seen Saban get outcoached....basically ever.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clarkson lives!!!!:yes:
And ca't wait for college football to kick off. Its a long off season :suds:

I would have loved to see Adoree make the Olympic team. But in a way I'm happy that time will be spent prepping for the opener instead.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For us to be Alabama three things need to happen:
1) Our new QB--whether it's Browne or Darnold--will have to play a mistake free game and not be overwhelmed by the moment. It's quite a stage to play your first game in.

2) Our D line is our biggest question mark and if we cannot slow down the Bama run game, it's over.

3) Our O line will have to protect the QB and open up running lanes to allow the new QB to make throws to keep the chains moving.

I think the -10+ point spread for Bama is spot on. Though the expectations for SC are not over the top this year, it's still going to be an important game for Helton. He did not finish on a high note this past year and really needs a good showing to show that his hiring was the right one.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC homer and going to the game so I'm hoping for a close game at least. USC does have some weapons and should be able to score. They return the entire O line and NFL WRs and a great RB. The D line is what concerns me. Bama should be able to run because the D line is USCs weakness on D. So best and only way for USC to win is to score enough to force Bama to throw against USCs DBs.
You can call me a homer too. A lot of people have been talking about coaches. The Alabama Defense,USC wrs,both teams starting 1st year Qbs,etc...
That was actually an interesting article @nathans8823. Jones is a ver underrated RB. And will play a role in the game. The short passes could potentially play a big role as well. Juju is one of the most talented Wr's in the country. And has a competitive drive thats almost unreal at times. But it almost seems a lot of writers forget Adoree plays both sides of the ball. When inserted as a slot receiver, He is extremely dangerous in space in the short passing game.

There will be a ton of talent on the field. But I think Adoree Jackson will be the key for SC vs Alabama. The trojans are going to need big games out of Jackson and Marshall in coverage. Bt how he is utilized on offense will be another important factor. If they are able to get hm the ball in space. He's not just a home run threat. But he also opens up room for Juju and the rest of a very skilled wr corps. As well as room to run for Jones.

The other aspect Jackson brings is in the special teams game. I expect Alabama to avoid kicking to him. But if they do he's always a threat to break one the distance. And It could play a huge role in field position. Which could hold implications on everything from the offensive to defensive side of the ball. He's one of the most dynamic players in college football. At this point I cant say either team will win. But its going to be one hell of a ride to see how it all plays out on the field

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look who is finally talking about football instead of all that drama about this board and threatening to quit it.
:dhd:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look who is finally talking about football instead of all that drama about this board and threatening to quit it.
:dhd:
He sure is hanging around a lot considering this place is "terrible" and a "toilet".

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at not talking college football on the college football board. Or can you not address the impact Adoree may have on the SC Alabama game?
I'm not about to sit here and talk football with your stupid ass.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
Very unlikely.

USC may be able to keep it close early if they can pressure the green quarterback into mistakes. However, I doubt he'll be throwing many high risk passes. Only if USC can stop the run would that occur, and that looks nigh on impossible at this point.

If USC can somehow control the clock somewhat by running the ball, that'd help.
As much as I hate to say it. It is unlikely but not impossible. Special teams could play much a major factor in the game. If SC can establish a running game that would be a huge plus for their defense which is their biggest question mark. But i can see them going for quick strikes. If USC can control field position I think this game may be a lot more competitive than people think.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd like to believe it, um no. Not a chance.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely USC could win.

But they won't.

Gumps by ALOT