• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Sixers go from 10 wins to the playoffs if....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield is not a PG lol.

Did that really make you laugh out loud? His a scorer and not a college PG but I was listening to ESPN radio and they were saying he might be a NBA PG cause he is too short to be a sg. LOL

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that really make you laugh out loud? His a scorer and not a college PG but I was listening to ESPN radio and they were saying he might be a NBA PG cause he is too short to be a sg. LOL

Yes it did. Because it's hilarious to think of him as a PG. Have you watched him play? Hield will get eaten alive at PG.

He is small. He's basically gonna be a spot up shooter more than likely.

LOL

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it did. Because it's hilarious to think of him as a PG. Have you watched him play? Hield will get eaten alive at PG.

He is small. He's basically gonna be a spot up shooter more than likely.

LOL

So if he is small you put him at a bigger mans position. LOL. Again, this is what I heard about his NBA potential.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he is small you put him at a bigger mans position. LOL. Again, this is what I heard about his NBA potential.

Uhh yeah, because that's the only position he can play. Again, have you even watch Hield? Or just like sounding like a dumbass? Draymond Green is an undersized center and even PF. Glad Steve Kerr doesn't listen to your dumbass logic

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh yeah, because that's the only position he can play. Again, have you even watch Hield? Or just like sounding like a dumbass? Draymond Green is an undersized center and even PF. Glad Steve Kerr doesn't listen to your dumbass logic

Here's the major flaw in your argument... Its not my dumbass logic, it what experts are saying. They are saying at 6-3 he is more of a NBA pg. So don't Lol me, Lol the scouts.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go read nbadraftnet about him. Their breakdown of him is saying exactly what I heard on the radio.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the major flaw in your argument... Its not my dumbass logic, it what experts are saying. They are saying at 6-3 he is more of a NBA pg. So don't Lol me, Lol the scouts.

Every single person has had him as a potential spot up shooter and a Wes Matthews types. Those are not PGS.

The teams rumored to be taking him are all teams that need shooting, not PGs.

Again, it's not fucking rocket science. They guy isn't getting drafted to play the point.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read nbadraftnet about him. Their breakdown of him is saying exactly what I heard on the radio.

He's not a pg, nor is he projected to be one.

I see your point about his size.

But, he is CJ McCollum, Zach Lavine, Monta Ellis-ish.

Short shooting guard.

He doesn't even fall into the Kyrie/ Dame Lillard scoring pg category because those guys have terrific handles.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. They land pick #1 and pick #4 (They have the rights to the Lakers pick if its 4 or lower)
2. Saric comes from Europe
3. Embiid comes back healthy?
4. Land a legit FA

The team could potentially look like this (If "Ifs" and "Buts" were candy and nuts)

PG Buddy Hield (OSU)
SG Dino Saric (Europe)
SF Ben Simmons (LSU)
PF Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel
C Joel Embiid

Saric @ Sg?

Isn't he like 6'10?...lol

Hey, if Greek Freak can run the point, why not?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. They land pick #1 and pick #4 (They have the rights to the Lakers pick if its 4 or lower)
2. Saric comes from Europe
3. Embiid comes back healthy?
4. Land a legit FA

The team could potentially look like this (If "Ifs" and "Buts" were candy and nuts)

PG Buddy Hield (OSU)
SG Dino Saric (Europe)
SF Ben Simmons (LSU)
PF Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel
C Joel Embiid

As a fellow Sixers fan, this potential line up makes absolutely no sense. First Buddy Hield isn't a PG, has never played the position in his life and certainly doesn't have the handle of a traditional PG, at this moment. Saric is 6-10', when the hell has a 6-10' person played SG? His position is probably a stretch 4(ala Dirk). And here is the big problem, Simmons, Noel and Embiid are all PF IMO, throw in Saric as a possible stretch 4 and that's 4 PF's clogging the roster. Okafor is a true Center IMO, because he doesn't have the 15+ footer, and is truly awful on defense.

If we get the #1 pick, I honestly hope we take Ingram. Natural SF. I'm hoping the Lakers actually keep their pick this year, and the Sixers get it next year(top 3 protected again), 2017's draft is MUCH better than 2016's.

All that said we still don't have a legit starting PG in this league. Ish is a serviceable hold over, but we need to draft one at some point. I'm hoping Staukas turns out to be a starting SG in this league, we'll wait and see with that.

But we won't come close to sniffing the playoffs next year. Detroit is the 8th seed and they are only going to get better. We are still 2/3 years away IMO. This is a HUGE offseason though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buddy Hield | NBADraft.net

NBA position: SG...right there at the top of his bio. Buddy is fantastic but he's not a PG, he practically played with 2 in college at all times so he has little to no experience of running a team/handling the ball.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get the Lakers pick this year, along with getting the #1 pick and with the other 2 firsts we have, I'm hoping we draft something like this:

#1. Brandon Ingram
#4. Jamaal Murray
#24. Malachi Richardson - if he declares
#27. Cat Barber

I hope we can trade one of Noel or Okafor(assuming Embiid can come back healthy). Or just have Noel come off the bench as an energy guy ala Thompson.

I LOVE the potential of an Embiid/Saric/Ingram front court. :drool: Then we fill it in with guards from later in this draft class along with Ish and Stauskas and there's something to work with.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed by the way the Hinkie's tenure ended with the Sixers, Liberty Ballers and the Rights To Ricky Sanchez podcast (with a little help from L.L. Pavorsky Jewelers and other private donors) opted to honor his time as general manager by plastering his mug on a billboard just off of I-95.

Cg5BJcJU0AIxo5l.jpg