• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Bray replace Daniel as the backup QB?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we literally lost the game in OT.

In 2 starts last season Daniel completed 69% and 3 touchdowns while passing for 515 yards.

I'd rather have Bart Starr or Dan Marino as out backup too...but that's not gonna happen.

Bray definitely isn't gonna be any better than Daniel. In fact...he's probably worse.

mLNIjMj.jpg

Cherrypicking stats. I can do that too. Daniel sucks ass. He accounted for over 1/4 of our sacks last year in 2 games. He's lucky he only had 2 picks in those 2 games. He put the ball on the ground 4 f*cking times. The guy had the best defense in football as a crutch, and we needed the Lions to be the f*cking Lions in order to snatch a win. If we played something like Rams/Packers back to back, we would have lost so f*cking hard.

This is hardly some situation where I'm like "we need a pro bowler" at backup QB.

So yeah, I'll take what's behind door #3.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2 starts last season Daniel completed 69% and 3 touchdowns while passing for 515 yards.

I just saw highlights of the 3 TDs. 2 were wide open receivers thanks to a great route scheme. The last was basically a handoff to Gabriel.

Just saying.

Both Daniels and Bray are terrible. Flip a coin I say.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherrypicking stats.

Posting his actual yards, touchdowns, and completion percentage isn't cherry picking.

Daniel sucks ass.

Indeed he does. As do most NFL backups. Which is why they are backups.

So yeah, I'll take what's behind door #3.

What's behind door #3 isn't some surprise. It's Bray....and Bray sucks every bit as hard as Daniel.

The difference is Bray doesn't know he sucks and a younger QB will usually try to do too much because they don't know anything.

Daniel won't do that and will be safer. And is therefore the right choice.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw highlights of the 3 TDs. 2 were wide open receivers thanks to a great route scheme. The last was basically a handoff to Gabriel.

Yeah but that furthers my point.

Daniel is safe. He's gonna do safe things. That's good.

Both Daniels and Bray are terrible. Flip a coin I say.

Agreed. They both blow chunks.

Daniel is the much safer, smarter choice though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting his actual yards, touchdowns, and completion percentage isn't cherry picking.

Indeed he does. As do most NFL backups. Which is why they are backups.

What's behind door #3 isn't some surprise. It's Bray....and Bray sucks every bit as hard as Daniel.

The difference is Bray doesn't know he sucks and a younger QB will usually try to do too much because they don't know anything.

Daniel won't do that and will be safer. And is therefore the right choice.

You can't make a "safer" argument when the guy constantly gives the opponent opportunities for turnovers. That's what Daniel does as an experienced player. That's the definition of suck. Door #3 please. And if Bray sucks, then door #4 and so on...It's actually annoying that Nagy keeps backing this Daniel, when his play is definitely, despite commentary to the contrary, turd.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that furthers my point.

Daniel is safe. He's gonna do safe things. That's good.

Agreed. They both blow chunks.

Daniel is the much safer, smarter choice though.

The only plausible argument is that it's too late now, season starts in 9 days...so from that perspective...well whatever, we're going to suck at backup QB. However, this shouldn't be seen as anything but an indictment. The proof was in Daniel's pudding over 2 big games this year and nothing has changed this offseason. He is a terrible backup and we should move on as promptly as possible.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no if.

There's always an "if" if you've never actually started a game at the NFL level. Daniel is given. Bray is a question mark. Not even I'm that hard and I can be hard on players that suck.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only plausible argument is that it's too late now, season starts in 9 days...so from that perspective...well whatever, we're going to suck at backup QB. However, this shouldn't be seen as anything but an indictment. The proof was in Daniel's pudding over 2 big games this year and nothing has changed this offseason. He is a terrible backup and we should move on as promptly as possible.

It's also plausible that the Bears know exactly what they have in both guys and Nagy feels more comfortable with Daniel running the offense in Mitch's absence than he does Bray.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always an "if" if you've never actually started a game at the NFL level. Daniel is given. Bray is a question mark. Not even I'm that hard and I can be hard on players that suck.

When you've been in the league since 2014 and have thrown exactly 1 pass...there's typically a reason.

The same reason Daniel has been around since 2010 and only thrown 154 of them....he sucks.

Only Bray obviously sucks far more. Daniel at least brings something to the table...he's an intelligent guy that can grasp the offense and bring a bit of leadership to the field if Mitch isn't there.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit no. Not even a little. Bray just ain't it. Say what you will about Daniel, but he can run an NFL offense and is a credible spot-starter.

Bray is auto-loss material.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you've been in the league since 2014 and have thrown exactly 1 pass...there's typically a reason.

The same reason Daniel has been around since 2010 and only thrown 154 of them....he sucks.

Only Bray obviously sucks far more. Daniel at least brings something to the table...he's an intelligent guy that can grasp the offense and bring a bit of leadership to the field if Mitch isn't there.

Yeah...Alex Smith was in front of him and played every snap for the Chiefs while they were a consistent playoff team....and Trubisky was our guy from the get-go last year. So of course he didn't play...That's no indictment at all.

Daniel has proven he sucks on the NFL field during the regular season. That's more than enough to take a chance on opportunity. If Daniel was what you claim he was, then I would be on board. But he's f*cking horrible. He made a top ten offensive line in the league last year look like swiss cheese, and I will continue to pound home he does not protect the ball. We got lucky to win one game with him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit no. Not even a little. Bray just ain't it. Say what you will about Daniel, but he can run an NFL offense and is a credible spot-starter.

Bray is auto-loss material.
I am honestly amazed this guy is still in the league. I thought this ship sailed with Bray 4 years ago or so.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly amazed this guy is still in the league. I thought this ship sailed with Bray 4 years ago or so.

We're in Nagy-land at backup. Familiarity. It's kind of an arrogance that could lead to disaster. The idea sounds good...but if the players suck...That's really all that it comes down to.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...Alex Smith was in front of him and played every snap for the Chiefs while they were a consistent playoff team....and Trubisky was our guy from the get-go last year. So of course he didn't play...That's no indictment at all.

It's a huge indictment. If he had NFL ability...he would have seen some snaps by now. It's not like he was playing behind Favre.

Daniel has proven he sucks on the NFL field during the regular season. That's more than enough to take a chance on opportunity. If Daniel was what you claim he was, then I would be on board. But he's f*cking horrible. He made a top ten offensive line in the league last year look like swiss cheese, and I will continue to pound home he does not protect the ball. We got lucky to win one game with him.

Daniel has proven he can mentally grasp the offense. That's why he is the backup.

Do I want a better backup? Yes. Is Bray better? NO FUCKING CHANCE.

When you're done pissing your pants over this, let me know.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel eats his own boogers.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a huge indictment. If he had NFL ability...he would have seen some snaps by now. It's not like he was playing behind Favre.

Daniel has proven he can mentally grasp the offense. That's why he is the backup.

Do I want a better backup? Yes. Is Bray better? NO FUCKING CHANCE.

When you're done pissing your pants over this, let me know.

Alex Smith is better than most QB's we've had for the past 25 years. So yeah, I won't take that as an indictment at all on Bray. Like I said, I don't put a huge amount of weight on preseason or scrimmage play. It's all about the regular season...so from my perspective I'll take a flyer on Bray as he might be a gamer. We are most definitely going to lose far more often than not if Daniel is under center. That may be the case with Bray too...Obviously a lot of you feel that way, but to imply that taking a chance on a rook is some kind of "pissing my pants" event when the counterargument is Chase Daniel...Come on now.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith is better than most QB's we've had for the past 25 years

Did Smith play every snap of every game while Bray was on the roster in KC?

Answer....no.

Did Bray play any of the snaps that Smith didn't play? Answer...yes. One. One fucking snap.

Why?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a flyer on Bray as he might be a gamer.

Yeah so I have this massive plot of water front property in Arizona I'd like to sell for cheap.....you seem like exactly the type of moron....I mean gentleman that would be interested in such a thing.