• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Costs more to see Air Supply concert than NCG

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather funny listening to fans from the south bitch and moan about traveling.

Yet, these same people have ALWAYS thought that teams from the north should be traveling to the south for bowl games.

You never hear about fans from teams in the north bitching and moaning about traveling.

I will bitch about going to the PinStripe Bowl, that is one bowl game I will never, ever attend. It has Dan Beebe stank on it. Las Vegas Bowl I would attend in a heartbeat if Nebraska was in it.
These fans are not complaining about a single Bowl Game. That's a piece of cake. It's having to wait to see if their favorite team wins the game, and they have to decide in a week to go across the country for the next game. To be geograpically fair, let me know when Nebraska plays in the Rose Bowl, you attend, you have a great time, NU wins, and you have to plan to go to Miami for the NC Game with one week notice. Plus, FWIW, I've heard plenty of bitching over the years about where Bowl Games are played by fans of Northern teams.

Last edited:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather funny listening to fans from the south bitch and moan about traveling.

Yet, these same people have ALWAYS thought that teams from the north should be traveling to the south for bowl games.

You never hear about fans from teams in the north bitching and moaning about traveling.

I will bitch about going to the PinStripe Bowl, that is one bowl game I will never, ever attend. It has Dan Beebe stank on it. Las Vegas Bowl I would attend in a heartbeat if Nebraska was in it.

Driving from north to south is a 1 day trip when driving. You can get round trip plane tickets from Wisconsin to Texas for probably under $300.

Driving from east to west is a 2 or 3 day and the cheapest tickets are $1000.

See the difference?

And nobody is complaining about it, it's just the reason why the ticket prices are less than Atlanta. The airlines are getting the difference.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These fans are not complaining about a single Bowl Game. That' a piece of cake. It's having to wait to see if their favorite team wins the game, and they have to decide in a week to go across the country for the next game. To be geograpically fair, let me know when Nebraska plays in the Rose Bowl, you attend, you have a great time, NU wins, and you have to plan to go to Miami for the NC Game with one week notice. Plus, FWIW, I've heard plenty of bitching over the years about where Bowl Games are played by fans of Northern teams.

Yeah, I think Alabama fans’ willingness to travel is pretty well known (as is Clemson’s).

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driving from north to south is a 1 day trip when driving. You can get round trip plane tickets from Wisconsin to Texas for probably under $300.

Driving from east to west is a 2 or 3 day and the cheapest tickets are $1000.

See the difference?

And nobody is complaining about it, it's just the reason why the ticket prices are less than Atlanta. The airlines are getting the difference.
You could get a ticket right now for non-stop BHM-SJC for $703. Tickets to the game are starting at $113, lower bowl for $185. There are affordable hotels all over the Bay Area, including places like Marin County or Santa Cruz within an hour's drive. This is a pretty reasonable trip compared with the ticket prices from last year.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they get billions from the TV contracts? Won't the people who would watch the game still watch the game? Are they really going to feel anything if the secondary market doesn't make a bunch off the game?
Any regular Bama and Clemson fan with money will go. Average Alabama and South Carolina fan can't afford the trip if the game tickets are through the roof but now there's no excuse. There ust happens t be a certain percentage of fans from most teams who can't do this trip with only two weeks notice. But if you're a Bama fan didn't you have a pretty good idea you'd be in the title game and with Clemson too.

Bullshit, I don't go to every game now, why should the NC game be any different. I've been to 3, plus one when I was in school, maybe if I was a USC fan and hadn't sniffed the NC in better than a decade, I would feel differently, but I'd be just as happy to watch from my couch. I have clients in San Fran and could easily have written this off if I had a desire to go to Santa Clara, or San Francisco these days. If we are fortunate enough to make either 2022 or 2023, I will make it to either or. I used to live in Indianapolis and Los Angeles, so I will use it as an excuse to see some old friends.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bay Area is the shittiest place to watch football. Pac 12 teams even hate playing there as only 35K showed up to watch the Pac 12 CCG. I haven't been to the Niners new stadium, but I here it's located in a boring as fuck part of town with nothing to do. Also, you might have to stay in SF and nobody wants to stay in that overpriced shit hole.....

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bay Area is the shittiest place to watch football. Pac 12 teams even hate playing there as only 35K showed up to watch the Pac 12 CCG. I haven't been to the Niners new stadium, but I here it's located in a boring as fuck part of town with nothing to do. Also, you might have to stay in SF and nobody wants to stay in that overpriced shit hole.....
Why in the hell did the CFP powers that be pick this place?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell did the CFP powers that be pick this place?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could get a ticket right now for non-stop BHM-SJC for $703. Tickets to the game are starting at $113, lower bowl for $185. There are affordable hotels all over the Bay Area, including places like Marin County or Santa Cruz within an hour's drive. This is a pretty reasonable trip compared with the ticket prices from last year.

:lol: You walking home? That was $700 one way.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It was a round-trip Jan 4-8, but it went up $31 since that post.

I can tell you don't buy many plane tickets.

Click on the ticket you think is $700, then watch as it asks you to select your return flight and adds that ticket to your total.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a lot of trailer sex with Air Supply on the 8 track. Folks had a 3rd room/porch entrance/greenhouse/sex for HuskerOC late night Summer Lovin' shack.

Damn straight bitches. :nod:

The Love Shack saw more ass than a @OregonDucks wet t-shirt contest.

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you don't buy many plane tickets.

Click on the ticket you think is $700, then watch as it asks you to select your return flight and adds that ticket to your total.
Nope. I use Skiplagged all the time. It's the total price. You could select a higher priced return flight if you wanted, but they list the lowest possible total.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I use Skiplagged all the time. It's the total price. You could select a higher priced return flight if you wanted, but they list the lowest possible total.

Well the cheapest price it's giving me after I select the first page and get to the second page is $1073.

:noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nevermind, for some reason it had distance sorted. When I did price sorting it showed the $750 price. Must have clicked it without realizing it, or they have weird results.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone get air supply tickets!? I’ve been trying to get some of those puppies for 30 years!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the airplane ticket prices, the biggest issue is lack of local support. There will be plenty of Alabama and Clemson fans there, just not any neutrals. Santa Clara is an odd place for football - whether it is for the 49ers, Pac-12 CCG, Redbox Bowl or CFB Championship Game. Bummer the game is not in L.A. at the Coliseum or at the Rose Bowl. Those two stadiums have HISTORY, and Alabama fans love THAT! The Tide is 5-2-1 in games played in the Rose Bowl Stadium and 3-0 at the Coliseum.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple really. Ticket prices have to go down to accommodate travel expense. These 2 teams are from the South on the East coast and the game is being played on the West Coast. Can't expect fans to be able to drop 2k on a ticket with travel expense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, I don't go to every game now, why should the NC game be any different. I've been to 3, plus one when I was in school, maybe if I was a USC fan and hadn't sniffed the NC in better than a decade, I would feel differently, but I'd be just as happy to watch from my couch. I have clients in San Fran and could easily have written this off if I had a desire to go to Santa Clara, or San Francisco these days. If we are fortunate enough to make either 2022 or 2023, I will make it to either or. I used to live in Indianapolis and Los Angeles, so I will use it as an excuse to see some old friends.

Maybe because its the National Championship game? LOL. Dude relax.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because its the National Championship game? LOL. Dude relax.

Sorry, was venting about another post and it rubbed me the wrong way at the time.