• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Costs more to see Air Supply concert than NCG

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I can’t afford to go.
I can afford to go but I wouldn't. The Bay Area is kind of like Vegas to me. If I'm going to either place, I ain't wastin' time going to a damn game! I've got golf to play, wine to drink or money to lose at the craps table. Ain't got no time for a game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and yet they were willing to pay $2,689 per ticket ($5,378 for two) last year.

Hell, if my West Texas math is correct, they could get a vacation to the Bay Area, see the game and have $378 to spend in Napa and Sonoma for the same amount of money as last year! What a deal!

I'd rather go to Napa and Sonoma on vacation and watch the game on tv.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitch please, It's San Francisco, not Lake Como.

It’s Santa Clara, not San Francisco. That’s part of the problem. People will pay to travel to a world-class city, not an industrial park 50 miles away.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Santa Clara, not San Francisco. That’s part of the problem. People will pay to travel to a world-class city, not an industrial park 50 miles away.

If I'm going, I'm not staying in Santa Clara.

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that if the semis had been an on-campus game for Bama & Clemson then this game would be demanding a much higher price. CFP needs to tell the bowls to go pound sand, especially if they expand to 8 teams.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi's Stadium is a $1,000 plane ticket away on the opposite side of the country in the most expensive area in the United States and also happens to be a complete shithole. Why would anyone want to travel for that?

Shithole is factually correct.

San Fran human poop map.

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most logical solution is to just have the Title game permanent location stay in the SouthEast region :noidea:

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most logical solution is to just have the Title game permanent location stay in the SouthEast region :noidea:
I'd be fine with Dallas TX as that's a reasonable trip for just about any part of the country, and it's in a football crazy area where locals will buy up seats as well. I just think the CFP would be better off with an opening round of home games for the higher seed. That would also give the team's local economy another slice of pie.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi's Stadium is a $1,000 plane ticket away on the opposite side of the country in the most expensive area in the United States and also happens to be a complete shithole. Why would anyone want to travel for that?

I flew into San Jose from Atlanta this year to go to a game in Oakland and stayed in South San Fran. It’s not like these people can’t fly into San Fran or Oakland, stay north of San Jose before the game go to the game in Santa Clara. I didn’t have two weeks notice to plan the trip though, i had 9 months though so my flight wasn’t nearly as expensive.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they get billions from the TV contracts? Won't the people who would watch the game still watch the game? Are they really going to feel anything if the secondary market doesn't make a bunch off the game?
Any regular Bama and Clemson fan with money will go. Average Alabama and South Carolina fan can't afford the trip if the game tickets are through the roof but now there's no excuse. There ust happens t be a certain percentage of fans from most teams who can't do this trip with only two weeks notice. But if you're a Bama fan didn't you have a pretty good idea you'd be in the title game and with Clemson too.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather funny listening to fans from the south bitch and moan about traveling.

Yet, these same people have ALWAYS thought that teams from the north should be traveling to the south for bowl games.

You never hear about fans from teams in the north bitching and moaning about traveling.

I will bitch about going to the PinStripe Bowl, that is one bowl game I will never, ever attend. It has Dan Beebe stank on it. Las Vegas Bowl I would attend in a heartbeat if Nebraska was in it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But sure, it's a grave sign that college football needs to change.

See, I'm glad I read this. You're always full of good information, 4down.

I was sure OP was saying that it was a grave sign that I should masturbate into the trash can under my desk.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get tired of seeing the same teams, variety would increase ticket sales.

Who? Alabama fans or Clemson fans, or are random fans usually paying all this money for the tickets?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it was Penn State and USC three years in a row and every game was close you would be excited for a fourth helping?

I loved the first two Bama/Clemson matchups personally but it's a bit old hat at this point.

I would buy the same amount of tickets to each game. 0

Are you telling me you would be buying Alabama/Clemson tickets this year if it was the first time they've ever played in the game? No. The only people who are buying tickets are pretty much Alabama and Notre Dame fans, and maybe a few local fans.

If you wanted to see increased ticket sales/prices, then put in Alabama vs Washington. Or Alabama vs Oregon. Or Oregon vs Washington.

Or just put the game in Atlanta again. Then you'd see huge ticket prices.

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would buy the same amount of tickets to each game. 0

Are you telling me you would be buying Alabama/Clemson tickets this year if it was the first time they've ever played in the game? No. The only people who are buying tickets are pretty much Alabama and Notre Dame fans, and maybe a few local fans.

If you wanted to see increased ticket sales/prices, then put in Alabama vs Washington. Or Alabama vs Oregon. Or Oregon vs Washington.

Or just put the game in Atlanta again. Then you'd see huge ticket prices.
Home-field semis would've put fans of both schools in seats in Santa Clara. As it is now it looks like there'll be empty seats at this game. Two "bowl" games in 2 weeks is a lot to ask of any traveling fan base.