• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Costs more to see Air Supply concert than NCG

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 I'm pretty sure. I'd have to go find the actual ticket stub, but you got the year and location right.

I cared nothing about either team, basically got dragged to it. But I stayed fucked up and got free beer, so no complaints.

Man, that was a minute ago.... doesn't feel like that long ago to you stop and think about it.

Last time Oakland won a playoff series was the week before.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price has a lot to do with the match up, people are tired of Bama and Clemson. I also think it has a lot to do with being in California. It's no secret southern people don't care much for the politics in California. I know several Bama fans that are not going solely because they don't want to give California any of their money.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are tired of Bama and Clemson.

Who is tired of Bama and Clemson, and what possible argument can they make for it? Last years semi-final game wasn't that close, but the previous games were all extremely epic games.

I don't get where or how people could be tired of such a match up, unless they just hate good football.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is tired of Bama and Clemson, and what possible argument can they make for it? Last years semi-final game wasn't that close, but the previous games were all extremely epic games.

I don't get where or how people could be tired of such a match up, unless they just hate good football.

People get tired of seeing the same teams, variety would increase ticket sales.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if it was Penn State and USC three years in a row and every game was close you would be excited for a fourth helping?

I loved the first two Bama/Clemson matchups personally but it's a bit old hat at this point.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue is the location. Alabama-Clemson in Atlanta, Indianapolis or Dallas would be a higher demand ticket. They just do not care as much out there regardless of teams. Additionally, from a personal perspective, I chose to spend my money and time in Miami at the Orange Bowl. Much more convenient with a month to plan (not to mention a Saturday game) than a quick turn around with a Monday Night Game on the other side of the country with a cold and rainy weather forecast. That being said, if I still lived in the Bay Area, I would snag a couple of tickets and go to the game - even if I was not a fan of either team!

49135366_1985480661540246_4613550309111758848_n.jpg

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you rather hear Air Supply's groan-inducing songs than have to sit through that poser Dan Reynolds?

Grannies dig them some Air Supply. Should be ripe picking after the concert

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they charge to see air supply is not for the entertainment. It's a fine for wanting to see them.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi's Stadium is a $1,000 plane ticket away on the opposite side of the country in the most expensive area in the United States and also happens to be a complete shithole. Why would anyone want to travel for that?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason bowls don't want the same teams every year. Fans simply grow weary of the same matchups , even in national title games . Sure the game location is a part of it but if this game was Nebraska vs Texas tickets wouldn't be cheap . You can count on that . Bama and Clemson have great fans but even great fans get complacent when they're seeing the same thing all the time .

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think college football doesn't give one flying shit if anyone is in the stands or not. As long as ESPN, Fox, CBS, ABC, etal are forking over TV cash, the world is fine.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ people trying to hook agendas and their own bitches up as reasons. How typical, let's just believe what makes us warm and fuzzy and fuck trying to see a logical reason.

Real reason: The game is in San Jose and features 2 teams from the other side of the country. Go ahead and get the price of a plane ticket from Atlanta or Birmingham to San Jose on a week's notice, or even if you planned in advanced with 2+ weeks notice.

It's about $1000 just for that. PER PERSON. Then that area is not a cheap place to stay, so if you want a room for 2 or 3 nights you're looking at $150-$200 a night minimum. And of course, renting a car or using local transports, etc.

vs a game in Atlanta where the bulk of both fan bases are within 6-8 hours driving distance, you can just make the drive, rent in a cheap room overnight outside of town and so on. All those people in that short distance = high demand.

But sure, it's a grave sign that college football needs to change.

Bingo.

$1,000 for flights
$$450 for a room
$100 for a car
$500 for a ticket

That's $2050. Last year, Stubhub's cheapest ticket sold was $2,000 and the average was $2,689. So, seems like the price to go for is very similar.

Georgia fans driving up ticket prices for College Football Playoff national title game

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ people trying to hook agendas and their own bitches up as reasons. How typical, let's just believe what makes us warm and fuzzy and fuck trying to see a logical reason.

Real reason: The game is in San Jose and features 2 teams from the other side of the country. Go ahead and get the price of a plane ticket from Atlanta or Birmingham to San Jose on a week's notice, or even if you planned in advanced with 2+ weeks notice.

It's about $1000 just for that. PER PERSON. Then that area is not a cheap place to stay, so if you want a room for 2 or 3 nights you're looking at $150-$200 a night minimum. And of course, renting a car or using local transports, etc.

vs a game in Atlanta where the bulk of both fan bases are within 6-8 hours driving distance, you can just make the drive, rent in a cheap room overnight outside of town and so on. All those people in that short distance = high demand.

This exactly. Airfare alone will be over $1,000 per person. Once you factor in lodging and local transport, it will easily be $5,000 for two people from either AL or SC to go to the game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No fucking way I'm spending good money to support the Bay Area economy, fuck them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's $2050. Last year, Stubhub's cheapest ticket sold was $2,000 and the average was $2,689.
This exactly. Airfare alone will be over $1,000 per person. Once you factor in lodging and local transport, it will easily be $5,000 for two people from either AL or SC to go to the game.
...and yet they were willing to pay $2,689 per ticket ($5,378 for two) last year.

Hell, if my West Texas math is correct, they could get a vacation to the Bay Area, see the game and have $378 to spend in Napa and Sonoma for the same amount of money as last year! What a deal!