• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coronavirus - Direct Impact on You?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some may recall, I just relocated to Hawaii after spending pretty much my whole life in Denver. Unfortunately, my wife and dog weren't able to join until late April. I'm in the restaurant business and we've now shut down all of our locations. My job will be up in the air if this thing drags on longer than 3-4 weeks. I've probably dropped $30k of my own money to get here and it's unraveling at lightning speed. Making matters worse, I'm in day 5 of a 14 day quarantine, since I traveled back to the mainland to see my wife last week. This whole thing sucks. I layed off 800 people yesterday and amidst the tears, there was nothing but an empty feeling throughout my body. I've never seen anything like this before. Makes it harder being 3,600 miles from home, my family and living in an empty house alone. No looking for sympathy from anyone but I can tell you all that I miss Broncos Country.

I can't imagine how tough of a week that has been for you and your family. If you family in Colorado needs anything I can definitely make a run in that direction to help out however that may be.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am working from home now, but even if I wanted to go back into my office at work I can't because anyone who left the state in the past week can't go into the building for two weeks from when they returned... I was in Minneapolis this weekend.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am working from home now, but even if I wanted to go back into my office at work I can't because anyone who left the state in the past week can't go into the building for two weeks from when they returned... I was in Minneapolis this weekend.
Swedes are among the most dangerous groups in the world.

barbarians

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry to hear this. If you ever need someone to talk to through this just message me and we can talk. The nice thing about an event like this is figuring out that you are not alone in the battle.

Appreciate it, I’m in a better situation than most because money isn’t really an issue for me at the moment so I can afford to take 8 weeks off and not be screwed but I feel for the people who can’t.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's hilarious. So while you were out of State they came up with this rule?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hilarious. So while you were out of State they came up with this rule?

Nah- But I see the joke you're getting at. ;)

The rule was put in place yesterday... I was out before that... But- I am working from home for awhile so doesn't really matter. The just don't want me running in after hours to pick anything up in my office.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some may recall, I just relocated to Hawaii after spending pretty much my whole life in Denver. Unfortunately, my wife and dog weren't able to join until late April. I'm in the restaurant business and we've now shut down all of our locations. My job will be up in the air if this thing drags on longer than 3-4 weeks. I've probably dropped $30k of my own money to get here and it's unraveling at lightning speed. Making matters worse, I'm in day 5 of a 14 day quarantine, since I traveled back to the mainland to see my wife last week. This whole thing sucks. I layed off 800 people yesterday and amidst the tears, there was nothing but an empty feeling throughout my body. I've never seen anything like this before. Makes it harder being 3,600 miles from home, my family and living in an empty house alone. No looking for sympathy from anyone but I can tell you all that I miss Broncos Country.

OMG, feel so bad , If your wife or dog need anything , drop me a line. I'm right now the street.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I work from home everyday. Run Hanes supply chain out of my basement office. We are re purposing the unused sew capacity in Asia to make masks.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work from home everyday. Run Hanes supply chain out of my basement office. We are re purposing the unused sew capacity in Asia to make masks.

I can work from home, but makes it a bit tougher. I set up my TV as a second monitor, but work is going to allow me to get my dual monitor from work. I have a 5-7 minute drive to work every day so I don't usually choose to work from home because I have a lot of paper work I need to use a printer for, but I have no choice with this going on. Now I just take screen shots and add them to word files as my paper trail. I might find I like this better when all is said and done. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good time for a 7 round mock draft. ;)
Yeah now that Denver has filled holes. Give me 1 ,2 and the 3 3rds.

Who do you got?

SF needs picks . I could see Denver trading with SF at #13 and/or again at #31

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can work from home, but makes it a bit tougher. I set up my TV as a second monitor, but work is going to allow me to get my dual monitor from work. I have a 5-7 minute drive to work every day so I don't usually choose to work from home because I have a lot of paper work I need to use a printer for, but I have no choice with this going on. Now I just take screen shots and add them to word files as my paper trail. I might find I like this better when all is said and done. ;)

Yeah if I was 5 minutes from work I'd probably go in. The ppl I work with are fun to talk to.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah now that Denver has filled holes. Give me 1 ,2 and the 3 3rds.

Who do you got?

SF needs picks . I could see Denver trading with SF at #13 and/or again at #31

I have the Broncos and the Dolphins in my mock.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Broncos and the Dolphins in my mock.

To fill CB as a starter from the draft who should Denver look at?
NFL.com has CJ the 12th ranked player overall and a day one starter.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love CJ Henderson, Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy in the first... Or one of the top 3 OT's

Some other CB's to look at (we really need to take one in the first few rounds)
Obviously Okudah will be long gone.. After Henderson I wouldn't spend a pick 15 on a CB.
I look at CB as a strong possibility in round 2.
LSU Kristan Fulton
Trevon Diggs Bama
Mississippi State Cameron Dantzler (bad workout numbers but probablya Fangio phenom)
Jeff Gladney TCU
Jaylon Johnson Utah (underrated by many IMO)
Damon Arnette Ohio State
Bryce Hall Virginia (Love this guy, will go higher than people think)
AJ Green
Darnay Holmes (more of a slot guy)

There are plenty.

Wouldn't call this the best CB draft in the world, but it is good enough. Better than last years, not as good as the year before.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love CJ Henderson, Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy in the first... Or one of the top 3 OT's

Some other CB's to look at (we really need to take one in the first few rounds)
Obviously Okudah will be long gone.. After Henderson I wouldn't spend a pick 15 on a CB.
I look at CB as a strong possibility in round 2.
LSU Kristan Fulton
Trevon Diggs Bama
Mississippi State Cameron Dantzler (bad workout numbers but probablya Fangio phenom)
Jeff Gladney TCU
Jaylon Johnson Utah (underrated by many IMO)
Damon Arnette Ohio State
Bryce Hall Virginia (Love this guy, will go higher than people think)
AJ Green
Darnay Holmes (more of a slot guy)

There are plenty.

Wouldn't call this the best CB draft in the world, but it is good enough. Better than last years, not as good as the year before.
Lets post this in the draft thread. I think CJ could be a target for Raiders at #12. At #19 may not be there whereas a WR will.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I open up the Coronavirus thread and like what the experts say - it has mutated into another NfL draft thread.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I open up the Coronavirus thread and like what the experts say - it has mutated into another NfL draft thread.
Yea, get that football crap out of the Coronavirus thread!

;)