• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coronavirus - Direct Impact on You?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Doc Cyanide get drafted in the war against corona virus?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 8 without games to bet on.....going bonkers.....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - we stayed around long enough that bulletin boards are back in style. Look at the posting traffic. LOL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so ironic that it was never more important to maintain the social fabric at a time when we must all keep our distance. At this moment Carl - you are doing what I would call God's work. Your skills sets should work well for you in this mission.

I appreciate that. Honestly there are some really cool things coming out of this. Another church in town and I are going to combine our services so been a lot of fun to plan a service with another person. Haven't done that in years. We are also finding ways to reach people that wouldn't step foot in a church and also getting to see some really cool moments from people. Had a guy come up to me today and hand me $500 cash and said "you'll do better with this than I ever could know how so spend it how you see fit". Others are just wanting to help however they can. So the hard part honestly is just trying to find work for everyone that wants to help and making sure the ones who need it know it is available.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bar is closed for a minimum of eight weeks because I’m in the heart of Denver. And the statement that we got from the owner we’ll see if we even open back up at all since obviously two months bringing in $0 and takes a big toll on business.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bar is closed for a minimum of eight weeks because I’m in the heart of Denver. And the statement that we got from the owner we’ll see if we even open back up at all since obviously two months bringing in $0 and takes a big toll on business.
I’m really concerned for people in the food and hospitality business. I’m sorry!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have a support system here Duffman! Best to you.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My book title: Love in the time of the Coronavirus.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else wiping their asses with their old socks?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some may recall, I just relocated to Hawaii after spending pretty much my whole life in Denver. Unfortunately, my wife and dog weren't able to join until late April. I'm in the restaurant business and we've now shut down all of our locations. My job will be up in the air if this thing drags on longer than 3-4 weeks. I've probably dropped $30k of my own money to get here and it's unraveling at lightning speed. Making matters worse, I'm in day 5 of a 14 day quarantine, since I traveled back to the mainland to see my wife last week. This whole thing sucks. I layed off 800 people yesterday and amidst the tears, there was nothing but an empty feeling throughout my body. I've never seen anything like this before. Makes it harder being 3,600 miles from home, my family and living in an empty house alone. No looking for sympathy from anyone but I can tell you all that I miss Broncos Country.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MileHigh64 , that’s tough on so many levels! You DO have my sympathy - and I hope it works out for you to be with your family sooner rather than later.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some may recall, I just relocated to Hawaii after spending pretty much my whole life in Denver. Unfortunately, my wife and dog weren't able to join until late April. I'm in the restaurant business and we've now shut down all of our locations. My job will be up in the air if this thing drags on longer than 3-4 weeks. I've probably dropped $30k of my own money to get here and it's unraveling at lightning speed. Making matters worse, I'm in day 5 of a 14 day quarantine, since I traveled back to the mainland to see my wife last week. This whole thing sucks. I layed off 800 people yesterday and amidst the tears, there was nothing but an empty feeling throughout my body. I've never seen anything like this before. Makes it harder being 3,600 miles from home, my family and living in an empty house alone. No looking for sympathy from anyone but I can tell you all that I miss Broncos Country.

There's no choice but to hang in there - we will get to the other side. You're Karma is good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else wiping their asses with their old socks?

Had a friend get a call from someone in a panic couple of days ago. So my friend went over (he is a pastor) and the person said their emergency was an overflowing toilet. The guy had one of those roto rooter tools but was trying to go through the upper part of the toilet to unplug it. Not sure how much this guy had been living under a rock to not understand how a toilet works but whatever.

Come to find out they had flushed 5 wash cloths down the toilet not knowing you can't flush those without plugging the pipe.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So sorry to hear this. If you ever need someone to talk to through this just message me and we can talk. The nice thing about an event like this is figuring out that you are not alone in the battle.