• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cornhuskers vs Buckeyes Week

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Another D-end talking smack.

“I hope Nebraska looks at this tape and realizes they can’t run on us,” OSU defensive end Nathan Williams told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

Barfknecht: Buckeye ‘D’ shows up just in time - Omaha.com

Add in a little gamesmanship just before kickoff, too.

Meyer wanted his team to run onto the field through the Michigan State flag corps, which was in two lines awaiting the national anthem. That’s a no-no. Security guards tried to shoo them off, blocking that area with ropes.

So Meyer had his players, in defiance, cluster in the end zone for the anthem.

People had better get used to Mr. Slick’s cock-of-the-walk style. He works officials constantly, runs on the field, gets shooed back, then runs on the field again.

Meyer’s plan is to win, and win big. He won’t make many friends around the league doing it, but Buckeye fans are going to love him if it works.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done working on this. Nebraska is the better team.

NU 37-20 is my final prediction.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“I hope Nebraska looks at this tape and realizes they can’t run on us,” OSU defensive end Nathan Williams told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

lhama-are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-152.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

jeezis, we covered a 17 point spot, and we scored 17 more on top of that

It was a 14 point spot.

I tried everything I could to keep this close, but couldn't support it.

I feel good about my pick.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my program picked all games with 82% accuracy last weekend, and it says Ohio State - 34, Nebraska - 28.......at a mutual location.

I would have to think this week the program would even be slightly more accurate than last week now that it has more stats to work with, so I will say it is 83% accurate this week.

Thus, Nebraska has about a 17% chance to win this game. :dhd:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my program picked all games with 82% accuracy last weekend, and it says Ohio State - 34, Nebraska - 28.......at a mutual location.

I would have to think this week the program would even be slightly more accurate than last week now that it has more stats to work with, so I will say it is 83% accurate this week.

We shall see...

I could make a long list as to why NU is 17 (or even more) points better than Ohio St.

Only two reasons to keep it close.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in this thread, Jeds Defense thread, and the Poll thread on the CFB Forum. When you put them all together, NU is the better team by a long shot.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see...

I could make a long list as to why NU is 17 (or even more) points better than Ohio St.

Only two reasons to keep it close.

I'm convinced we will win.

When you look at certain games... Urban's goal like NE1tm said is to blow people out and put up gaudy numbers. They reached the end zone by the skin of their teeth in the second half vs UAB at home.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

Did you remember to put week 2 back into the code? If not....your results may be a bit skewed. :peep:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM's beloved program is going to implode this week. The non con games have yourn program ass-backwards sir.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you RA..........honestly, I feel like this Husker team is special (and will be really special next season).....

I also feel that the UCLA game would be a different turnout now......

Thee only problem is, what I feel and how Bo prepares his team seem to be 2 completely different things on such a consistent basis.

Damon Benning tonight made a great point. Nebraska shows great ability to fight through adversity............but when are they going to show the ability to win big game after big game?

This week is a big game......last week was a big game. Week after our bye week is a big game. Week after that is a big game. Week after that is a big game. Are we gonna be able to get up for this many big games in a row when we've never been able to EVER do it under Pelini before?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM's beloved program is going to implode this week. The non con games have yourn program ass-backwards sir.

I will admit that it couldn't be perfect as of right now due to the non con schedule........however, I did code the schedule to understand opponent strength.

As we get a couple more games into conference play, everything will start to make sense with my poll. Oregon, for instance, already moved from #15 to #8 this week. They will eventually be in the top 3 as long as they keep winning.

You cannot win if you are not either efficient on Offense and/or Defense. If you are inefficient in both categories, you will always lose.....guaranteed. My program is all about determining where you are efficient, and where you are inefficient.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe that Northwestern will conceivably be our biggest game of the year.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I don't buy into that shit at all.......

It's like the experts don't understand that Michigan hasn't even played a game yet and Michigan State is simply 0-1 at this point.

As of right now, Iowa is just as big as any other team to us.......because we have absolutely no clue what is going to happen over the course of October.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barfknecht: Buckeye ‘D’ shows up just in time - Omaha.com

Add in a little gamesmanship just before kickoff, too.

Meyer wanted his team to run onto the field through the Michigan State flag corps, which was in two lines awaiting the national anthem. That’s a no-no. Security guards tried to shoo them off, blocking that area with ropes.

So Meyer had his players, in defiance, cluster in the end zone for the anthem.

People had better get used to Mr. Slick’s cock-of-the-walk style. He works officials constantly, runs on the field, gets shooed back, then runs on the field again.

Meyer’s plan is to win, and win big. He won’t make many friends around the league doing it, but Buckeye fans are going to love him if it works.

Nebraska will indeed run on them. They'll get 200yds and some. Just like I said they would against a good Wisconsin Rushing Defense.

Wisconsin Defense >>>>Ohio St Defense

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will indeed run on them. They'll get 200yds and some. Just like I said they would against a good Wisconsin Rushing Defense.

idk about this, but other than MSU with their good back, who have they faced? MSU doesn't have a 2 dimensional offense like us...we have the best receivers in the league. if they try to stack the box on us, they will get burnt as long as T-Magic can get the ball there, which i think he can.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

200+ rushing yards will win us the game comfortably.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. Wisky's linebacker duo (Boreland,Taylor) >>>> Ohio St's (Shazier). Bring em'.

Ohio St's Pass Defense is ranked 94th

Similar to Wisconsin and (any other team for that matter), Ohio St will look good against the rush in the first Q as they are fresh to start the game. Same goes early in the 2nd Q coming out of the locker room after half.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St has no Abbrederis